Renaissance Retirement Center

300 W Airport Blvd, Sanford, FL, 32771

Reviews of Renaissance Retirement Center

Ren cen October 13, 2015

This facility is horrible do not do business with them. Employees routinely help themselves to the cafeteria food then when my Grandfather went to order food it was never available.

Employees are rude and they will not give your deposits back.

Caring110518450 July 21, 2015

The rooms at Renaissance Retirement were very big. The people are very friendly, and when I was walking around with the sales person, I was noticing people how happy they were. My father has a two bedroom, one bath, and he has a roommate. His living room is a really good size. He has been in that place for six weeks now. They have a little bus that takes them to grocery stores or to their doctor's appointments.

Cindy103541550 June 16, 2015

I am currently living in Renaissance Retirement Center. The staff is excellent, and the food is excellent. It is very nice and very well kept. They have one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments. They have bingo, arts and crafts, and luncheons. If you are not a walking resident -- which I am not -- they don't have a bus that has a lift on it for a wheelchair, so that is a challenge. I would love for them to get a bus that has a lift on it, so I could go to doctors' appointments and shop like everybody else.

Caring99516250 December 30, 2014

I found Renaissance Retirement Center on the internet for my father. The staff is very nice and very caring. They picked up on knowing his name quite quickly and called me in the beginning if there are any concerns or issues. It's a good facility for someone who can still kind of get around a little bit on their own because everything is quite open there. They do feed him three meals a day, and the food is pretty good. They have medical nursing staff on the premises. For the price, it's probably the best that I could find. The rooms are very roomy with a full one bedroom and a huge walk-in closet. They all have little balconies or lanais which are nice to sit out. It's a three-story building, so you can have ground floor, middle floor, or third floor. The dining room is fine, glass enclosed, and overlooking the garden patio. It's full service, so the residents sit down and look at the menu. The staff is very friendly, and they take their orders and bring them their food, coffee, tea, or drinks. It's very helpful to older people who need that type of service. They have planned daily activities, holiday activities, crafting, bingo, and senior stuff. This is not a completely secure building, it's not locked down, and people can just wander. It's off the main road and has a nice big driveway.

Lynn31 August 27, 2014

My parents are in Renaissance Retirement Center now. It had larger apartments and the price was less. It's well cared for. It's a little on the older side, but it's fine for what they need. The staff is patient and caring; they're always willing to help. The food is satisfactory.

The activity my parents like to go to is the singing. They have a Saturday afternoon sing-along, and all of them sing religious songs usually. They also have trips to different stores. They get on the bus and go to Wal-Mart. They all like that.

cheryl0567 August 27, 2014

Renaissance is one of the few facilities I found where the people can get their own bedroom in a small apartment, especially people on Medicaid. In most cases, she would have to share the bedroom. There was a kitchenette and a shared bathroom. The dining area is like a restaurant setup. They have parties that she likes to go to, with music, and they offer games. The staff seemed caring and the facility is near the highway.

Rey9 August 30, 2013

We picked Renaissance because we visited it a year prior and we liked the facility. It was about two to three miles from my house so it was very convenient for me. It was a little bit older facility and my dad got a one bedroom with living room, kitchen and bathroom. The apartments were of very good size and they're one of the cheaper places around.

My dad did not have a good experience there. There were problems we didn't see when we moved in and I didn't feel the care that they're giving my dad is as good as it should be. He also had issues with the food. They need to improve on the medicine management, how they give the medicines to the people. My dad was there for three weeks before he passed away.

Caring0437 March 15, 2013

The people were very nice at Renaissance Retirement Living. But the facility wasn't what I wanted for my mother. I was looking for an independent community.

From Renaissance Retirement Center

The city of Sanford, Florida is a very tight-knit community. In 2012, the city launched its "Imagine Sanford" campaign which encourages residents to get involved in city planning and provide feedback to make Sanford the city that everyone dreams it to be. The Renaissance Retirement Center is the same way. In its construction, we were mindful of the details that make retirement living a more enjoyable experience for seniors. With a restaurant-style dining room, an outdoor patio area with barbecues, spacious apartment floor plans with walk-in closets, wall-to-wall carpeting, and lighted vanities, and a full calendar of activities, half of the fun at the Renaissance is showing up! Our community offers independent and assisted living services to allow seniors to enjoy their retirement on their own terms.

*Rates listed are based on single occupancy.

Features of Renaissance Retirement Center