Wesley Palms

Reviews of Wesley Palms

Overview of Ratings

4.7

February 28, 2014

My father-in-law has been at Summer House at Wesley Palms for two months now. Since he moved in, he's doing much better. The staff is great and the food is great as well. One of the things my husband and I truly like about this is that it's a memory care facility. They have 22 studio cottages in a circle and they're all enclosed, so residents can't wander away. They each get their own little cottage and they can walk out their front door and sit in the sun or take a little stroll around the grounds which is really important for us. You don't get that at any other places.

September 16, 2012

By darylmarksnelkin

My father, a mere 93 years young, is a loving and well cared for resident of Wesley Palms. Planning ahead he visited nearby next step housing for himself. Dad was a surgeon in a small mid-western town, retired to California. Living an active lifestyle and continued to work up to a few years ago. We tried a live in couple, that did not workout. My father on his own made the decision it was time to move. My bother and his wife decorated his new apartment with select furniture from home and a new high bed. Pictures of family, painting, his desk, part of the sectional.... all was in place before Dad came in. I visited recently for his birthday and was welcomed by staff and residents as Doc's daughter with open arms. I know my father is living the rest of his life well cared for with a quality of life that we had hoped for our parents. Wesley Palms has a superior staff that compassionate and caring. They know all residents by name, residents wear name badges. The facility is immaculate, pristine, 5 stars dining, many living options from cottages to efficiency rooms. Not to mention hotel rooms for family members. Exercise classes, cultural activities, beautiful grounds..... Wesley Palms is just plain wonderful.

August 28, 2012

By PeteinLA

Several months ago, my mother sold her house & became a resident at Wesley Palms, in San Diego. I have since visited her there a few times (it's a 2 1/2-hour drive for me). She says that she likes it there. The grounds are very nice; she has her own bungalow on the grounds. They also have a good variety of activities and a nice cafeteria with good quality food. She socializes with some of the other residents there. She also feels that the overall caliber of staff there is excellent. In her case, although she is eighty-three, she is in relatively good health, so she is able to maintain a good balance of autonomy and independence, while having the extra comforts and assistance that the facility provides. Wesley Palms also has rooms in their main building for other residents who require a higher level of assistance, although they are not set up to accommodate seniors with more serious, ongoing medical needs.

April 14, 2012

By Pete Pearlman

I visited there, with my mother, before she moved in, saw the grounds, which are very nice, and had dinner there. Subsequently, I helped my mother move there and have visited her after she was settled in. We both feel that the staff is very helpful and friendly. The dining area and food quality are also very good. There are activities of varied types, including lectures, games, classes, and films. In the few months she has been there, my mother has made some friends, although she doesn't interact with most of the residents because there are more than one hundred of them, in varying states of mental alertness. My mother is relatively (no pun intended) alert and active for her age, which is 85. Geography prevents me from visiting her more often, as I live in Los Angeles. When she was evaluating various places to move to after selling her house, she ultimately felt very satisfied with the choice she made. She has a one-room cottage to herself, amid very well-landscaped grounds, with many shade trees, birds, and such. The kitchen in her cottage is small, but all her meals are provided in the common dining room, which is staffed with very friendly and competent waiters and waitresses.

Features of Wesley Palms

About Wesley Palms

Wesley Palms is an assisted living facility in San Diego, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Wesley Palms for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Wesley Palms