Wesley Palms

2404 Loring St, San Diego, CA, 92109

Reviews of Wesley Palms

Caring7317 November 15, 2014

I like the Summer House at Wesley Palms. I thought it was very beautiful. The rooms were well laid out. I like the fact that they had most of the things built in so that you did not have to buy extra furniture. I like the outdoor places where they could walk. There were trees and flowers. There were places where they could sit if they wanted. The thing I didn't like about this facility was the rooms; all of these were sort of like little cottages, and they all just came right out into the fresh air, so I thought, "Where do they go when it's cold or raining?" I didn't like the way there was no place inside where they could walk. They have a lot of activities though.

Caring92142450 November 03, 2014

Someone referred my sister to Wesley Palms, and she had been there so this is like a second visit for her. She wanted me to check it out with her and see what I thought. Everyone was very courteous, knowledgeable, and very helpful. What we were interested in I believe they called them cottages. I think they have like a 4-story building that’s got apartments in it; those tended to look rather small for what we were looking at, but they have cottages that are individual. You have your own individual little building scattered throughout a very pretty campus, and these cottages were very spacious.

The food was excellent and my sister had eaten there twice and she said both times the food was really good, and I thought it was good the time I was there. They have two separate areas in the dining room; one is a little bit more fine dining, and over around on the inside it looks more like maybe a little bit of a cafeteria look to it; both places were very nice. They have a very nice fitness center; it was small but it did have adequate things in it. They had a pool and some activities like a water rope. They do have vans that took you to doctors, took to you places, musicals, and shopping. They were very accommodating. The separate little cottages was a really nice atmosphere; it made it feel more like home, and that really impressed me.

Caring75514550 March 29, 2014

The Wesley Palms had very lovely grounds and a nice walking area. It was a huge property, and from a lot of the places, you could see the ocean, and it was beautiful. But the rooms are the drawback. A lot of their rooms are outdated and need some work, so my mother was not interested. The staff was delightful. They have some of the nicest people there.

Caring77867150 February 28, 2014

My father-in-law has been at Summer House at Wesley Palms for two months now. Since he moved in, he's doing much better. The staff is great and the food is great as well. One of the things my husband and I truly like about this is that it's a memory care facility. They have 22 studio cottages in a circle and they're all enclosed, so residents can't wander away. They each get their own little cottage and they can walk out their front door and sit in the sun or take a little stroll around the grounds which is really important for us. You don't get that at any other places.

darylmarksnelkin September 16, 2012

My father, a mere 93 years young, is a loving and well cared for resident of Wesley Palms. Planning ahead he visited nearby next step housing for himself. Dad was a surgeon in a small mid-western town, retired to California. Living an active lifestyle and continued to work up to a few years ago. We tried a live in couple, that did not workout. My father on his own made the decision it was time to move. My bother and his wife decorated his new apartment with select furniture from home and a new high bed. Pictures of family, painting, his desk, part of the sectional.... all was in place before Dad came in. I visited recently for his birthday and was welcomed by staff and residents as Doc's daughter with open arms. I know my father is living the rest of his life well cared for with a quality of life that we had hoped for our parents. Wesley Palms has a superior staff that compassionate and caring. They know all residents by name, residents wear name badges. The facility is immaculate, pristine, 5 stars dining, many living options from cottages to efficiency rooms. Not to mention hotel rooms for family members. Exercise classes, cultural activities, beautiful grounds..... Wesley Palms is just plain wonderful.

PeteinLA August 28, 2012

Several months ago, my mother sold her house & became a resident at Wesley Palms, in San Diego. I have since visited her there a few times (it's a 2 1/2-hour drive for me). She says that she likes it there. The grounds are very nice; she has her own bungalow on the grounds. They also have a good variety of activities and a nice cafeteria with good quality food. She socializes with some of the other residents there. She also feels that the overall caliber of staff there is excellent. In her case, although she is eighty-three, she is in relatively good health, so she is able to maintain a good balance of autonomy and independence, while having the extra comforts and assistance that the facility provides. Wesley Palms also has rooms in their main building for other residents who require a higher level of assistance, although they are not set up to accommodate seniors with more serious, ongoing medical needs.

Pete Pearlman April 14, 2012

I visited there, with my mother, before she moved in, saw the grounds, which are very nice, and had dinner there. Subsequently, I helped my mother move there and have visited her after she was settled in. We both feel that the staff is very helpful and friendly. The dining area and food quality are also very good. There are activities of varied types, including lectures, games, classes, and films. In the few months she has been there, my mother has made some friends, although she doesn't interact with most of the residents because there are more than one hundred of them, in varying states of mental alertness. My mother is relatively (no pun intended) alert and active for her age, which is 85. Geography prevents me from visiting her more often, as I live in Los Angeles. When she was evaluating various places to move to after selling her house, she ultimately felt very satisfied with the choice she made. She has a one-room cottage to herself, amid very well-landscaped grounds, with many shade trees, birds, and such. The kitchen in her cottage is small, but all her meals are provided in the common dining room, which is staffed with very friendly and competent waiters and waitresses.

About Wesley Palms

Wesley Palms is an assisted living facility in San Diego, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Wesley Palms for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Wesley Palms