Cedarwood at Sandy

10970 South 700 East, Sandy, UT, 84070

Reviews of Cedarwood at Sandy

Jeff19 April 12, 2014

Atria Sandy was a VERY nice facility, but it was a little bit out of my price range. The customer service staff was very friendly. They had a very good explanation of the bundles that they use to provide the type of care, what they provide and don't. The room was a little smaller than what I'd personally like, but for all the various places I've lived in and seen, it would have made a wonderful one-bedroom apartment. We went there at meal time, so I saw what kind of interaction my mom would be having. They had very nice, colored photo pamphlets too.

Caring74556850 December 27, 2013

I visited two places in Sandy, I like them both, but Atria Sandy has independent and assisted side. I felt like if my mom's needs change, I can move her to assisted living and that's what has happened recently. We have just moved her to the assisted living part. The facility is clean. The staff and the residents know my mom. I like the personnel and they have lots of activities. Also the food is excellent.

Caring69149250 November 27, 2013

I went with my son at Atria Sandy. The woman who toured us was very helpful and I liked her presentation of the place. She sent me a menu every month with all the activities and that was something that I do as I want to keep active even if I go to a place like that. We looked around and there were some nice things that I liked about the facility. They have some outdoor rose garden. The layout of the room was good. There was a laundry in the apartment. There were just a lot of features that impressed me. It was in a nice area and I like the location that the facility was in. The staff were very nice. Another feature that I liked about the facility is that everybody wears a medical band so that if you have a problem you just press the button and somebody comes and helps you. That gave me a lot of comfort knowing that in an emergency there would be somebody there immediately. The whole atmosphere was warm and welcoming and I liked it. As I said to my son, this is the number one place for me if and when I decide to go to Utah.

Chris27 August 26, 2013

We have my mother now in Atria. We chose this facility because they have the best program for my mother. The food is excellent. Their residents are very friendly and happy there. They also have the most enthusiastic and caring staff that we found. They come in every morning and bring her breakfast because my mom is not a quick mover, she is pretty slow. They also do her laundry and they do a really good job at it. They have a nurse on staff 24/7 and aides readily available. They have an emergency call button that they wear as a pendant and they would just push the button if they need help. Anything that is mechanical with my mom's apartment, she just has to call the desk and they would set up an appointment with the maintenance people that are always there just within the hours usually. It also feels like they really care for their residents and that's important for us. My mom just had surgery in the middle of the night last week and it was Atria that helped get the paramedics and brought her to the hospital. We just met my mom at the hospital. They do a lot of activities. They have card games almost everyday. They have music and sing-a-longs. They have intellectual speakers coming in. They have fireworks display in their courtyard every Fourth of July. However, they need to put on more effort in getting new residents involved in their activities. Price is a little bit high, but it is worth it and we are very happy with Atria.

Thank you very much for your review and I'm so glad to hear that your mother has enjoyed her stay with us. You mentioned that new residents may need some encouragement to attend events and activities. Although we respect the privacy and personal time of our residents, we do try to encourage them to participate in events and we find that many of our residents also love to meet new people and invite them along to the activities. We will continue to develop our "Resident Ambassador" program to make sure that all of our new residents are encouraged to experience the fun and friendship our community has to offer. Please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the Atria community name in your subject line if you have any questions along the way.

exasperated54 July 29, 2013

Atria Sandy was a really nice place. We were impressed with the place when we visited it. It got good living environment and it was clean. Everybody was really nice. The director that talked to us was great. The staff was helpful and seemed to be concerned about their residents.

Yvonne 1 September 24, 2012

They're only as good as the staff and they're only as good as the direct care staff in the facility. Whether medications are given or handed to the residents, whether or not they actually do that appropriately, and whether there's supervision by a nurse which is usually isn't there every day, I'm not sure that that's done really well.

SweetieLiot July 11, 2012

Around the time my father began to show signs of extreme aging, I started my search for safe assisted living homes for his benefit. The Atria Senior Living community proved to be a wonderful choice for everyone. My father was able to enjoy his senior years and I was able to always know he was safe. The Altria Senior Living community has everything a person could need. My father was treated with care and respect by all of the trained staff. Altria was easy to visit due to its location in relation to my house. My father was very impressed with the meal service and the on-site amenities. The choice to move my father to Altria was very wise, as he was able to receive all his medications, and even meet with physical therapists to help with aging effects. All in all, my father and I were both very impressed with the Altria Senior Living community.

bjones76 July 31, 2011

Atria Senior living is located at 625 e and 11000 south in Sandy Utah. My experience with Atria was a good one. Since my Grandma Bennett was a resident there I was naturally critical of what they had to offer, but I found almost nothing to complain about. The thing that really hit me about this living facility right away was how beautiful it was. When you hear assisted living you do not think beautiful but right from the start the landscaping and white columns are hard to ignore. The waiting area is clean, well kept, and prettily arranged. I especially liked the attentive staff and clean clear walkways. The food was also a surprise since I was expecting instant potatoes, but they had a full fresh aray of choices for the residents to choose from. The rooms were wide and clean and decorated with various reminders of home chosen by the residents. The overall atmosphere held such a good impression for me that I felt relieved to know that we had picked such a great place for my Grandmother to spend her final years.

anonymous44 June 10, 2011

Visited this facility

By far, the most impressive thing I witnessed in this facility was the genuine affection and care the staff lavished on the residents. Every time I went to visit I found the residents being interacted with, as real people who have their own viewpoints and and opinions. The residents may be in the last years of their life and have health and other problems, but I've never seen them treated with anything but respect and love.

About Cedarwood at Sandy

Cedarwood at Sandy is an assisted living facility in Sandy, UT that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Cedarwood at Sandy for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Cedarwood at Sandy