Brookdale San Dimas

1740 San Dimas Ave., San Dimas, CA, 91773

Reviews of Brookdale San Dimas

Willing November 08, 2015

Brookdale was very open and very nice inside and outside. The place where my father-in-law would be staying was not up to par. He would be in the memory care center, and we want the best for him. The staff was great; there weren't any problems there.

Jennifer113355750 September 30, 2015

Brookdale San Dimas was very clean and comfortable. The people seemed pretty happy. I liked the movie area. They had to share a room, but overall, the place was very nice. I thought it was a really great place. Honestly, it was a place that I would live in. I would feel very comfortable if my aunt would be in there, because I knew they would be able to assist her in everything that she needed done for her.

Evon1 September 16, 2015

I visited Brookdale San Dimas. The facility is nice and clean with friendly service. The staff was courteous and helpful. With their activities, they have plenty of them. They were doing exercises on their chairs or something like that.

C1 June 11, 2015

Brookdale San Dimas looked like a nice facility, and it looked like it had more options where you could go from memory care to skilled nursing. It was large enough that you could go from one thing to another without having to totally start all over again in terms of looking for care for an elderly person. The staff was accommodating and nice. The rooms were nice. The food looked nice, and the dining set-up was nice.

However, they could improve on the parking. It was the biggest place, and they had the largest parking, but had the least availability. I parked at one spot that said "Resident" which was the only spot. I went in and asked the front lady if I was allowed to park there because I would be doing a quick tour and the lady told that I was not. So, I went back in my car drove all around the facility and found absolutely no parking. I came back and parked on that spot and met with gentleman that was going to give me the tour, and I said, "I can either park here and do this tour or I can go if you want, but there's nowhere else to park." You couldn't park on the outside street because it was like a boulevard. They said they were working on it, but I didn't know whether they were working on it meant that something was going to happen in the next year or so, but that's definitely a big problem for them because you wouldn't want to get off out into the collar when you just trying to go visit your loved one. Everything else was awesome; they just had to work on their parking.

The safety seemed very good. They had push keypads on the doors for memory care that would let you in on that part of the facility. So, for those residents that wander, they would not escape during a busy time.

Caring101603050 March 27, 2015

My dad was in Brookdale in San Dimas. This place is nice as well and rather large. In San Dimas, I never saw anybody sit out in the patio area. I very rarely saw anybody. To me the patio area -- even though it is very lovely -- really isn't being occupied. It is quite nice, but not as lovely as the other place. It was also very accommodating, and the staff was very good. The care was very good there. I wouldn't say a five, but the care there is probably a four. I would recommend it. My dad had a quite lovely one-bedroom apartment there, and it was very nice. The food was quite good there too. As for activities, they were nice and pretty good.

Caring97185550 October 31, 2014

I was able to visit Emeritus at San Dimas. It's an updated facility and very nice. The staff was congenial -- very friendly. The people were happy, laughing, and really having a good time. The rooms were very nice and very clean. They have a lot of activities for them, and they also have a van that would take them were they wanted to go like doctor's appointments, on tour, and other different things that they wanted to do.

Caring93357450 August 15, 2014

Emeritus at San Dimas was very nice. It is a much smaller facility. This place could be a better situation for people who are less mobile. Wonderful things were available there. The one drawback about this place was that any services after you are no longer independent living were individually priced, so things become more expensive depending on how much you need. Nevertheless, the place was very cozy and very friendly. They have wraparound services for independent to whatever else; it is all there. I would certainly recommend this place but it depends on individual preferences.

Caring87991150 June 27, 2014

My mom has been at Emeritus at San Dimas for a week now, and it seems very nice. She seems to be fairly happy at the moment. Right now it seems very good, but we will see how things go. The facility is clean and they have very clean grounds. Everyone seems to be very nice. I haven't been able to eat there, but Mom said its fine. They have all kinds of activities, and she has participated in bingo once. Parking could be much better, because, going in as a visitor, depending on when you go, it can be completely full and there is nowhere to park. The location is very nice and easy accessible. It's close to lots of amenities.

Leanna1 May 31, 2014

We visited Emeritus at San Dimas when we looked for a facility for my parents. The place was very clean and very pretty, but it was more expensive than the facility we chose. They had assisted living as well as memory care, since my parents would need each of those. They had eight levels of care, but they did not tell you what the residents would be getting at each level. They said it was for how many hours they spent with them for the things they did. Their levels were very vague, and I wanted to know what my parents would be getting with the price to be paid.

John80097950 March 27, 2014

Emeritus at San Dimas was very nice, very clean, and very well run. It was the nicest of all the places that I visited. I liked the staff. They were friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable. There were very nice rooms. The dining room was pretty top-notch. The food was very good. However, we probably couldn't afford that place.

Caring72499850 October 22, 2013

Both my parents are at Emeritus at this time. They have a skilled nursing home along with a memory care center as well as a resident's area on the premises. The food is bland which is the way it's supposed to be but it is acceptable. The staff is great and wonderful. They have chair exercises every morning and they have a walking club so they walk around the premises. They have arts and craft and they have ice cream social. They have movie night, they play dominoes and cards and they take various trips. They've had several outings including to the local restaurants and shopping so they keep the residents pretty busy. I feel that my parents are in a very safe place and are being taken care of by very kind people.

Caring4309 April 24, 2013

I visited Emeritus and it was nice. It was clean and decent. The food was good. But the people were too upscale for me. The price was also too expensive for me.

Jeanette5 March 29, 2013

Emeritus was clean and sterile. The staff were good-natured and they sympathized with the residents. Even though my mother was in a wheelchair, they made sure she joined in the activities. As a result, my mom became more socially active. She was in a shared room with a living room and bathroom. The food was delicious most of the time

Sandy10 February 28, 2013

I'm happy with Emeritus and what they have to offer and where it's located. I'm satisfied with all the care. My mom is not ambulatory. They're good, they provide services like laundry and cleaning. However, they could improve on their response, especially when it's really necessary. She's been there since December.

aewing08 September 18, 2012

Emeritus Senior Living was a very nice facility. Immediately I was greeted by the staff with a smile. I was given an information packet that I could look over with my grandmother. The packet gave helpful information, containing weekly schedules and activities for seniors. The one negative aspect of this facility was the pricing. I knew this would be an issue however, as this was a nicer facility. The staff was very helpful and offered to give us a tour of the facility. They took us to the rooms of the facility, which looked very comforting and relaxing. The environment of the entire facility and staff was laid back and none of the employees seemed to dislike their jobs. The staff also explained that they would do whatever it takes to make their guests feel welcomed and happy. A promise by the staff is that all medical needs would be met. The staff explained that any feedback and comments were welcomed as they were always trying to improve themselves.

Poppy123 August 30, 2012

I visit Emeritus at least one a week and enjoy going there to see my grandmother. All the employees are very friendly, openly happy to help me or my grandmother out when needed. When they say "our family is committed to yours," they really mean it. It's their promise that they take seriously, living up to it everyday. I appreciate this aspect of their moral integrity and honestly and it's why my grandmother chose to relocate there. The facilities and services are modest, nothing really extraordinary or out of the ordinarily, but completely fine. TVs and various physical attributes, like the decor and setup, could be updated or renewed, feeling a bit too 90's-ish. The food lacks the luster of what could be quality dinning hall food, something that my grandmother herself acknowledges and wishes it was better. My grandmother's room is quant and cozy, but at bit small and at times tends to get really hot. They need to get better air conditioners or find a way to better ventilate the room as it gets stuffy quickly. The grounds are beautiful, the landscaping gorgeous and architecture pleasant. My grandmother loves walking around in the morning.

bella1989 July 30, 2012

I thought the facility was very appealing. It was close to our home, which was a big selling point. The staff on hand seemed very knowledgeable and was incredibly kind when giving us information. I thought it was great that each resident had their own suite-style room and their own bathrooms. It was clean and organized. They had great activities to keep residents busy, which was great also. The food service was actually impressive and the food itself looked delicious. They provided laundry service for all the residents which was a relief in wondering how my great grandmother would be able to handle it on her own. They gave me and my family confidence that she would be well taken care of and reassured us that she would always be in great hands and well cared for. It is so difficult imagining having my great grandmother move out, but I think living in a place like Emeritus would be ideal and overall safer for her.

Caring391030 July 31, 2011

I visited a friend's family member there and the facilities seemed very nice. There is apparently free transportation to all residents and their appeared to be an extensive variety of social and recreational activities schedules throughout the week. I am under the impression that it is not easy for residents of Emeritus to get bored or very lonely because according to the resident I met, there is always something to do. Also, she said that she is very happy with the services offered. For example, they can have someone administer medications to them on a timely manner so they take the right dosage and do not forget to take medication when they are supposed to.

Ada53 July 08, 2011

My experience with Emeritus at San Dimas has been excellent. My grandmother has lived there for the past five years, and she is very happy. At first, she was reluctant to leave her home after living there for 35 years. After meeting the wonderful staff, eating in the dining room, and participating in the many activities coordinated by Emeritus, she became satisfied with her decision to move in. The administration is very accommodating to requests by family members, and they really individualize care, and take requests or complaints seriously. This is a quality living place for the elderly where they can make friends and truly feel like part of their community.

Granddaughter12 May 30, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My Grandmother lived here for almost 6 years before passing away a little over a year ago. The staff was friendly and caring. My grandmother liked living there and felt comfortable, she liked the staff and facilities, though it was nothing compared to her own home. She didn't like the food all that much because she was always the family cook, but at times they would let her bake in the kitchen and we never left her alone without a visit for over a week. They provided activities often but she mostly stuck to her routine and if she didn't want to be bothered, they would give her privacy. All in all, it was a great facility.

From Brookdale San Dimas

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale San Dimas