Atria Willow Glen

1660 Gaton Drive, San Jose, CA, 95125

Reviews of Atria Willow Glen

Relative28 March 21, 2016

Atria Willow Glen was a good place with friendly staff. The residents looked happy and content. The rooms looked fine.

Cindy M.1 February 10, 2016

The staff at Atria Willow Glen was very nice. They were very informative. However, the buildings were separate, and it was an old facility. They did have activities. To me, it reminded me of a rehab for the memory care side. It reminded me more of a hospital. It was a little too old. They did have all levels of care. In the memory care side, there were some activities.

Hello, Cindy. Thanks for visiting our community. I’m sorry Atria Willow Glen wasn't a good fit for you, but if you have any questions you can reach me directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

Joyce119984450 February 10, 2016

Atria Willow Glen was beautiful. It is very near my house. It is walking distance, so I would be in my same neighborhood. However, the neighborhood doesn’t have that much to offer. From that perspective, I didn’t care too much for Atria Willow Glen. However, the facility was very beautiful. Of all the ones I looked at it was probably the most attractive physically. It was very wooded, and it had lots of trees around it. It also had a heated swimming pool; which was very nice. I really would have taken Atria as my second choice.

Liza5 December 17, 2015

Atria Willow Glen was also very nice and clean. The people were very friendly. The rooms were very nice and of good size.

Sharon103016150 April 27, 2015

Atria Willow Glen was good. The person that I spoke with was very nice and knowledgeable. It was favorable.

Caring100547050 February 10, 2015

I live in Atria, and my wife used to live here too. It is very good. The facilities are nice, and the service is good. The food is good as well. The staff is good. The rooms are no better than the average. But the landscaping of the grounds is very nice, and the atmosphere is very nice as well. The activities are good, but I just don't participate in a whole lot of them.

Caring95884350 September 30, 2014

Atria Willow Glen was a very nice facility, very nice people there, and it was very clean, very homey. The rooms were very bright, the kitchen and dining area were lovely. I liked everything about it, except they didn't provide the services we needed for my mother. They don't do the medical management piece.

Caring77425250 March 21, 2014

My husband and I were pleased with Atria Willow Glen. Everything looked really well, and the people seemed really caring and very friendly. It seemed like a good place. They have a pond and people can just go sit and enjoy the surroundings. It was in a nice area, like a wooded area. It seemed like a good facility. The rooms were a good size.

Linda78452050 February 28, 2014

Atria Willow Glen has one only one bedroom apartment. All of them were studios, and I didn't think that would be appropriate for my sister. The staff was all very nice. They knew I was coming because I made the appointment. They knew my name. They were ready for me when I came, so that was very nice.

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that we did not have a one-bedroom apartment available for your sister when you visited. If you would like information on our other communities in the area or if we can be of any further help, please feel free to reach out via email at customerservice.atriaseniorliving.com including "Atria Willow Glen" in your subject line.

Barbara77497350 February 28, 2014

Atria Willow Glen seemed very nice and it was very clean. It seemed very organized and very tidy. There were people around and they seemed nice. We went for a little tour and met with the director, but we realized it would not be a good fit for my mom because she needs memory care soon. We saw their activities chart and it seemed fine.

Ray11 February 28, 2014

I was very impressed with Atria. Everything was beautiful. I like the location, the settings, and the grounds. The people are very nice. The staff was very polite and very professional. I was very, very impressed with it. There was nothing I could compare that came close to it. The rooms are nice. We looked at apartments for my father. I thought it was more than enough for what was needed. I had a dessert, and the pie they made me was excellent.

Linda71833550 November 21, 2013

I found Atria Willow Glen on the Internet. They gave us a tour and we spent about two hours there, and we liked the facility. I liked the location because it was reasonably close to my house and near other establishments. It was clean and had a great setting. The management was helpful and explained about the pricing. The rooms were more than adequate what a single senior would need. They had enough space for a small living room and bedroom area. It looked nice and all had patios. They gave us handouts about their scheduling, calendar. courses they held and types of services they had. I would definitely recommend this place to other people.

Caring70687750 October 26, 2013

Atria Willow Glen consisted of some converted buildings some years ago. They have made a dementia unit out of that complex. They have a memory ward, which had to be locked up. They also have their duos where they have some people that are couples that could also live there. As a whole, I didn't see any problems in terms of the cleanliness of this facility on the one day that I visited it. They did have a nice open area to the back where they have a pretty nice yard. However, inside it was very cumbersome in servicing dementia people. The problem with this particular place was that they use both their first and second floors for their dementia unit. So people who live upstairs have to go downstairs in order to participate in activities or what-have-you. I thought that was a very cumbersome situation. They have to take them up and downstairs in order for their dementia people to participate in activities and for the staff to be able to look after them. I also didn't think there is good surveillance from one floor to the next. If they could not make the dementia people live upstairs, that would be an improvement.

Larry22 October 09, 2013

The Atria was really nice. The girl who took us around was a very great saleswoman and she let us look at our own pace. There was no hurry, no rush. She answered all the questions very well. It was immaculate. In fact, the unit itself was exactly what we were looking for. The neighborhood was really nice.

Caring0952 October 04, 2013

I heard of Atria Willow Glen by word of mouth. It is a beautiful facility. The staff were very accommodating and nice. I liked that it was very woody and natural. They had a nice pool and koi pond. The rooms were quite large too. They had a lot of activities and a lot of veterans which was what I looked for my dad.

Caring1125 September 11, 2013

I was at Atria Willow Glen and I was very pleased with it. The staff was friendly and nice. I was impressed with the overall appearance and the service of the people.

Mary F2 August 27, 2013

The Atria Willow Glen was a nice place. They had good care and everything, but after having a brain stroke, my brother needed a little more assistance and he'd get angry. He was too much for them. He is a smoker and he couldn't smoke. They had a patio, but when it rains he couldn't be out there. The staff was very nice to him, but my brother just needed special care and he is better off where he is now. If he didn't have a problem, he would have stayed at the Atria.

Janet26 August 11, 2013

It was a beautiful property. But to me it was a bit too large for what my mother would need. It had a nice setting and they seemed to have a lot of activities. The ones that I talked to seem knowledgeable and dedicated to their jobs.

Larry17 August 10, 2013

I am now at the waiting list of Atria Willow Glen. The facility is clean and really nice. All of the people there seemed happy. The place is laid out well. It got like a park setting. They had lot of activities. I like the cleanliness and the cheerfulness of the residents in the place. The only thing I don't like is that it's expensive.

George33 June 26, 2013

So far so good although they are a little bit less organized than they might be. The staff are very friendly with my mom and she is very happy there. Their food is good. The dining is wide open, well-lit, clean, and easy for the elders to get around with their walkers. Overall, Atria Willow Glen is a very good place.

scotty_dog August 23, 2012

The assisted care facility at Atria Willow Glen is a well maintained and quality establishment with 3 tiers of care to accommodate for a range of services available to residents. The first tier let's residents live in a hands off environment and with kitchens in each unit. The next tier allows residents to transition at their pace with certified helpers to help with their day to day requirements. The final tier is for residents who require 24 hour medical care which is provided for them onsite. Meals are included in the cafeteria daily or are readily available at the request of our residents. There is an onsite pool and activity center equipped with classes and personnel certified to run exercise classes. Visitors are welcome during selected hours and there are common rooms to accommodate for any activities that residents would like to participate. Atria Willow Glen is an overall well equipped care facility and I would recommend it to anyone.

SaintJose June 13, 2012

Throughout my grandmother's stay at Atria, the quality of care and service has been spectacular. The complex is based on a beautiful plot of land, and the buildings themselves are decent looking and appear to be enjoyable for their residents. Atria features a quality restaurant-type dining hall for its residents and guests, while also offering additional options such as an ice cream bar. The apartments themselves are of a reasonable size, and our experiences with the staff thus far have been largely positive. Atria organizes numerous activities for its citizens each day, and seems to truly care for those who live in it. Our family has had negative experiences with other assisted living facilities in the area, but my grandmother's time at Atria Willow Glen has been a welcome change.

ssharma May 08, 2012

Atria Willow Glen is great! The people there are extremely friendly and their facilities are up to date and go beyond all basic standard. They have a full dining hall with exquisite foods brought out by waiters. There is no cafeteria like atmosphere. Everyone who works here always has a smile on their face and is very nice and caring. The facilities are extremely nice; they have large renovated rooms and very spacious bathrooms. Other homes we visited almost gave of a depressing vibe but, this place had much more of a homey feeling than other homes close by. My only complaint is the lack of diversity. Most of the people living there are white and the majority of the workers were Ethiopian (I learned after asking where they were from). A little bit more diversity would definitely help improve the facility and give it a full 5 star rating. Overall I am very happy with Atria Willow Glen and hope they continue their excellence and will build on it.

From Atria Willow Glen

Atria Willow Glen provides all the comforts of home in a resort-like community. Invite family and friends to enjoy a walk through courtyards with lush landscaping and koi ponds, or take an outing to nearby downtown San Jose. Atria Willow Glen offers easy access to shopping, banks, medical facilities, parks, museums and entertainment.

Atria Willow Glen offers the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Café
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals