Sunrise of San Marino

8332 Huntington Drive, San Gabriel, CA, 91775

Reviews of Sunrise of San Marino

Kellie1 February 22, 2015

My dad was at Sunrise of San Marino, and he didn't care for it because it was more for memory impaired people. I didn't realize that, and it was very expensive too. But it was very nice, and people were very nice. My dad wasn't comfortable in that kind of situation, but from what I saw, it seemed like a very clean place. His room was small, and it had a shared bathroom. Everybody was nice, and everybody seemed really happy. He said the meat was not good, but the rest of the food was alright. I know they had two dogs there, and that was good.

Joana1 December 22, 2014

My mother-in-law is in Sunrise. The size is smaller, and it is better for her. The staff is great. They have wonderful activities, but my mother-in-law did not partake in them. It is near a few hospitals. It is near a lot of things, but she doesn't go out. It also near our house which is nice. It is wonderful, and everything is terrific.

jantonio November 26, 2014

Beware of this place. It looks great on the surface but once you move in... The pull cord for assistance/emergencies either doesn't work or nobody is monitoring it. My mother had to leave her brother to find someone to get help after waiting with him stuck in the bathroom for twenty minutes. They sent my Uncle to the Hospital after he fell and hit his head, which would be reasonable except he has dementia and was sent without anyone from the facility to tell the doctors what happened. The food service has deteriorated the head chef is there during the day and preps meals then nobody reheats them for dinner people are served cold food. Other residents are starting to look out for each other because they are not making it to meals so they have to get the staff to go look for them. Staff snaps at the people granted some of the people can be demanding, but isn't it your job to take care of them and if you did I bet the residents would be less upset and demanding. Beware of this place it looks great and they are real friendly but they don't follow through and are understaffed.

Thank you for your review. We take your concerns regarding understaffing and quality of care and service seriously, and would like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at Information@sunriseseniorliving.com so we can learn more and follow up with you. Thanks, Sunrise Team.

lucaspoof November 01, 2014

price is not cheap but the care they offer is sooo valuable!!! I think they truly care about the residents. The caregivers are so patient and understanding. They all are very experienced and seem to love their job. this is a very friendly place. The atmosphere is a positive ,friendly,caring unit. I have come in contact with a lot of the employees and have nothing but good to say about them. They have a person that comes in and cleans rooms once a week. They do a great job also. The food is not your typical "hospital " food. It looks good and appealing. Cannot say a bad thing about this place. So very glad I chose this as a place for a loved one. Highly recommended

Caring83535150 April 30, 2014

Sunrise was very nice. When I was there, I saw a bilingual activity going on, Spanish and English, that was impressive, and I thought that was nice. However, it was expensive, and it was farther away from where I lived. So, I don't think it would be convenient for me.

David79881850 March 29, 2014

Sunrise of San Marino is a community located in a fairly busy residential area, and it is a community that is very well-fitted to metropolitan people who do not mind being in an area that feels as though you are still in a city area. It is close and convenient. My wife really liked this community. It was just fairly busy, and there was sort of a metropolitan feel to it. Their outside area seemed a little small for the ability of what they had there. Parking was only underground, so there was not a lot of street parking around the area. When you walk in, they have a lovely area. There was a little small community area. The dining area was quite large. The rooms were nice too. The staff was very friendly, especially the person who was doing the tour. He was very friendly and was calling us back numerous times.

JanieG October 04, 2013

Sunrise is a great community hard working and loving staff, home like environment. Fell in love with charlie the dog that greets you everytime you walk in. They have a great patio area to relax and garden.

Jack Mark July 17, 2013

The staff here is always smiling, very kind, caring, and genuinely interested in the well being of their residents. It's like having an extended family care for your loved one. The management treats their employees well and the happiness of the staff really shows. Having an internal harmonious environment is very important to me, as I believe it reflects the level of happiness for the residents as well.

From Sunrise of San Marino

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. Sunrise at San Marino in San Gabriel, CA, will stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites, to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Sunrise at San Marino is built on a commitment to our residents and their families. We believe no two people are alike, so the services and attention we provide should never be exactly the same. That's also why we offer a variety of lifestyle, service and care options. By providing these choices, we not only offer solutions for today, but we provide the security of knowing that there are options for tomorrow.

With over thirty years of expertise in senior care, Surnise Senior Living delivers on our promises. Come see our beautiful boutique community, be greeted by our staff's smiling faces and fall in love with our dog, Charlie. We look forward to meeting you!

Features of Sunrise of San Marino

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We do offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 5 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: CA
  • State License(s): 198601662

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Sunrise of San Marino