Atria Chateau Gardens

1185 Pedro Street, San Jose, CA, 95126

Reviews of Atria Chateau Gardens

Relative27 March 16, 2016

We chose Atria Chateau Gardens for my mom because it is close to our home and not too far from her healthcare facilities, doctors, and dentists. We chose it because of the price, too. The staff was great and very friendly, and the people we have met are very nice. As far as I can tell, the residents seem happy. Their food is pretty good. From what we saw, they have a full roster of daily activities from reading the newspapers to exercise programs to get-togethers. They have different kinds of fun activities, and a lot of stuff to offer for the residents to keep them occupied and involved. The facility is close to all of the amenities of Willow Glen. They provide bus services for the residents’ appointments with doctors and dentists.

Caring112430250 August 31, 2015

I visited Atria Chateau, and the rooms when you go in, they look like boxes to me. Everybody was very nice to me when I went there.

Caring108503350 June 25, 2015

I like that Atria Chateau Gardens was a small and caring community, and the staff seemed happy working there, which I thought was indicative of good leadership. I did feel they could have shared more information about their capabilities to transition their clients into hospice. The rooms and apartments were fine. My brother was very happy there. I ate there more than once, and the food was good. The service was also good. The dining area was bright, airy, and cheerful. Sometimes they had live music there which was pleasant. I was most impressed by the caring staff. They were always concerned about the safety of their residents, and their security seemed completely adequate to me. For someone who needs just residential care, I would give it a five. For someone who needs to be able to transition to a hospice setting, I think it is probably not the best place.

Joann21 May 17, 2015

My sister stayed in Atria Chateau Gardens for a few days only. It's a very old facility, and a lot of the residents were on the old side. The staff was OK. The food was very good, which smelled like a restaurant, and you eat in the dining room. The rooms there had a lot more privacy.

Hi, Joann. We’re happy that your sister chose to stay in our community. We’d love to hear more about her experience with us, and invite the two of you to reach out to us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

Anna20 January 09, 2015

Staff is very kind and caring. Food is poor. Not much supervision, a bit disorganized . Inadequate laundry facilities. Marketing person is very misleading. Housekeeping very good.

We are happy to hear that our care staff and housekeeping are living up to the high standards we set for our communities. Thank you for your feedback; we welcome the opportunity to hear how you feel we can improve in the areas you mentioned. Please feel free to reach out via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and kindly include “Atria Chateau Gardens” in your subject line so we may connect with you. We are here to help!

Amy25 July 19, 2014

Dad moved in at Atria Chateau Gardens. Its location is convenient to us. The staff are really nice and very friendly. They know dad by name. He has got a 1-bedroom, and it's fine. The only thing I would say is that the plugs are really weird. They were very limited plugs so it was kind of difficult to set up the furniture that we had for him. My dad really is not able to participate in any activities because of his health problems, but they do help him go to his appointments if we can't do it, and that is very helpful.

Caring84392950 May 10, 2014

I saw the entrance area of Atria Chateau Gardens, and it was very nice. The staff are very friendly and accommodating.

Caring82236150 April 12, 2014

The staff at Atria Chateau Gardens are very kind. They gave us a tour, talked to us, and answered our questions. The rooms are clean. The problem is the price is a little bit high.

Caring77425250 March 21, 2014

Atria Chateau seemed like an older facility. But the people there knew each other. Every time we pass by somebody, they will greet each other on a frequent basis. The cafeteria seemed really nice. It was spacious and they have a little dance floor. They had all the activities and dances there and people just love to come and dance there. People enjoy the things that they have. They will have people there who will attend to the needs of the residents. It seemed like they were experienced people.

LovelyLady0000070 January 18, 2014

I have a friend who lives at the Atria Chateau Gardens. We took my husband there for lunch today and he really liked it. It was very friendly; some of the residents came up and talked to him. We looked at a wall with pictures on it of some of the residents who were in World War II. That was a real selling point because my husband spent a lot of time looking at the pictures and a gentleman came up and started to talk to him about it. I thought that it was really nice because it made him feel really comfortable. Then, we looked at my friend's apartment and the library, and what he did see, he really liked. I liked it too. I think it would be a good place for him. We were looking at a studio apartment, which was small, but my husband does not require a lot of space. He thought it was the perfect size. The dining room was gorgeous. They have linen tablecloths, all three meals, and you get waited on. It's just a very comfortable place. They have entertainment sometimes in there during dinner; a man comes in and plays the guitar and the piano too. They have happy hour on Friday afternoons, they have a bar and live music, and everybody gets down and socializes for a few hours right before dinner.

cheryl19 December 21, 2013

Everyone at the facility greeted us when we visited. I feel that my Mom has added another family to her life. We visited 4 assisted living facilities and this one had the same amenities, but their customer service made them stand apart from the rest.

Stan4 October 22, 2013

Atria Chateau Gardens is okay. In terms of the people and so forth, I can't give you any details on that because while I was there, I didn't talk to anybody. It seemed to me to be an older facility that probably could use a facelift.

Thank you for your review and I'm very sorry that you didn't get a chance to speak with any of our residents during your visit. We take pride in providing services that exceed expectations and staff who truly care for those they serve. We appreciate your feedback and will discuss your review to see where we may make improvements to our community’s appearance. If we can answer any questions, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the Atria community name in your subject line. We hope to see you again soon!

Muriel2 September 26, 2013

The visit to Atria was favorable until we were leaving and there was a hassle over getting our car out. We had lunch there and I was not favorably impressed with the food, it was very heavy.

Thank you for your review and I apologize that there was some difficulty with our parking area. I encourage you to please contact us to let us know the details of what happened so that we can consider our parking options. I hope that you will please join us again for lunch as we have a great variety of meals to choose from. We certainly welcome resident and visitor feedback so that we can continually improve our offerings. If we can answer any questions or be of further assistance, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

fm August 27, 2012

My wife and I screened more than twenty and visited in person around ten assisted living providers in our area while screening facilities for my Mother. All the Atria facilities we visited were impressive, with excellent atmosphere and staff, top notch food and food service, and very clean well maintained facilities. Unlike our experience with other chains, the Atria sales teams were universally supportive and low pressure, and provided an abundance of helpful information and tips. Atria also offered the simplest pricing structure, where others pricing could be complicated to the point of absurdity, with individual staff interactions with the resident causing a ratcheting tally of add-on charges to their basic rate.We also talked to some of the residents and used that interaction as a major input into our rankings.In the end we visited three different Atria facilities with Mom and she picked the one she liked the best, Atria Chateau Gardens.Mom has moved in and is happy. Having restaurant-style dining and housekeeping services allow her to finally not have to cook and clean for the first time in many years, and she's very happy with the staff. We noted on our visits that all the staff always greet residents by name when they encountered them, and Mom has remarked how friendly everyone is as one of the reasons she enjoys the facility. Since her move-in we've had several phone and email interactions with the caregiver staff to help them answer Mom's questions (about her old house, etc.) and my wife and I remain very pleased. Knowing that Mom has a wide range of daily activities, great food, and a caring staff on hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week allows me to rest easier as well.

From Atria Chateau Gardens

At Atria Chateau Gardens, you'll find a vibrant senior living community set in a beautiful, historic atmosphere just a few blocks from downtown Willow Glen. Enjoy long walks through landscaped grounds graced with prize roses and English gardens. A complete social calendar and regularly scheduled cultural outings keep you active year-round.

Atria Chateau Gardens offers the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Cafe
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals