Carol Ann's Home

8005 Chambers, San Antonio, TX, 78229

Reviews of Carol Ann's Home

August 31, 2016

By Mary141548

Carol Ann’s is a very small facility. It was a house converted into a home, and so it’s very warm and welcoming. There are only 15 patients at a time, and they have 24-hour care. It’s well taken care of. You walk in and it doesn’t have that smell. My mother has been there for a month and a half.
Thank you Mary for the great review we are really happy that you've joined our family!

August 31, 2016

By Lummie M

The care that my mother receives at Carol Ann's Home is excellent. They are attentive to her needs and compassionate to her likes and dislikes. They provide great activities and entertainment and promote wonderful social interaction. They communicate well with family members and have been helpful to recommend and provide excellent medical and hospice care. They have made this difficult time so much easier for all of us.
Thank you, We love Lummie. She is such a joy to have here with us as well as you and your sister. Thank you so much for the great review!

By Rbagger

Carols Ann's home is amazing!! It has a very nice warm feeling from the start!. The staff are very caring and loving. From the moment you walk up you feel like your at home, starting with beautiful walkway path. The rooms are single rooms with a closet, a bed, a private bath. They have music, exercise programs, physical activities, and games. The food looked amazing and great. They have large dining room, so it is more intimate, like a family style, with the kitchen attached to the dining room. They are clean and well lit. The meals seem to be enjoyed by the residents. The chairs are comfortable, and the tables are nice. We like the setup, and we like the caring attitude from the staff
Thank you Robyn great compliments we really appreciate it hope to see you soon!

By Tracy H

Being in Virginia, I am comforted knowing that my mom is in good, safe, loving arms. Her staff is great and not only cares about Mom but cares about the whole family. Thank you.
Thank you Tracy we appreciate the great review hope to see you soon!

By P. Janes

Staff is great. Home is nice but this has not been a good fit for my mother as she is very sharp and we were not informed all the other residents suffer from dementia. She is not happy there.
Sorry to hear that your mom is not adjusting to our home. Alzheimer's and Dementia is always the first talking point on our tours as this is what we tend to specialize in. Having toured the location it's easy to see how the residents are. Hopefully you will be able to find a perfect fit for your mom.

July 29, 2016

By Monica344555

My aunt was a resident at Carol Ann's. I loved the care she received there. Truly miss her and all the loving workers there.
Monica it was a pleasure having you and your aunt with us we all miss you please feel free to drop by anytime!

July 29, 2016

By Christina Ryan

Amazing, compassionate, caring staff. Well balanced meals with lots of activities. I enjoy spending time on the patio with my uncle.
Christina we always enjoy you out on the patio with us all please come by more often hope everything is going well!

May 29, 2013

By Beth5

I went and looked at 5 or 6 different homes. Carol Ann's Home just stood out above and beyond anything else that I saw. The only reason why I included other homes because my husband and brother in-law seemed to think that she needed a private room. Carol Ann's only have semi-private room available. I knew it wasn't gonna be an issue because she won't spend all her time in her room. So we eventually placed my mother in-law in Carol Ann's. The place is very clean. It has a home atmosphere. It doesn't have that nursing home feel to it. It has a big living area that was once a family den. Their food is good. I think they make an effort to try and do a variety of menus.

By Jeannine1

My brother and I both went to Carol Ann's Home to look at the place. It was the kind of place that my mother would like. My mother is a very much of a home person. The food is very much like mom's cooking. It's not like a cafeteria or anything that. It's like a home dinner. She likes it. I'm very happy with the food. There are several ladies who watch my mom and they take good care of her. It's not a sit downer. My mom will be 92 years old and she's a walker. She walks all over the place. They let her pretty much to do her thing and if she needs help they're right there for her. They make sure that she eats and make sure that she's always clean. They always help her with the bath and wash her hair and combed. They take good care of her clothes. Her room is always clean.

By Sue16

Last year, carol Ann's Home provided a safe, caring and home-like environment for my dad. The staff is conscientious, kind, and in service to my dad's needs. They communicate properly to inform me of any changes obeserved in my dad's health.They have been a blessing to my Dad and have given me peace of mind that he is receiving quality care from caregivers who respect and honor the gentle human being he is.

By Elma1

My mother in-law is very happy living with Carol Ann's and so did my father in-law when he was alive. We didn't have any problem with the place. They take good care of my mother in-law. The caregivers are attentive. I think it's a great place to live than retirement home or nursing home facility.

By Nancy37

We were told about Carol Ann's Home through a rehab facility that my mom was in. She had been in the hospital and was sent to rehab. When we visited Carol Ann's Home, it looked great. We were very happy with the place. I think at that time they had 7 other residents which is just what we wanted. It has a small population and would be like a home to mom. The people that run the place are very friendly and very accommodating to all of our questions. The meals are cooked very well. Everything seems to be very clean.

April 23, 2013

By Jean14

Carol Ann's Home was referred to us by the hospice. I was able to move my mom within a day. I was lucky enough to find a room there. Everything there is wonderful. The girls are fantastic. They take care of my mother as well as I do. They have a buffet during the day with different fruits. If you want a salad at any time, it's always available. They have a fantastic cook. Everything is provided there.

April 22, 2013

By Lisa182

I known Carol for years even before she owned Carol Ann's Home. I've known her and her husband for a long time. They have always been very good people. I would share stories with her about my grandmother. I wasn't really happy with the care she was receiving at another location. By this time, Carol had already opened second location. Eventually it got to a point where her care in the other place was so bad and so I called Carol and told her that I'm ready to move my grandmother. Ever since then, they were taking care of her. My grandmother's condition has improved a lot. Literally back at the other place her eyes were hollow and she looked like she was going to leave us any time. Even though she's incontinent and bed ridden (and she still is bed ridden), she's in a place now where her quality of life is better. They bring her warm food. She used to get a cold meal at the other place. The staff at Carol Ann's are always very attentive and very kind to her. I've seen them stroke her hair and just show her true tender loving care. It improved her spirit which is very important.

April 19, 2013

By Mary65584150

I was very pleased with Carol Ann's Home. My mom feels like it's really her home. The staff are very caring and knowledgeable. My mom loves to sit in her room which has good view of the golf course and the ducks.

April 10, 2013

By Ms Sylvia

My husband visited three places and left them to me to decide which will we chose. When we were looking for a place my first criteria was cleanliness. My second criteria was I checked the menu. The other two places on the list were just serving junk food like hotdogs or tacos for lunch and that did not meet my approval. Carol Ann's had an excellent variety of menus. The third criteria was the staff. By them, the staff allowing her to keep her dignity. We have been pleased with Carol Ann's staff. My mother in-law doesn't want to be there because she wants to be at home with her family but she likes it there. If I could change something I would serve an afternoon snack like coffee and a goodie. She could have something at Carol Ann's if she would ask but she does not want to ask. We have been there for Thanksgiving parties or Christmas when the carolers came and she participated with all of that. She loves to sing. She plays the games. She reads and does cross word puzzles. She's a little more all together and alert than the rest of the residents. Everytime we take her out with us, they always dress her nicely and her hair done. They even polish her nails. She always looks nice when we pick her up. I really appreciate that. They will also fix me a bag with a diaper and wipes just in case we need that. I have found the staff to be really nice specially Marcella.

February 15, 2012

By djaamir

It's a beautiful home. The staff was super helpful and friendly. All the residents I met seemed very happy.

February 14, 2012

By Fireman#1

My mother was a resident of this facility. She was greeted with open loving arms and was treated with respect. The owner and staff kept me and my brother informed of any changes in our mothers status. The staff let us know when she having a good day or bad day. They were an advocate for our mother and always supported me and my brother. Their approach included caring for the resident and helping the family deal with their current situation. I observed this with my mom and the other residents. The staff works hard day in day out, but with a smile. That makes them special. They made our mother's remaining time with us more enjoyable. Thank you

October 13, 2011

By Beckywh

I come over to see my grandmother on monthly basis, I am always happy to see how well she is. There hasn't been a time that she told me anything was wrong with the home! This makes long time in-between visits much easier.very happy here!

July 08, 2011

By shopgal

My grandmother was very well cared for at Carol Ann's home. We sadly lost her to Parkinson's disease early this year. The entire staff treated us like family and grieved our loss with us. I highly recommend this facility for your loved one. We visited numerous places before choosing Carol Ann's home and this offered a home-like atmosphere superior to other's our family toured. The care is the most important aspect in choosing a community and we couldn't have been more pleased with the way our loved one was cared for.

Photos of Carol Ann's Home

Features of Carol Ann's Home

• Minimum Memory Cost: $2500/month

• Housing Extra: Private And Semi Private Rooms

• Staff Patient Ratio: 8:1
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: 103570/030254

About Carol Ann's Home

Providing long term care for an elderly loved one may be one of the most difficult decisions you will make. If your loved one is having difficulties with day to day tasks, San Antonio based, Carol Ann's Home Assisted Living can help bring you peace of mind knowing that your loved one will be cared for.

Our small home settings are comforting and nurturing. Carol Ann's Home Assisted Living is where your elderly loved one can be at home, cared for and be treated as an individual. Here you can rest easy knowing that our professionally trained staff are watching over your loved ones 24 hours a day and that we are as concerned with your loved one's quality of life as you are. We care, we understand, and we make a difference.

We work with you and your loved one to learn, understand and meet their needs. Together, we develop a person centered program that ensures your loved one's complete well-being and comfort. Our residents require special care, understanding, and an individual approach. Each person has their own path to success and our compassionate and experienced staff will work together to find that path.

Our small home setting are comforting and nurturing. Carol Ann's Home Assisted Living is where your elderly loved one will be cared for

Map of Carol Ann's Home