Maravilla

5486 Calle Real, Santa Barbara, CA, 93111

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Maravilla

November 04, 2013

The cottages at Maravilla are very nice. Some apartments are 2- and 3-stories but my room is a cottage and it's 1800 sq.ft., two bedrooms, two baths. They have beautiful gardens and beautiful grounds. It's a joy to see because the gardens are kept so beautifully. There's a section of the facility called the casitas and we are totally independent in that we fix our own meals and we have our own cleaning people. They have two swimming pools and two exercise rooms. They have a big library and a big lounge. They have an internet lounge which has several computers. They have one social hour once a week on Friday and they have all sorts of things to eat and also wine. Two or three times a week, they will have musical groups come. They have an art class where the teacher comes from outside. We have a course and I sing in the course. They also have a beauty parlor and a massage room. There's something for everybody. They have the buses that take you shopping and to doctor's appointments several times a week. The bus will take you to the symphony orchestra which is downtown and then take you up and bring you back. An interesting thing is you can have pets. You can have two of something like two little dogs, two cats and it's wonderful because older people always do well if they can have their animals.

October 13, 2013

By BTK

Maravilla is a beautiful facility with lots of activities, pool, putting green and other amenities on site. I visit ever Friday morning for breakfast. Overall the food and service is very good. Located walking distance to hotel, grocery shopping, pharmacies and restaurants. They provide independent and assisted living care.

April 18, 2012

By Susan francis

My friend lives at Maravilla assisted living....yes it looks lovely but watch your valuables

September 30, 2011

My wife's mother had been having some health issues for the past six months, and as unfortunately all too often she ended up going into the ER. Pneumonia in both lungs, 104 fever, and heart issues. She all ready has had quite a bit of trouble with walking and we all decided to give her some time in Mara villa after she left the hospital. My wife and I are away from home most of the time so it would not have been appropriate she stay with us. At first she did not like the idea but the staff at Mara vista was beyond excellent. The facilities and rooms were spacious and very well maintained. She got too spend time with others, which she hadn't been able to do in some time with mobility issues, and participate in group events. The staff had around the clock care, checking her vitals, and really helping her get back too full strength. Total she was in the facility about 3 months but it was worth every cent and really helped her get back on her feet. I would definitely recommend them in the future.

September 29, 2011

By tbsbnstar

When my grandmother started to lose her memory we knew that she couldn't stay at home any longer for her safety so we began to look into assisted living homes specializing in Alzheimers. When looking we kept coming across Maravilla Senior Living (the memory care center specifically) and decided to look at it despite the fact that it was a little more expensive than some of the other places we had checked out. When we got there we discovered how beautiful it was and understood why they called it "resort living". The atmosphere was perfect for my grandmother (after all we wanted her last days to be as comfortable as possible). The staff was super friendly and helpful in teaching us about the disease and what they do at the facility to help its residents. I was happy that they provided both buses for patients to go out into the lovely city of Santa Barbara in addition to having nurses and doctors come into the facility. My grandmother moved in about three weeks ago and seems happy and healthy. She doesn't feel like she was "put in home" rather she feels like she's on an extended vacation.

Features of Maravilla

• Spanish

• Pets: Small Pets

• State Licenses: 425801937

About Maravilla

Maravilla is an assisted living facility in Santa Barbara, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Maravilla for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Maravilla