The Inn at Los Patios

8700 Post Oak Lane, San Antonio, TX, 78217

Reviews of The Inn at Los Patios

Shirley115433650 October 31, 2015

The Inn at Los Patios is close to our daughter's house, and they wanted us to be close to them. They do have activities there. We have a two-bedroom apartment with a patio, and there's a closet on the patio. They got happy hour, movies, games, and cards. The food is OK. I like best that you can sit out on your patio looking out to the woods and surrounded by trees. We go to the front office when we need a staff, and they do have call lights in the apartments if you need help.

Everette2 September 30, 2015

We visited The Inn at Los Patios. It was good, but it seemed like they were a little expensive for what we're getting, so I ruled them out. The apartments were satisfactory, and the staff was nice, but it was an older facility, so that was kind of a little bit down for them too. Overall, they were OK.

Rebecca27 October 17, 2014

I was very impressed with Los Patios, and it is close to my mother. Everybody was very nice, very family-oriented, and clean. Everybody that lived there seemed to be happy and seemed to like living there. Barbara -- the woman that runs it -- called me several times and invited us for lunch. They have exercise and swimming, serve three meals a day, and they had a bus that takes them to the grocery stores, shopping, have some lunch once a week, and there is a beauty shop and a post office.

Helen48 September 10, 2014

The main reason why I chose Inn at Los Patios was the quality of the food. I looked at several institutions, and this was one of the better ones. The staff is quite friendly. Everybody I met with, the staff, I am really impressed with. They are quite helpful. They are always optimistic, happy, and jolly. The second reason why I chose this facility is because it is located on 2 acres of land, and it has trees with paths for walking through them and a lot of birds and squirrels. It has a lot of nature that the residents can enjoy. I would absolutely recommend this facility.

David86404750 June 17, 2014

The Inn at Los Patios had all three: assisted living, elderly people who were sick, and also people who needed somebody there to check on them now and then but could still go out and do what they wanted. The rooms had large living rooms there, and opposite that, there was a wall for the bedroom, and then they had a nice bathroom and nice walk-in closet. They had a kitchen and a big, spacious laundry. If you had guests coming to stay, they had guest rooms for relatives who came in from out of state. The staff was friendly, and I liked the lady who ran the place. She's very helpful. The food was good. They had a dining area, a cafeteria, at regular times they had barbeque in the patio, and they had get togethers and things like that. So, they always had some types of activities going on all the time. They had cards and different things for the people to do together, but I couldn't remember all of them. That's what I was looking for, and that would have fit me perfectly, but it was beyond my means.

I would recommend them. It was nice, and you wouldn't even know that it was there. They were back in the mountains of trees, and then they had a hill that went down. They had a creek and a walking path.

Patricia15961450 April 26, 2014

I have been in The Inn, and it was very, very nice. I really liked it, but it's out of my price range. It's on the San Antonio River. There are ducks in the river. It's lovely, it's bright. The dining area and the common area were very nice. They were well-kept. The back wall was all windows. It looked out on green space and the river. It's a very pleasant place to be. I didn't go to any of the apartments, but from what I saw, I was very impressed.

Everybody was very attentive and answered all your questions. It's in a very nice part of town. They take you to doctor's appointments. They have short field trip-type things and shopping. They do not have an Alzheimer's area. For me, it wouldn't suit because I'm going to need that for my husband.

Texas2Step January 30, 2014

The Inn was just the best, it would get a 5. It's beautiful, has a lot of activities, excellent food, warm, light-filled, spacious, had all kinds of facilities there like a beauty shop and banking within the same facility.

Caring70053250 November 23, 2013

The Inn at Los Patios was a really nice place. Everything looked brand new. The staff seemed to be really nice, helpful and friendly. There was a really nice view of the property. I would definitely rate them the highest.

bradj62 August 23, 2011

I went with my Mother and brother to check out the place for my Mom, and it was neat. I had a bit of a time finding it, but I am glad we got a chance to see it. The residents I did meet were extremely nice, and were very happy to be there. Especially helpful was the staff, and my Mom was very impressed.

They have some great floor plans on the apartments. The only reason I rated the 4 instead of 5 was the location, and its a bit far from where I live now. All in all though a great place.

From The Inn at Los Patios

Voted "Best Senior Community in San Antonio" 5 Years in a Row. The Inn at Los Patios , a small exquisite community, is nestled on the bluffs above Salado Creek overlooking the lush gardens of Los Patios. The Inn is located in the prestigious northeast area if San Antonio offering exceptional value and outstanding service for over two decades.

Over 25 years of continuous service to the community. 12 breathtaking acres, with walking trails, close to medical offices, hospitals, and shopping.

Features of The Inn at Los Patios

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, Walking trails

• Religious services
  • Book clubs

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Physical therapy

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• Minimum age: 62