Belmont Village San Jose

500 S. Winchester Boulevard, San Jose, CA, 95128

Reviews of Belmont Village San Jose

Caring105400850 July 07, 2015

Belmont Village looked very nice, and the people were very friendly. We also like the program that they have, which is called Circle of Friends, but for my mom the place was too busy. The place is like living in a very fancy hotel with quite a lot of support. We were able to see an available room, and it was very nice. The furnishings were nice and new. It had a nice restaurant where the family can come in. There were a lot of things that were positive, but it just wasn’t the place for my mom.

Sharon103016150 April 28, 2015

Belmont Village was nice. It was totally different that the other one I have visited. It was for people who do not like to go outside much. There was not much of an outside property, but that is typically OK with older people. The person I spoke with was very friendly. The rooms were small.

Lowell2 April 18, 2015

We have seen very nice facilities, but we thought Belmont Village of San Jose was a little bit better than the others. The food was good. The staff was nice.

Caring100892550 October 27, 2014

The staff at Belmont Village was very nice, and this is totally different from the other facility my husband was in. People are more independent and they have more activities there. The rooms were very nice, but nothing was inside the room. The size is reasonable and enough for one person. They had a very big dining room where they had some activities too. That day when I visited they had an event like a Hawaiian theme; everybody was wearing Hawaiian shirts.

Caring95884350 September 30, 2014

Belmont Village was very nice, but they don't do medical management. It is a beautiful facility, very high-end, very well-maintained, and well-decorated, but not as homey and it just wasn't right for my parents. I was looking for a homier place. It was more like a high-end hotel.

Caring78971450 February 28, 2014

Belmont Village is a very nice facility. We're looking for something close to where we live. The facility is really nice. It's very clean, the room was nice and spacious, and everyone seemed really friendly. The price was a little high. We didn't eat the food, but it sounded like the people that live there were happy with the food. I didn't see any outside area for the residents to go in because of where it is. It's right near Santana Row. But other than that it was a nice facility.

Muriel2 September 26, 2013

We moved into Belmont Village and we liked it. They have a very nice staff and they treat you right. We have a little suite that has two rooms, a bedroom and a living room and we go down to the dining room for a meal. They have a lot of activities and we've been to exercise classes.

Janet26 August 11, 2013

It was way too large and it was not as clean as the others. But I knew that the residents there were happy with their activities. But honestly, I smelled the smell of urine in many places and that turned me off to it. They needed to clean the place so it would had a neutral small rather than a bad smell.

CaringD July 12, 2013

We went to Belmont Village of San Jose and that is like a really high-rise living. It is lovely inside but they don't have a garden outside. They have spots here and there on the grounds but it wasn't for my mom. I only saw one room and it was not a good room for her. My mom has Alzheimer's and I had to take into consideration that she might get paranoid and so she doesn't want to look outside to a street or an alley where she might see people walking and be afraid. We specifically wanted something where my mother could be out in a garden and the high-rise is not fit for her.

caring54220650 November 02, 2012

Belmont Village looks more like a free standing hotel. Rooms are nice, spacious and there is furniture also. Staff is good, very friendly, and they also have a lot of staff.

NorCal May 17, 2012

I had an opportunity a few weeks ago to quickly tour Belmont of San Jose with my mother, who is considering moving to an assisted living facility in Northern California. We dropped in unannounced at Belmont of San Jose and were warmly greeted; additionally, a staff member offered to give us a quick tour. The facilities are updated and modern, and every staff member and resident who we bumped into had something pleasant to say. The dining area was clean, bright and cheerful, and while we didn't have time to sample the food, the menu looked quite appetizing and the residents seemed to be enjoying the meal. We looked at two studio apartments and found them both to be well laid out, with an efficient use of the available space (room for a double bed, a small sitting area with TV, ample closet space and a small kitchen area with a microwave and a refrigerator). There's a wonderful terrace on the 7th floor which is perfect for relaxing, reading and socializing. Lastly, the facility is located a very short walk from Santana Row, a high end shopping area with many nice restaurants. The Belmont of San Jose is definitely on our short list of possible facilities, and is certainly worth a look.

DrJames'Corner July 01, 2011

I've referred a number of clients to Belmont Village, and I've visited it. They offer assisted living, independent living, and memory care. And--very unusual--they have a special program to help seniors who wouldn't otherwise be able to afford to live there, funded through private donations. They specialize in helping veterans--and offer a sliding scale.

It's a huge facility, over 300 rooms, and it looks like a Hilton--located in a prime area of San Jose. It's very upscale, attached to Santana Row, which has a lot of upscale shops and restaurants. There's good access to everything: the freeway, public transportation, and walking. The rooms are private, small studios, but with a separate bedroom.

They have an excellent staff: case managers, social workers, LVNs, RNs, certified chefs--all very caring, engaging, well trained. The CEO is the co-founder, and she really cares. It's all about mission for her.

The activities are good, too. They have something for body (exercise programs), mind (trivia games, that kind of thing), and spirit (there's lots of positive energy among the staff).

Bennet May 13, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

One of my family friends lives at Belmont Village and I've been very impressed with the facility every time I've visited. Belmont Village is located in an extremely lovely and convenient location surrounded by excellent shopping and dining. He is very pleased with the facility's location and the care that he receives. He is fed three well-balanced and nutritional meals a day, and the staff is always courteous and watchful of him. It is important to me that the staff is well-trained and genuinely enjoy their jobs, which they most definitely do. I would recommend this facility to other families who want to ensure their loved ones will be well cared for.

From Belmont Village San Jose

Belmont Village of San Jose, California is located in a city that is renowned for its quality of life, beautiful climate, and variety of exciting cultural, recreational, educational and entertainment opportunities. The facility is ideally situated directly across the street from the famed Winchester Mystery House, and next door to Santana Row with world-class shopping, restaurants and entertainment. With easy access to no less than eight freeways, Belmont is also near major healthcare facilities and places of worship for our assisted living residents.

The Mission-style building is surrounded by safe and secure outdoor areas where residents and their guests can enjoy a relaxing stroll in the Mediterranean climate. The stylish interiors are centered on wide corridors that are easy for residents to navigate. And an active Resident Council provides input on food, community lifestyle, and small and large group activities such as outings to San Francisco, museums, theaters, lectures and more.

Experience the Belmont Village Difference
  • Dedicated Memory Care Residences
  • Assistance with daily living
  • Well-trained, dedicated staff
  • Chef-prepared, restaurant-style dining
  • Professionally supervised fitness center and wellness programs
  • Physical, occupational and speech therapies available on-site
  • Free scheduled transportation
  • Enrichment programs and social activities
  • Internet and email at the Center for Learning
  • Housekeeping and laundry
  • Private and companion apartments
  • Short-term stays available
Memory Care rate includes the following
(there is an additional fee for enhanced personal care.)
  • Basic Personal Care (activity reminders and stand-by assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and escorts)
  • Three delicious chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style daily in Josephine's Kitchen
  • Licensed Nurse on-site 24 hours a day
  • Regular monitoring of residents' wellness and periodic health assessments
  • Senior-focused social, recreational, educational and gardening activities
  • 24-hour emergency call response system
  • Daily scheduled transportation to nearby shops, physicians' offices or special events
  • Weekly housekeeping, laundering of bed linens and personal laundry
  • Daily trash removal and bed-making
  • All utilities except private telephone
  • Cable TV programming

At our community, almost all of our residents age in place through end of life including hospice. They stay in the same apartment they chose when they moved into Belmont Village. Because of our Circle of Friends program, residents with memory issues may be able to live unsecured, with daily programming just for them. This is particularly meaningful with couples where one partner needs more support than the other.

Features of Belmont Village San Jose

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Book clubs
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $7,210/month

• Staff patient ratio: We have over 100 staff members, and 137 apartments
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: RCFE 435202350
  • State License(s): 435202350

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Belmont Village San Jose