The Villages of San Luis Obispo

73 Broad St., San Luis Obispo, CA, 93405

Reviews of The Villages of San Luis Obispo

Debbie100441050 January 15, 2015

The Villages was nice, but not quite as nice as the other facility. The only thing that we didn't like about it was that it was just really, really large, and there were a lot of facilities that were not connected. Like if you have to get to the main dining hall, you have to go outside across the parking lot to get to that. Other than that, it was very nice. The staff was very friendly and interacted with a lot of people that were there. Everyone seemed happy. They were more than glad to let us come in and look at the rooms because they were full.

Caring8405 October 22, 2014

The Villages was very good, and they have a very good staff. It is updated. My relative is on the independent side, but I have heard that the assisted living side is also very good. I would recommend this facility.

Caring100466950 October 17, 2014

My sister and I went to visit Garden Creek, and the visit was very positive. We like the cleanliness and the friendliness of the people. We also like the organization and the layout of the building that we saw. We also like the aroma, as it is very pleasant. We noticed that they have music entertainment going on. I also saw puzzles, and that is one of our favorites. We also saw a man reading in the library room which is very quiet and nice, and I like that. The rooms worry me because it’s small, and I am afraid that is hindering me from going to that facility.

Caring82695250 April 11, 2014

My sister-in-law was in The Villages. They had nice rooms. I ate with her several times; it was very good. The dining area is beautiful. They had bingo. They had all kinds of things going on all the time. It was very nice.

adilam June 10, 2011

Visited this facility

The Villages of SLO has independent living for active seniors, assisted living and memory care (located at a different location in SLO). It is built in a former Cal Poly dorm and still has that feel, though it is much better maintained than a college dorm. The landscaping, decor and maintenenace is done really, really well. The residents are happy and social. Upon entering the courtyard you will see an outdoor fireplace where happy hours are hosted and an inviting pool - rare for many senior communities. Two meals a day are included in the monthly fee and the apartments have full kitchens. They provide transportation around SLo during their scheduled travel times, but people love that they can actually walk across the street to convenient shopping.

The Villages offers a full schedule of activities, including excercise classes every day. They make a concerted effort to maintain an active resident population and provide the amenities and activities for their residents to stay healthy. Some people complain about the fact that the buildings are separate and to get from their apartment to the dining room, you have to walk across the courtyard. On a beautiful day (which most are in SLO) being outdoors is a pleasure, but on a rainy or cold day, it is understandable to wish for hallways. The staff is friendly and attentive, the food is very good and the residents seem to be truly enjoying themselves.

About The Villages of San Luis Obispo

The Villages of San Luis Obispo is an assisted living facility in San Luis Obispo, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Villages of San Luis Obispo for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of The Villages of San Luis Obispo