The Arbors at Rancho Penasquitos

12979 Rancho Penasquitos Blvd, San Diego, CA, 92129

Reviews of The Arbors at Rancho Penasquitos

Connie Torrez January 29, 2016

Everyone is really kind and caring. Staff is always willing to help if needed. Housekeeping keeps the building very clean. It's just like home when here.

Marie C. January 29, 2016

I am a nurse practitioner with hospice and we visit our patients at least every 2 months in the facility. I find the staff very caring, helpful and always ready to answer questions regarding my patients. My patients are well cared for and it's always a pleasure to come to this facility.

Linda O December 30, 2015

I was pleasantly surprised. My prior experience with care facilities for the elderly was that larger meant less attention. The Arbors was very attentive and knew my friend very well though he'd only been there a short time. When I arrived to visit it was very comfortable and inviting. My friend was pleased with the attendants assigned to him and the food was 90% good (which is remarkable). He was able to return home after about 6 weeks, but, when needed, he'd gladly choose The Arbors again.

Anonymous116651850 November 30, 2015

The Arbors looks clean. The patients appeared to be very happy and had good things to say about it. People we talk to are knowledgeable. They had a model we could look at. Then they had the exact room that my dad would move into if he was determined to go that direction. It was very nice.

Anonymous Daughter-In-Law1 November 10, 2015

The Arbors was very nice. It was just finishing up remodeling, but it was nice with a garden area. The staff was very professional, very friendly, and helpful. They showed me the rooms, which were very nice and spacious for one person.

Daniel22 October 30, 2015

The Arbors at Rancho Penasquitos was second best. They were completing remodeling when I visited. I was very impressed with the facility's furniture. I really liked it, but their parking lot was a little bit difficult. It's built into a hillside. You could drop off and pick up people right at the door, but when you park above and if somebody was older, it was difficult to be able to walk up and down the hill to your car. It's about a 10-mile drive each way from my parents' home. They had a salesperson meet me and show me around and it was a good tour.

Anonymous104159350 October 28, 2015

The Arbors at Rancho Penasquitos was small, and of the few places that we looked at, that was not a place I would put my mom in. It was under construction at that time. I just didn't get a good feeling about it, and it was very expensive compared to the other places. However, everybody was very nice, very kind, and answered all of our questions. They called me several times to follow up. If someone's looking for a small facility, that would be the place. It was just a little bit cramped. The room they did show us was really nice, but for the price, it wasn't reflective of what they offered. We didn't eat with them, but they did send us home with a dessert, which was delicious, that was made by the chef. They did have lots of activities, like crafts, and they showed us a little room where they do perform classes. They had a shuttle service that takes them shopping and to the casino. They also had memory care in the basement area.

Armando C. July 31, 2015

I chose The Arbors because it was closest to my place; it was only 3 miles away. I have found out that they are entirely internal. There’s no walking outside for our patients. My wife is still young and mobile. She was able to escape, and they got her out of the parking lot which was disappointing to me. They’ve called and said they cannot handle her, so I don’t think they are geared for memory care. She’s in a private room; the room and the dining area are adequate. The staff is all Filipinos; they’re very friendly and seemed to be OK, but I’m not impressed with the place.

Sue108987750 June 13, 2015

The woman who showed me around The Arbors was very nice and very knowledgeable. The place was under construction, so it was a little difficult to get a feel for it, but I think it was more geared towards memory care, and that is not exactly what I needed -- sort of a combination of independent and assisted but not necessarily memory care. They did have activities, but it really wasn't the facility that we felt we needed.

Caring106469950 June 01, 2015

The Arbors was undergoing renovation. It would have been the best as my mom would be 1 mile away, and it was cheaper. I really like Arbors.

Caring95681050 November 29, 2014

The staff at the Arbors was very professional, accommodating, and welcoming. The rooms were too small though with small closets. I can recommend this place to others.

Rob4 July 29, 2014

-Full service -Meal -Pharma -Fitness -Care

Sue28 October 21, 2013

We chose Arbors Assisted Living because it was clean, the people were friendly and it was close to my home. The staff were friendly and helpful even to me. The rooms were spacious. I would recommend this facility to other people.

ABKID May 16, 2012

This facility is well kept and the staff are very friendly. My dad's room came standard with a large flat screen TV and a personal bathroom. The room was large but felt very homey and comfortable. The nurses were nice and gave updates on my dad regularly via text when we were not around to see him. The dining room was good and many of their meals included large portions.My dad loved the mashed potatoes and the New England clam chowder soup which were on the menu daily. The facility is fairly new and the landscaping and amenities are kept looking fresh and clean. The only negative was that my dad had a hard time using the restroom because of his back and the facility was not exactly equipped for someone in his condition. No matter, as he was only there for about a week before he came home. Overall if you are looking for a great place to send family members in need this is one of the best places in San Diego in my opinion.

commercesd March 23, 2012

The Arbors At Rancho Penasquitos assisted living facility looked really well-kept from the outside as we drove up. We decided to check it out as an option for our aunt. The main foyer had a lovely receiving area, reminiscent of a nice motel.

The communal areas all had interesting activities occurring, from reading to games and resident interactions. It was clear that the residents enjoy living here.

The living suites were all beautifully decorated. We could see that our aunt would be comfortable in any one of them. They were all a nice size and did not seem cramped.

Each unit had individually controlled temperatures. The patio areas looked like great places to host parties and gatherings.

The food choices looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks - offered continually. The dining areas have many options. From more intimate to communal dining, residents can choose the foods they enjoy.

Outings and events scheduled include anything imaginable - from restaurants, to art museums and the library, which our aunt particularly enjoys.

They also attend local films and crafts events and enjoy fine dining and theater. Friends and family are encouraged to attend monthly birthday parties for residents at the facility.

In all, this is a very nicely maintained facility. All of the seniors needs appear to be met easily and efficiently, with very attentive staff.

From The Arbors at Rancho Penasquitos

The Arbors is conveniently located off the 15 and 56 freeways in Rancho Penasquitos. With this central location, The Arbors is only minutes from the cities of Poway and Del Mar as well as the San Diego communities of Sabre Springs, Scripps Ranch, Rancho Bernardo and Rancho Santa Fe. The Arbors offers assisted living as well as specially designed and dedicated memory care accommodations. The 58-apartment assisted living community offers distinctive studio floor plans each with kitchenette and private bathroom. Our Generations Memory Care accommodations include 31 studio apartments and are uniquely suited for seniors with Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia. We encourage you to bring your own furnishings and decorations to make your apartment your own. Our large living room, activities room, courtyards, and other common areas provide attractive settings for socializing with family and friends. The Arbors assisted living community in San Diego, CA is dedicated to providing you or your loved one with the best care and accommodations available.

We have 60 staff memebers and 35 of us have been here 5+ years. We have 7 caregivers who have been here between 9 and 14 yrs. Our chef has been here 12 years. We also have a men's group.

Features of The Arbors at Rancho Penasquitos

• General store
  • 24-hour security gate

• Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,995/month

• Staff patient ratio: 6 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65

• Licenses: Ca. RCFE
  • State License(s): 374603560

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of The Arbors at Rancho Penasquitos