Sunrise at Tustin

12291 South Newport Avenue, Santa Ana, CA, 92705

Reviews of Sunrise at Tustin

May 12, 2016

By GailJGYCX

Sunrise at Tustin was a fine, nice place, but it was more appropriate for mother to be in a smaller place. It’s fairly small and intimate, though it was rather expensive.

April 13, 2016

By Marna2

We went to and really liked Sunrise. It was really pretty. Sunrise takes dogs, but you can’t walk out of your room without walking out the front and going through the whole complex to take the dog out, so it doesn't work. The staff was super nice, though. I thought the rooms and facility were OK. They had activities happening.

January 31, 2016

By Julia23

My parents are in Sunrise at Tustin. It is really nice compare to the previous one they have. It is smaller, cozier and the services are much better. The rooms are reasonable.

March 31, 2015

By Carol103764650

My mom is in Sunrise at Tustin right now. It is a beautiful facility inside and out, the people are very friendly and professional, and there was good food and good service. I rate it a three only because it is very expensive

March 27, 2015

By Amy40

I was very pleased with a company called Sunrise in terms of just the warmth and care for the residents. It was really apparent that Sunrise was doing a really good job with that and with the families. I struggled again because of my dad's physical capabilities, and they talked about putting him in assisted living, but he definitely needs some help, and as soon as I got to the memory care, their facilities are quite limited. If he was farther along in the continuum and if I needed to ever move him from where he is currently, I would definitely consider Sunrise. They were very professional. I really liked them for the assisted living, but I think their memory care is not very visible. They were incredibly warm and caring, and I think the staff is really good. But when you get into the memory care, it is just so limited in terms of space and the facility. The sanitation from what I could see seemed pretty good. I think it was better on the assisted living end than it would be on the memory care end, and the individuals that were in memory care were a lot lower-functioning than what my dad is right now, so that was a concern for placement. If I were to put him there, I would definitely put him in their assisted living and not in the memory care. They have a whole schedule of activities every day, and they do have some outings as well.

February 09, 2015

Sunrise at Tustin is a good facility, but it is ridiculously expensive. Honestly, my aunt didn't get the same kind of care that is getting now in her new facility. I did have one meal here, and it was OK. She falls down all the time here. They were very communicative, and I appreciated that. But considering what a small place it was and how much we were paying, I don't think they kept her room as clean as they could have. She is way better groomed at the new facility. When she first moved in here, they were very attentive, and they monitored her very closely. Then they went through a series of different executive directors, and the quality of care just seemed to go down. It wasn't really bad, but I didn't have anything to compare it to. But now that she is in a different facility, I can see that for what we were paying, we should have been getting way more.

Thank you for your review. Please know we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com so we can follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

January 31, 2014

By Caring74911950

Sunrise at Tustin was a very friendly facility. It was also clean. Their staff was nice. I think their rooms were just of regular size but they were nice. However, the facility was located a little away from me. Also it didn't seem it would meet my husband's needs, so I passed on them.

July 06, 2012

By MarloRuth1

The staff is very friendly. My grandma has a helper that is assigned to just her. There are quite a few amenities - family living rooms, lounges, and other quiet spaces. The individual rooms have full baths and emergency call systems in case grandma needs help.

June 14, 2012

By commercesd

We went to visit the Sunrise at Tustin assisted living facility since we happened to be in the vicinity looking at other places to consider for my aunt. The grounds looked well tended and maintained, with plenty of nice trees and shrubs. Residents enjoy nicely decorated and lovely furnished community rooms where they can watch movies, read, engage in arts and crafts, play games and gather for their many social events and parties. The private areas were nicely decorated and personalized for the residents and it was clear that they enjoy their surroundings a great deal. The communal areas were nicely designed with easy to access furniture and a comforting decor. There were plenty of nice areas for quiet time as well as socializing with other residents and friends, family and other visitors. The dining rooms include both casual and formal options. Their menus offer a variety of healthy food options. The food we saw looked nutritious, delicious and smelled really good, too. The snacks also looked interesting and healthy with a nice mix of nutritious options. We also liked that they encourage drinking plenty of fluids for healthy hydration each day. The facility is close enough to the metro area so that residents may enjoy all of the local events, art, culture, music, shopping and fine and casual dining offered. The residents are encouraged to enjoy physical activity as much as possible. They may take exercise classes such as yoga and aerobics, or use the weight training and other equipment. They may also enjoy the outer walk ways around the building and courtyard. It was clear that the care at this facility provides understanding and caring caregivers for the best care of its residents.

Photos of Sunrise at Tustin

Features of Sunrise at Tustin

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

• Staff Patient Ratio: Based On Census And Care Level

About Sunrise at Tustin

Just minutes from I-5 and I-55 and north of Old Town Tustin, Sunrise at Tustin is nestled in the foothills of Tustin in Santa Ana, CA. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide exceptional care in a cozy, home-like environment. We have a well-known reputation for providing excellent care to our residents.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites, to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent at Sunrise at Tustin is a welcome one.

Very cozy one story community that truley has a homelike enviroment.

Map of Sunrise at Tustin