Basecost

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Brookdale San Pablo

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

What makes us unique is our volunteer group of Resident Ambassadors; these caring individuals assist those in transition by showing them around the Community, sitting down with them for a few meals, and connecting them with others who reside at the Community. LIke those in transition, these volunteers can empathize with them by giving them the support and individualized attention necessary during this process.

Reviews of Brookdale San Pablo

Posted by Anonymous104226550 April 07, 2015
3.0

Brookdale San Pablo is nice. I have a little communication problem like getting in touch with people, but that is the only thing I am going through right now. The staff seems to be OK. They keep the place nice and clean. The food seems to be OK.

Posted by Caring105912750 February 10, 2015

Emeritus at Creekside Lodge seemed wonderful, but it wasn't appropriate for my husband because he was too sick at that point to be in assisted living. The staff is a terrific woman that took me on the tour and showed me everything. She even tried to put me in touch with the VA guy. The place is really terrific. I can imagine if you can do assisted living, it is a phenomenal place to be. The rooms are beautiful, and I should live so nicely in mine. The bedroom is very large, and the place is really clean, bright, and airy. I am very impressed with the facility. They have very nice activities like bingo, movies, and two different dining rooms. It is very nice.

Posted by Jada2 February 10, 2015
4.0

She is in Emeritus at Creekside Lodge. She loves it, so it seems to be a good fit. She has a private room, she shares a space there with another lady, and they are very nice. They have movie nights, trivia, bingo, and they have exercise daily. Emeritus is a wonderful place, and I believe my sister is going to be happy there.

Posted by Barbara97488250 January 19, 2015
4.0

My biggest consideration in choosing Emeritus at Creekside Lodge was the cost and how close it is to my home. I am very happy with the care and attention my father is getting here. He is making adjustments. He is not 100% satisfied, but he is living on his own in his own house. I think it's a big adjustment. I think he is participating in a couple of the activities, but that's not because the facility does not have that available. That's just his choice. I actually haven't tried having a meal with him. But I know that it is something he does look forward to because he always carries the menu in his pocket. He shares with us what the next meals are and the specific one he's looking forward to. I haven't come across any problem where we had to confront the staff and them having no ability to answer. The other thing I really like about Emeritus at Creekside was that every time I go there, before our visits and up to now when I see my dad, there's people that gather in the lobby socializing and reading. They are not all hidden away in their rooms. It seems that they go out and interact with one another. I really liked that.

Posted by Winnie3 November 22, 2014

This is a wonderful facility. The staff were warm and friendly. I even encounter one resident that showed us his room. 5 stars to everyone there. I also wanted to comment Sophi. She was very helpful and understanding. She made sure that everything went smooth for us. Thank you Sophi!! Thank you to caring.com for having this web site and for CARING!!

Posted by Caring97102950 November 11, 2014
4.0

Emeritus was fine as well as the rooms but they didn’t have enough care facilities available. They basically just took me around the facility, showed me the rooms and everything as the facility. It seemed to be a nice facility; it just didn’t fit what I needed but I would recommend the facility.

Posted by Caring89396950 September 11, 2014
4.0

My brother has been in Emeritus for a week now, and we like it. It’s just up a street from us, so we sort of already knew about it, but so far it seems good. They’ve been very welcoming. They remembered that it was his birthday and are attentive. The room is nice. There were a few glitches just before he moved in, and the maintenance guy came right away and fixed everything.

Posted by Charles48 August 14, 2014
4.0

Emeritus is a very nice place, very clean, great staff, reasonably priced, recently bought out, but no changes seen at this point. I've been very delighted with them for almost a year now. They make great coffee.

Two amenities that I think are really great are they have some daily or regular exercises that everyone can do together, even if it's just throwing the ball around from person to person, and they have a type of a trivia contest. They have things for memory where you roll a number and you have to come up with that amount of number out of a particular category. So if you get 12, you have to come up with 12 answers out of a category. It's really cool. But also they have a van circumstance where the van takes people around on a regular basis where they go up into the hills or just drive across the bridge, just for something fun to do. Those are two things that I like.

I have good feelings towards effectively almost everybody. That's the atmosphere that I get. The patients are generally, 80 to 90% of the time, calm and reasonable. But they're content, they're warm, they're fed, they're taken care of. Their response time to patients' needs is very good.

Posted by Bev M. July 19, 2014

I like the grand lobby at Emeritus at Creekside Lodge. They have a really nice piano. The activity room was very nice. They have a large backyard, lawn, and patio with plenty of room for family picnics and barbecues. They have nice apartments. They have several libraries in the building, at least a library on every floor. Everything looks perfect.

Posted by Caring79597250 May 11, 2014
4.0

I was really, really impressed with Emeritus at Creekside Lodge. There was a young lady who showed me around, and she was very enthusiastic, very caring. I liked the way that the staff, the caregivers, related to the people who were there and the residents were quite friendly. I got the impression that it was quite a special place. There was a mix of people from all different walks of life together in this particular neighborhood, and they got along quite well, so I was pleased.

Posted by Eric11 April 21, 2014

I thought Emeritus was excellent. It looked very comfortable and clean. The staff looked good in terms of the care that they were providing.

Posted by June9 October 17, 2013
4.0

One of my friends is very happy living in Emeritus. The staff seems friendly and the facility is very nice. The rooms seem adequate. The food is fine. I am recommending them to others.

Posted by Sylvia10 September 10, 2013
4.0

What's really nice about Emeritus Creekside is it has a really nice garden. It's next to a creek, there are a lot of trees, and you can sit down on the grass. It's a nice facility. The property is very well kept. The staff was fine, too. I thought the location is a lot closer to the city which means that there will be a lot more environmental issues.

Posted by Shelia2 August 28, 2013
4.0

I liked the staff there and the follow-up. I liked the interaction between the patients and the staff. The rooms were nice and everything seemed fine. But they didn't have an Alzheimer's unit.

Posted by Bollweivil August 24, 2013
3.0

No smell in lobby, but sleeping people scattered in front entrance. Salesman engaging and promising ease in opening up rooms, can change into assisted program from independent program without moving rooms. Not much in way of activities offered. Building off San Pablo Ave, but not near much shopping.

Posted by Phony Bilingual August 12, 2013
4.0

I was impressed with the lovely decor. Rooms are nicely furnished and do not have an "institutional" feeling to them. Dining room also lovely and food exceeded MY expectations. I was received in a friendly, warm manner by the staff. They provide transportation and it is not at all far from Berkeley that has many cultural and shopping venues.

Posted by Elizabeth15 April 17, 2013
4.0

I loved Emeritus. I think it's a lovely facility and community. It's roomy; you wouldn't have to be stuck in your apartment all day when you could go to one of the living rooms. There's one on every floor plus the outside area.

The facility appears neat, clean and very livable. When I was there, the residents were either in their rooms or downstairs listening to music from a visiting band or there was one guy doing craftwork. Those that were out and about all seemed to be quite happy. Also, it's nice that they could get their own wheelchair to get to their own post office box. I thought that was great.

Emeritus is easy to get to off the main freeway. I would love to see my mother there but we have to come up with a pretty good amount of money to make that happen. I would absolutely recommend this facility.

Posted by Bobv1lla August 22, 2012
4.0

My family member seems to be happy with the independence that she is able to enjoy. It is terribly difficult to get a straight answer from anyone though when it comes to logistical issues because there is not really one person who sets the pace for things. There are many other seniors in the facility that my family member is able to communicate with and it seems as though they are forming close bonds. I am not quite sure what the future is going to hold but I imagine that this will continue to be a pretty successful experience. This place is super expensive though, and I am not quite sure that we are really getting the money's worth, but if my family is happy, then I am happy too, because that is all that really matters in the end. I am not sure if I feel confident about everything though.

Location of Brookdale San Pablo

Features of Brookdale San Pablo

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Theatre, Community room, Activity schedule

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Lowest monthly rate: 1,895
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 70

• Licenses: 075600298
  • State License(s): 75600298

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details