AlmaVia of San Francisco

One Thomas More Way, San Francisco, CA, 94132

Reviews of AlmaVia of San Francisco

May 15, 2012

By maite1

The staff and environment was very pleasant. Friendly people and very clean common areas. But my grandmother's room was not kept in immaculate condition. Due to her obsession with cleanliness, she had to leave the center.

November 17, 2011

By SFHAPPYGAL

nICE PEOPLE...COURTEOUS STAFF. GOOD LOOKING SURROUNDINGS

July 28, 2011

By ProfessionalGCM21years

Alma Via offers assisted living and memory care. I know it well; I've visited it, referred clients there, and have had personal friends who have lived there. The setting is lovely. It's near St. Thomas More Church, and the neighborhood is pleasant--with lots of trees and a walking path. But it's in the fog belt, so there's not much sun. Bus transportation can be a problem, but there's easy access by car. Rooms vary is size from large to small. And the facility itself is new, modern, well kept. It's two stories and on the medium- to large size. The direct care staff is well trained, attentive to residents, skilled in elder issues. They really make an effort to get residents to make friends and socialize. And they're very responsive to residents' needs. They do a good job with memory care, too. They have two programs--one geared more to early stage and a more structured program for later stage. The food is very good--and I'm a harsh food critic. Lots of fresh ingredients, good menu choices, and responsive to diet issues. I'd give it a B+. They also have a wonderful calendar of social events and activities: Bridge groups, current events discussions, music, outings to events like a day at the museum. It's a Catholic community, so there's lots of interaction with the church, as well.

July 22, 2011

By Jack Alexander

This facility is right next to a church. The neighborhood isn't great "“ it's not too close to shopping. It's in a more private neighborhood and a bit isolated. The grounds of the facility are very nice. It's a very beautiful place inside. They have patios and walking paths outside. They have assisted living and memory care, and the memory care area is a little more claustrophobic. There is very little room for someone in a memory care unit to walk and it's too bad. The living room and dining room are very large and beautiful. I only saw the memory care rooms and I thought they were small. I didn't see the assisted living rooms. The food there is very good and nutritious. The presentation is attractive and nice. The staff seems really nice, but I didn't have that much interaction with them. They seem to be nice and professional though. There are lots of activities at this facility. I didn't look closely, but there was a whole board of planned activities.

Services & Amenities of AlmaVia of San Francisco

• Minimum Memory Cost: $6995/month

• Housing Extra: Studio Alcoves

• Nurse On Staff: During Business Hours
  • Pharma

About AlmaVia of San Francisco

Nestled in a quiet neighborhood near Lake Merced, AlmaVia of San Francisco provides high-quality comprehensive assisted living and memory care for Bay Area seniors.

With a church and school next door, residents can take part in intergenerational activities.

As at all our communities, our services are grounded in our belief in nurturing the body, mind and spirit of our residents through a holistic approach to wellness.

Senior Living Services

Assisted Living

Our assisted living community is secure and welcoming. The services we offer allow seniors to maintain as much independence as possible while providing assistance with everyday activities. Services are personalized to meet each individual’s needs.

Memory Care

We believe in celebrating the dignity and individuality of each of our residents. Our innovative memory care program, based on the I’m Still Here™ philosophy, is designed to enrich the lives of seniors with dementia and Alzheimer’s. We strive to engage residents with meaningful activities, while providing 24-hour quality care services.

AlmaVia Amenities

Our restaurant-style and private dining rooms offer a variety of nutritious options.

A computer lab and expansive library provide both education and entertainment.

Residents can explore and enjoy our lovely grounds on the walking paths. The tearoom, cozy living room and gathering room are ideal spaces for visits and socializing.

Residents of all faiths are welcome to use our small chapel. Our full-time spiritual care staff provide spiritual care programming and services for all of our residents, no matter ones' beliefs.

Map of AlmaVia of San Francisco