Nazareth House | San Diego, CA

6333 RANCHO MISSION ROAD, San Diego, CA, 92108

Reviews of Nazareth House | San Diego, CA

Caring82131750 March 31, 2014

We choose Nazareth House for my mom mostly because we feel comfortable with the staff. They seem to be caring. We talked to a number of people who know them or have friends or relatives there, and we got nice feedback. Mom is in the care unit, which is the highest care that they provide. The rooms are modest but sufficient for what she needs. She's in the apartment for the more assisted living area, and they are quite nice. They all open up to a nice garden area. I think the food is generally good. However, her food is ground up because she's having trouble swallowing it. They have an activities director, and it seems like they have something going on pretty much two to three hours every morning and then again in the afternoon. They have chair exercises, sing-a-longs, and therapy. I think little bit of orientation for the family on what makes it easy for them and for us will be helpful because for me, it takes a long time to figure out how everything works.

caring1442 September 25, 2013

Nazareth House is a facility that is run by a Catholic religious congregation. It sits on a hill which makes the community very pretty. The only big drawback for me is that they don't have transportation service available. Nevertheless, the place is very lovely and the grounds are gorgeous. I absolutely recommend this place to others.

034 October 30, 2012

My mother enjoyed living at Nazareth House. She liked being able to walk to the chapel and enjoyed the social activities, especially the writing group. She never complained about the food although she said that other residents did, and when I had Thanksgiving dinner with her there I did not think it was very good. The staff at Nazareth House was always friendly and helpful but there were a few problems. When my mother was put in the hospital I was not called (they did not have my current phone number which was my fault). What was disconcerting was that day when I went to visit my mom it took a long time for me to find out where she was. One staff member said check the chapel, another said maybe she had gone out for the day but I saw she had not signed out, then some residents told me she had been taken to the hospital. I finally found a nurse that let me know which hospital. It seemed like there could have been better communication among the staff. When my mom died I was told to take my time emptying her room because it was the beginning of the month and she had already paid for the full month. I spent some time on the day she died in her room, mostly in shock, sorting through her belongings. The next day when I went back the furniture had already been removed from her room and the items I was sorting had been dropped on the floor. It would have been nice if they had waited a while since I was told to take my time, I wasn't expecting things to be removed within a few hours.

Dpep August 13, 2011

My grandma just moved into the Nazareth two months ago. She loves it! She raves about the food, the landscaping, and the staff. I would highly recommend Nazareth house.

About Nazareth House

Nazareth House is an assisted living facility in San Diego, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Nazareth House for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Nazareth House