Elmcroft of Windcrest

6849 Crestway, San Antonio, TX, 78239

Reviews of Elmcroft of Windcrest

Milton241746 August 23, 2016

My aunt moved into Elmcroft of Windcrest. She’s always really clean. She likes the neighbors there and is having a great experience. They have Friday outings where they have lunch, do a little shopping, and go out a little bit. She likes the Bible study and bingo, but her favorite thing is to sit around and talk to her friends. She just loves that. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The staff is very helpful. She just loves them because they take care of the things that she needs. The place is very homey, always clean, and always in order. When you walk in, you see a nice, big fireplace. The courtyard is nice.

Sham Facility April 12, 2016

This place is a sham. Sure they have the pretty pictures on the site and a well thought out list of activities to make it look good. But please trust me, this is all just for show. They have none of the activities that they listed. They offer Bingo every single day and only on Friday's do they take the residents to eat at a restaurant for lunch. Please talk to the existing residents; they will tell you how bored they are. I take the time to speak to the residents and every single one of them complain about nothing to do and disgusting food. The food is horrible. Please sit in the dining room and watch all the food they throw in the trash because the residents can't eat that slop. The residents complain about poor food and no activities, but they don't care. It's all about the almighty dollar. The rooms are always dirty, the laundry service is horrible because you are always getting other people's stuff and your stuff is missing. The turnover is tremendous. People are moved in and out constantly. They sucker you in and then when the family finds out it was all a sham, they move out as quick as they moved in. Please do yourself a favor and investigate this home before putting a relative in it. It is a very sad situation that needs to be exposed.

Mrs C1 April 27, 2015

I like Elmcroft better as it was closer to my home, and I felt like I could visit more frequently. I liked that the facility was very warm and appealing. I liked the idea that she could do her own laundry as she wanted to do that. I liked the idea that they had memory care, and if my aunt progressed there would be no need to move. I liked the courtyard there as you could walk through. It was secure. I did see some other residents that didn’t interact but looked very happy there. The rooms were good, clean, and met all of our needs.

Anonymous103112150 March 07, 2015

We moved my father-in-law at Elmcroft of Windcrest in the early part of December. They have the highest star rating among the places we went to. The staff is pretty good. The rooms are kind of small, and that is the only issue I have with them. What I like best about them is the location. I have no complaints about them.

Caring91928550 August 05, 2014

We were referred to Elmcroft because the care there was excellent, so we checked it out. Mother has been in there for four months and they have not disappointed us one bit. The care is excellent; the facility is clean; the pricing is good and everything is tip-top. We couldn't be happier with it. They have people coming in -- different musicians and stuff and Bingo. They have activities every day; I've seen the residents playing cards and visiting each other.

Caring82975450 April 22, 2014

One of the facilities that I visited was Elmcroft of Windcrest, and I really like that one. When you come in, the facility was very new looking. They had very nice sitting rooms. The manager was very informative and gave me a nice packet. The rooms were a bit bigger than some of the other places that I looked at. And when I came in, they had warm cookies for the residents out, and they had a coffee area where they could come and get a snack anytime they wanted, and I thought that was very nice. They also had a little garden area that the people could go out in. Elmcroft was really a favorable facility for me.

Caring74842250 January 18, 2014

The last one I went to was Elmcroft. It was a very nice place and I liked it. The staff and the people I talked to were very nice and friendly. However, I was a little bit surprise at the floor plan. I had never seen anything like that before. The studio apartment was small for one person, but the other rooms, a lot of them were for two people in a room and it didn't impress me as practical. I thought the space was condensed and there's not much closet space and for people. For me it would be too crowded. We discussed the activities, but I didn't see them. They had bingo games and outside entertainments, which you would find in a standard place. There was a misunderstanding before went there. I was disappointed to learn that the fees were higher than I'd been quoted. But I would recommend them for cleanliness and for having friendly atmosphere.

commercesd January 16, 2012

We visited the Elmcroft of Windcrest in the San Antonio area while checking out facilities for our aunt. The outside looked well taken care of with plenty of nice trees and shrubbery to enjoy. The communal areas were all clean and well tended. There were plenty of rooms for the residents to enjoy socializing in - from quiet reading to lively conversation and games. All of the rooms were fresh, clean and bright. The living quarters were nicely maintained and decorated -- with personal touches for each resident, who can make choices or get assistance if desired. They can use their own furnishings or a staff member may assist. They all had nice natural light, safety features and adequate furnishings for privacy or hosting guests. There is a nice exercise facility where the residents can enjoy a variety of activities from equipment to yoga and weight training. There is also a trainer onsite to assist regularly and offer classes. They can also enjoy the walkways outside year-round due to the mild weather in the region. The staff seems to be able to easily adapt to whatever a resident happens to need. The residents all get to choose their own schedule and activities, according to their abilities and interests. They can also receive whatever care level is necessary -- which can adapt as needs change. The dining areas were lovely and seemed inviting. The chef makes original creations, as well as regular dishes, for a variety of meal options. The restaurant style dining is relaxing and makes it easier to socialize. They host regular events at the facility such a book discussions, ice cream socials, barbeques, birthday parties and many other gatherings. All in all -- a very nice facility for the residents with kind and caring staff.

From Elmcroft of Windcrest

Residents of Elmcroft of Windcrest are proud of the independence they maintain and enjoy the security of 24-hour personalized assistance. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing and medication monitoring, they are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. They enjoy the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we are always there to provide support should they need it.

Features of Elmcroft of Windcrest