Atria Rancho Park

801 Cypress Way, San Dimas, CA, 91773

Reviews of Atria Rancho Park

Martha117692550 December 26, 2015

Everything at Atria Rancho Park was very impressive -- the staff, the rooms, the view. You could see the mountains. Everything was really nice. They take good care of the people. The food was excellent. I was very impressed; that’s why we chose this facility. The only drawback is you have to pay the community fee upfront; (it is) nonrefundable. My brother only stayed there for seven weeks, so it’s $2,500 down the drain. I wish they have a scheme that if the resident stayed for less than three months, a certain portion of the deposit can be refunded. But I guess every place has the same rule, so that’s fine.

Bonnie M. December 22, 2015

Atria Rancho Park is a very well-run place. Their living quarters are very nice, as well as the dining room. Their employees are very helpful.

Anonymous104745550 November 30, 2015

I didn’t like Atria Rancho at all. I wouldn’t recommend it to anybody. You pay a certain price for the care, and I don’t think it is not what you pay for. When they give your medications, it’s terrible. That was my biggest concern. Too many people, but they don’t know what medications to give. They have many excuses.

My mom had Parkinson’s disease and they were supposed to pick her up for breakfast lunch and dinner. Sometimes nobody went up there to get her. It was disaster. They took her up from lunch to her room when she passed out and had a broken hip.

However, the rooms were nice, and the food was great. The place was really great. A lot of people were really nice, and the staff is fine. I talked to two different people. A lady came to my house, assessed my home and how much it’s going to cost to get here. When I gave the lady the money, she told me that I needed a doctor to assess my mother.

I already paid the rent and it took two weeks for that doctor to assess the report. I lost two weeks of rent, because we couldn’t put her in there without it. None of them told me in the beginning about this one.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We strive to exceed your expectations and want to do anything we can to ensure the highest comfort and services for our residents. Please know that I have shared this with our leadership team and welcome you to reach us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com to discuss further.

Caring89295550 September 15, 2015

The staff is super friendly and helpful at Atria Rancho Park, and the residents are very friendly. The dining room is excellent. The food is good; they have a nice variation. The rooms are kind of dated and on the small side, but they’re adequate. My mom has a nice view facing the north, so she’s happy with that. They’re very accommodating with pets in general especially her cat.

They do have a van that takes them out to do shopping on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. They have a van that takes them to local doctor appointments. On Sundays, they have a van that goes out just for a drive. In-house, they have little crafts activities, a choir group, a church service, and some other little things.

Anonymous107008950 May 28, 2015

Atria Rancho Park was more modern. They had good staff. The rooms were cozy. The dining room and kitchen looked clean and neat.

Caring105117250 May 07, 2015

Atria Rancho Park is very nice because of its atmosphere. It is very clean and very structured. They were very helpful too. The rooms were very big, and they were very clear with a lot of stuff. The only reason why I didn't put my uncle in that place was because they are very expensive. This would have been my first choice if they weren't so expensive. I went through everything, and it was very nice. I saw the dining room, and it was very spacious and very nice.

Gerald7 October 06, 2014

I am in Atria Rancho Park. The thing that I really like about them is that they treat me like family. Everybody that works here knows me by my name, including the dishwasher. They are very welcoming and helpful. We have this button thing and when you punch them, they are there within five minutes or so. The apartment is nice. It has a walk-in closet, a living area, a bathroom, a bedroom, and a backyard. I eat all my meals here, and the food is fabulous. We have card games and all kinds of word games. We have people coming. They have a very good service that takes you to church on Sunday, and the place is very secure.

Curtis7 September 08, 2014

Atria was really nice. It was more modern and up-to-date place but it was too expensive for us. It was in a very nice location. It had some trees and it was next to a park. There was a creek that ran behind it and it was pretty. There were some deer and stuff like that. The staff I interacted with was friendly, helpful and polite.

Denise19 May 23, 2014

We chose Atria Rancho Park for my brother. It's a big facility, and it had more range of younger people; that is why we chose this for him. The size of the facility seemed to have more things to offer for my brother. The food is very good. I have eaten there a couple of times myself, and the waitresses are very accommodating. The rooms were clean, and then the staff that comes in to clean are very good. It would be nice if they would have more personal transportation for my brother if he needed to go some places.

Doris7 June 26, 2013

Atria at Rancho Park is clean and it smells nice. Everyone is so friendly. The patients are moving around, talking to each other and playing games. The people are dressed well and my sister in law is happy there.

User20121 September 18, 2012

I have mixed feelings about assisted living facilities and nursing homes. On one side their very nature seems very depressing. Only sick or terminally ill people seem to live there. On the other side, it is very important to have a safe place for people to be when there is no one else who can take of them. Atria seems to fit along those lines. While visiting my grandfather you'd pass elderly folks, seemingly lost and lonely in the hallways. Speaking of hallways, they are very long there...people take breaks walking to their room since they are so far away. Also I was concerned about emergencies there. Many rooms are not on ground level- how is someone in a wheelchair or scooter supposed to evacuate the building when there are only X amount of workers? My grandfather would jokingly say everyone will just roll down the stairs. They don't seem to place you according to your mobility. Another issue I have with the Atria is the service they provide getting residents to doctors visits etc. There is a bus service but it is difficult to coordinate appointments with when the bus is running. Many times my grandfather would have an appointment scheduled around the bus schedule but the bus would be late and he would have to reschedule days, if not for weeks later. Staff seems very friendly, many forming nice relationships with the residents there. Lots of room for improvement, but not the worse place.

From Atria Rancho Park

At Atria Rancho Park, you''ll find a peaceful, warm environment with beautiful landscaping and towering trees. Enjoy an afternoon stroll through the five acres of property that offer breathtaking views of the San Gabriel Mountains. Relax in our extensive library and quaint chapel, or challenge a friend to a game of pool in the billiards room.

Atria Rancho Park provides the following services:

• 24-hour availability of a trained staff
  • A choice of apartments
  • A full-time director for events and activities
  • An emergency call system in every apartment
  • Anytime Café with complimentary snacks and beverages
  • Assistance with activities of daily living
  • Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
  • Medication assistance