AlmaVia of San Rafael

Reviews of AlmaVia of San Rafael

Overview of Ratings

3.7

December 31, 2013

My mom had a short stay at Alma Via. It was a good facility. It had very good amenities and it had a great staff.

June 26, 2012

By Summer2012

Not what you would expect from an upscale place, I toured the community and yes i fell for the whole nine yards, everyone seemed to be nice but once Mom moved in she felt completely ignored. the staff always spoke spanish and spoke so loudly we could never understand what they were saying to one another. one of the receptionist is so rude she has no patience with residents. when i Complain i feel ignored especially when I try to communicate with the ED nothing ever gets done. what a shame because it is a nice place but the service is not what you pay for. we are currently looking for another place for mom.

We truly appreciate the reviewer's candid and heartfelt feedback. We do not condone this behavior and we will immediately address the situations outlined with our staff. We are committed to providing the highest level of person-centered care to our residents, without exception, and our staff has received extensive training in how to deliver that experience.

We can also understand the reviewer's frustration with the apparent lack of action taken when these issues were first raised. If the reviewer would feel more comfortable talking with a member of our corporate team, we will gratefully offer the contact information for our Vice-President, Robert Gerds (510.769.2733/rgerds@eldercarealliance.org). We would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to take direct action on these very important issues of care delivery.

February 29, 2012

By mweber

My aunt is currently at Alma Via. It's a nice complex, not too big, not too small. It is located right across the street from a large shopping mall. It kind of worries me about the heavy traffic. But the street light has a walking sign which is good. The landscape and grounds are in almost prefect maintenance. Pretty rose beds blanket the ground around the entrance. And their is nice shrubbery around the border of the entire complex. Inside it is nice and clean. There is a really nice lobby when you first walk in. Big comfy chairs, tables and end tables adorn the room. There is a front desk with a kind and courteous receptionist who was more than willing to help us find my aunt. The cafeteria was really clean and simple. The residents there seemed to be enjoying themselves which was a huge relief for me. Overall is was a really nice place and I feel good about my aunt staying there.

Let Us Search For You

• Minimum Memory Cost: $6670/month

• Nurse On Staff: During Business Hours
    • Pharma

About AlmaVia of San Rafael

A vibrant community surrounded by beautiful wildlife, AlmaVia of San Rafael offers comprehensive assisted living and memory care to Bay Area seniors.

Regular visits from talented musicians and instructors of all kinds provide entertainment and education while our convenient location is close to shopping and medical services.

Senior Living Services

Assisted Living

Our assisted living community is secure and welcoming. The services we offer allow seniors to maintain as much independence as possible while providing assistance with everyday activities. Services can be personalized to each individual’s needs.

Memory Care

We believe in celebrating the dignity and individuality of each of our residents. Our innovative memory care program, based on the I’m Still Here™ philosophy, is designed to enrich the lives of seniors with dementia and Alzheimer’s. We strive to engage residents with meaningful activities, while providing 24-hour quality care services.

AlmaVia Amenities

Our restaurant-style dining room is a lively, social space to enjoy delicious, healthy meals while enjoying the view from the third floor.

Walking paths and patio seating allow residents and their visitors to enjoy the lovely grounds. Residents and visitors can also spend time in our cozy living room or participate in activities in the gathering room, while our library offers many multimedia options for residents.

Residents of all faiths are welcome in our chapel, and our full-time Spiritual Care Director provides spiritual care programming and services for all residents, no matter their beliefs.

Map of AlmaVia of San Rafael