The Meridian at Lake San Marcos

1177 San Marino Drive, San Marcos, CA, 92078

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of The Meridian at Lake San Marcos

November 24, 2015

I visited The Meridian at Lake San Marcos. They covered everything. They took me on a tour and showed me different units and all of the amenities. They did a pretty good job. The rooms were the best part about it because theywere beautiful and really nice. They go on trips and had different kinds of activities. They showed me a calendar, which showed all of the different activities. They had a really nice heated swimming pool. The location was great, too.

Thank you for your 5 star positive review and for the opportunity to show you our amazing community. We are very proud of our fantastic staff, luxury community and the level of care we provide! If you would like to discuss any additional questions and or concerns, we welcome you to contact us at the community. We look forward to having you as a valued member of our community!

August 26, 2015

By caringdaughtermemorycare

Yes, it is beautiful, but they haven't gotten the 'care' part down yet. My dad was virtually on his own when he moved in there. His hair was dirty, hearing aids not in, not shaved, no help dressing, I could go on and on. I did get these things done by reporting all to the director every time I visited, but you know, I was really hoping they would honor their contract without me having to do that! The director was so nice and tried hard but the bottom line was that the staff were not properly trained and on the floor of memory care my dad was on, there were simply not enough staff to do the job. (usually 1 person and usually hanging out in the lounge watching TV). Very frustrating experience. I moved my dad after 3 weeks of frustration. After they get their kinks out it may be better, but my experience was unfortunately not a good one. Still waiting on my partial refund...

May 21, 2015

By sukiblue

I moved my 88 year old parents to this facility three months ago. I was attracted to the place because, like most of the other reviews, it is new, the physical facility is VERY nice looking, and the food in the main clubhouse was the best I have experienced in a place for seniors. My parents are i assisted living and are memory impaired. This place falls short in the areas of communication and service. There is no apparent system in place to let me know the health status of my parents. They both have high blood pressure but I was told they don't check it unless they see symptoms. Symptoms such as what, a stroke? In their sales brochure they promise weekly wellness checks but they don't have a system of letting me know what those wellness checks show. Because of this lack of accountability I feel like my parents are not being looked after very closely.

May 08, 2015

By Darcy2

The Meridian at Lake San Marcos is a new place, and it's very clean. The food is very good. They have gates, but they are open during the day. My mother is in the memory care, and you have to buzz to get in. She is in a studio -- which is big enough -- and it has a nice bathroom. They have a movie theater that shows movies twice a day, a gym, and activities like bingo and card games.

January 16, 2015

By Lydia9

I was treated extremely well during my visit at The Meridian at Lake San Marcos. The staff were very kind, very patient, and very informative. They showed me all the facilities and went through everything available. They couldn't have been nicer. The facilities were beautiful, and it didn't feel like an old people's home. The rooms were brand new with stone counters; it was just really nice. They had a pool, and it felt more resort like. They had a computer room, a game room, and two different dining rooms which felt like restaurant dining. They had a beautiful fireplace out where you could kind of just mix with people, and they had outdoor areas where you could sit on patio furniture. They had a gym with the physical therapist who helps people with the gym equipments or could give physical therapy if you wanted. They have big rooms for arts and different crafty activities. They had it decorated beautifully for the holidays. The people living there were happy.

January 13, 2015

By Caring68195950

I took a tour of the Meridian at Lake San Marcos, and I really liked the place, but they did not have any one-bedrooms available and they have a long waiting list. All they had available was a studio, and it was way too small. I didn't want a studio. One thing I was impressed with was that it was fairly new. The other thing was the whole setup of the place. Because it was a combination of independent and assisted and I am only 67, I did not feel like I was around any 90-year olds that could hardly move. And it was clean. They paid a lot of attention to details, and the meals and things looked good. They just had a lot of little amenities that were very nice. We passed by one of their activity rooms, they were playing some kind of game, and they seemed to be having a lot of fun, and then they had a music room. It was a lovely facility, and I really wanted to stay there but, like I said, they did not have availability for me. And the gentleman who took us on a tour was very nice, and he answered all our questions. I just felt bad that I was not able to get in there.

December 26, 2014

The Meridian at Lake San Marcos was very impressive. It was brand new, and everything was good about it. I only met one person from the staff, and she was very helpful. I saw the menu, and it looked very good, but I didn't get to eat there.

November 22, 2014

By Sherry38

The Meridian is very nice. The rooms are very nice. They have all kinds of activities. The food is good. I have eaten there. and I like it. The staff is nice. They are all there to help you. It is brand new. The price is reasonable.

September 08, 2014

By John94549850

We went and toured The Meridian at Lake San Marcos. The facility was a little over a year old, so it was very new. They had different types of living arrangements, like independent living, assisted living and memory care, so it kind of covered all the senior needs. We toured the assisted living facility. Everything was included. It had three meals a day. They had very helpful, very friendly and knowledgeable staff there. They were good at first impressions. The cost seemed to be very reasonable. We looked at one-bedroom unit with a bedroom and living area. They had a large walk-in closet. It had a single bathroom with a walk-in shower and it had amenities for people with disabilities to walk in and had their shower or off to the toilet area. They also had a little kitchenette area. It didn’t generally come with an oven or a stove, but you could have a microwave. It ranged anywhere from 600 square feet to around a thousand square feet for the one bedrooms. It had also a wide range of sizes and of course, the price would differ for each size. They had a number of activities scheduled during the day. They actually used the touch screen monitors in the hallways, near the dining area and actually in your own room, where you can see as to what activities were going on during the day. So, you don’t have to actually to go look at a bulletin board. They were high-tech. The dining room was beautiful. They had three dining areas all on the first floor. If you were living in the independent living, you were on a meal plan where you had to pay for your meals as you eat them. If you were in the assisted living or memory care, it was included in the cost of your rent for the month and you could eat any time of the day. There were three meals provided. It was not scheduled. You could come and eat whenever you wanted. There was a lot of flexibility on the kind of foods you would have. They had their standard menu and you would have two different specials for the day that they offered. From what I saw in the menu themselves, they were very good cuisine. They had a liquor license, so they could serve wine or liquor on the premises. They had a small outdoor pool that the residents could use. They had a room that actually looked like a theater where there were theater seats.

August 30, 2014

By Sally24

The Meridian at Lake San Marcos was brand new and it was very impressive. We saw some of the rooms and the individual apartments, and we were very impressed with them. They seemed so bright, shiny and new with beautiful architecture.

June 17, 2014

By Gudrun4743

The Meridian was way out of my money range. It was wonderful but expensive. Nevertheless, it is a brand new facility. They have huge, big apartments with huge, big bedrooms. Also they have beautiful outside area.

February 26, 2014

The Meridian was very nice. I was really impressed with everything about it from the rooms to the dining to what they had going on for people. The one drawback was that to get to the dining room or to the activity room, you leave your room and walk across the parking lot outside and I just thought eventually that might prove to be a problem. If they built some interior hallways to the main building, I think that was the big difference. There were several different buildings. The one I looked at was the one that we walked back outside to get to the building. There is a pool, there is a movie room, there’s a computer room. They had it all. It was very impressive. The room wasn’t too small. I watched people eat and that sure looked good. I think they’re outstanding other than a few quirks.

February 01, 2014

The Meridian at Lake San Marcos was very nice. They have a pool and a library. I only met very few of their staff members but the one who toured us was very informative. Their rooms were spacious. I was able to eat there and it was very good. I definitely like this one better than the other place. Everything there was better. The population also was younger.

Photos of The Meridian at Lake San Marcos

Services & Amenities of The Meridian at Lake San Marcos

• Licenses: RCFE

About The Meridian at Lake San Marcos

Escape the ordinary. Escape to The Meridian at Lake San Marcos, a luxury San Marcos senior living community offering independent living, assisted living and memory care, all designed for discerning individuals who expect more out of life.

Here you can immerse yourself in an exclusive retirement lifestyle offered in a breathtaking setting along Lake San Marcos in the heart of San Diego County; a lifestyle rich in service, amenities, beauty and possibilities.

Community features include:

• Large spacious apartments, 2 bedroom, 2 bath w/ den apartments available
  • Balconies w/ Lake Views
  • Beautiful 22,000 sq.ft. Clubhouse that provides resort living.
  • Heated Swimming Pool
  • Nostalgic Movie Theatre with large leather chairs
  • Fountains and beautifully landscaped community.
  • Fitness room
  • 2 Gourmet Dining rooms with full service staff
  • Upgraded apartments with gorgeous amenities
  • Quartz countertops