Brookdale Shavano Park

4096 DeZavala Rd., San Antonio, TX, 78249

Promotion ends in 18 days!

IT'S YOUR MOVE. LOCK IN THE 2017 RATE FOR LIFE. Lock in a rate that will never change for residents who take financial possession of an apartment by December 23, 2016. *New residents only. Excludes care costs and other fees. Additional details may apply.

Reviews of Brookdale Shavano Park

Christy8 July 21, 2015

They are wonderful at Brookdale Shavano Park (Homewood Residence at Shavano Park). They have been doing a very good job, and they are very patient. It is a very clean facility. My mother does not care for the food, but it seems fine. They have bingo, jewelry making, and cooking activities. They also have a happy hour every Friday afternoons. She has a one-bedroom apartment with a refrigerator and a microwave. It has a nice sized bathroom. I think the room is quite large. She has a queen sized bed, a recliner, a night stand, a chest, and a sofa.

aging as well April 17, 2014

My mother lived in this community for over 3 years in both the Assisted Living and Memory care buildings. There was never a time that I was worried or concerned about her safety and well being. The staff were always supportive, caring and loving in their approach with her as well as with our family. I found that there were plenty of activities going on, though she often times was not interested in doing them. The facility was clean, smelled good and the staff were always friendly. It felt good to walk into the place and be greeted with smiling faces from the staff and other residents.

Senior daughter April 15, 2014

This facility is more like a nursing home. There were very few residents without dementia. We moved my parent there and he/she was extremely lonely and unhappy. No activities except bingo.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns about your parent's experience at Homewood at Shavano Park. Please be assured that the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their families. The staff is committed to providing the highest-quality service and care for each resident every day and we will share your feedback with our regional team.

careingfriend January 06, 2014

My relative was a resident here and the level of care received wasn't what we expected. This assisted living community was recommended to us and my Dad was evaluated by staff to make sure he was able to fit in at this facility. They assured us he was able to function at this level of care, however, only after a few months we could see that he was having trouble taking care of himself, falling on occasion. We were asked to move him, as they were not able to give him the care he needed. Very disappointed in this facility. I wouldn't recommend this place.

Caring Daughter10 August 27, 2013

Homewood at Shavano Park was a much newer facility. It was also a little more elegant but also much more expensive. Their dining room was spacious. There were more rooms in it. It was a beautiful place; however, it was a level A facility and we needed a level B facility for my father.

commercesd June 03, 2012

We visited Homewood Residence at Shavano Park assisted living facility as an option for my brother's friend. The outer grounds were well tended and we liked the look of the building, with its sturdy columns and open terrace at the second level. The staff seemed very friendly, yet professional and capable.

The foyer was inviting with nice furnishings which left us with a nice impression. Throughout the facility, we noticed a variety of activities, from reading to socializing and playing games.

All of the areas were pleasant to be in and we could see that the residents thought so, too. The staff is well-versed at taking care of a variety of types of people, from those who are not ambulatory - to people who have memory issues.

We could see that the seniors enjoy casual restaurant dining and that the food resembled what you might find in an upscale diner. The menu offered an impressive array of nice meal options. The nice atmosphere makes the dining experience pleasant.

We liked that there was plenty of sunlight so that they do not need to use lighting when it is sunny outside. This is true for many of the dwelling spaces, as well.

The fitness center includes daily yoga and aerobics exercise classes. Residents can also safely navigate the lovely garden pathways and courtyards for exercise.

The activities they plan regularly include everything from visiting local restaurant favorites, the public library and movies - to day trips in outer regions.

We liked the vibe in this facility and felt like it is a nice place for seniors to live.

caringobserver December 08, 2011

All in all, I thought this was a pretty well kept facility. What I did not find to be acceptable was the ratio of staff to residents. It also seems as though there may be a lack of qualified personnel as I only met 3 certified professionals (CNA, LVN, RN) amongst a staff of 6 who were present at the time. As far as amenities go, this place has a lot going for it. It has an early 1900's feel to it but in that nostalgic kind of way. Old fashioned fixtures, antiques and chandeliers are commonplace at this establishment. The facilities seemed to be very well kept and I was impressed by the number of options the residents were presented with when it came time for meals. Although the staff seemed to be short of qualified professionals, it most certainly wasn't short of loving, caring individuals who seemed to be more than willing to do anything necessary to ensure continued comfort and satisfaction for the residents.

From Brookdale Shavano Park

Brookdale Shavano Park provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Shavano Park

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• State License(s): 050689