Brookdale Medical Center Kingsley

9000 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX, 78240

Promotion ends in 13 days!

IT'S YOUR MOVE. LOCK IN THE 2017 RATE FOR LIFE. Lock in a rate that will never change for residents who take financial possession of an apartment by December 23, 2016. *New residents only. Excludes care costs and other fees. Additional details may apply.

Reviews of Brookdale Medical Center Kingsley

Caring112428850 August 27, 2015

Brookdale Medical Center Kingsley is a nice and clean place. It was very bright looking, and there were a lot of windows for the sun to come in. They have movie nights, cards, and an activity room. They do go out as well. If I had to put my cousin anywhere, I would put her there.

Caring101373250 February 10, 2015

We choose Brookdale Kingsley because it is one floor. It is a good size so my uncle will meet a lot of people. It is very clean and looks very nice. I met a lot of the employees, and they are very nice. I also met a number of the residents there and talked with them, and they are all very happy. There is also a wide range of residents there. Some are in wheelchairs, but a lot of them are able to walk without wheelchairs. All of the rooms are studio apartments, which are in an L-shape. They have another one that is a little bit larger, but it is essentially in the same shape. The dining room is in the center. The community is layout sort of a large figure 8 so that there is a lot of walking that can be done if the residents choose to do that. In the center is where all of the dining rooms are. They have probably 8 community areas with places to sit and stuff like that. It is very nice. He says the food is good. I talked to the chef. She seems very nice and seems to know what she is doing. I speak to the other residents as well, and they like the food.

Anonymous105854750 February 10, 2015

My aunt is in Brookdale Medical Center Kingsley. I would say the care that they give is good. The staff is friendly, and they seem to genuinely care. When she needs something, they are there. They communicate with me. If I needed things fixed in her apartment, they take care of it. One thing I like about it that made me decide to choose it is that they have call buttons that residents wear around their necks. They have a beauty shop inside the facility and a doctor on staff. They have a lot of activities like bingo. They have concerts once in a while. They also have their own in-house home health care where they have provided her with physical and occupational therapy. Probably the only biggest annoyance she has is having to wait a long time for dinner and being taken back to her room.

TylersGma December 08, 2014

This is an excellent facility & my mother in law is comfortable here. However, 3 price increases in less than 2 years is pricing my mother-in-law right out of the facility! With her dementia, I don't know how moving her out is going to affect her health but it's outrageously priced for a one-bedroom, considering our loyalty since 2012.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

caring40771 August 27, 2014

Mom liked Emeritus as they seemed very friendly and the units that they were offering came with a patio and that really interested mom. The rooms are spacious and each room has its own bathroom. The staff seemed to be very friendly, caring and we haven’t had any issues. The dining area has a restaurant setup. She plays bingo, exercises and goes on outings when they go HEB or Wal-Mart. However, I would suggest a little few more activities.

Karen85123250 July 25, 2014

The caregivers are very nice and pleasant. They are very slow to respond to any requests. They are slow to respond to emergencies. I am not comfortable with the situation.

Caring87651 October 30, 2013

I looked at Emeritus at Kingsley Place but they don't have 2 bedrooms. I really like the place but they only have 1 bedroom. I need a place for both my mother and grandmother. The place is is really good.

Mike27 June 26, 2013

The staff at Emeritus at Kingsley Place was great, They were very caring and very responsive. The room was comfortable. The food was very good. The place was clean and I would recommend it to others.

CathyW1 October 05, 2012

Emeritus at Kingsley Place have been wonderful with my mother-in-law. It's clean, the help, everything is great. We couldn't ask for more.

SA Visiting Angels August 08, 2012

I work for a provider services company and visit and tour many facilities here in San Antonio and I am thoroughly pleased with the folks at Kingsley Place especially their memory care unit.

They have paid extra attention to the fine details that make up the environment the residents live in. As you walk through the memory care unit, you will notice each major wall is decorated/dedicated to a particular decade. For example, the first wall you come up to is the 1940's and they have WWII uniforms, pictures of big band leaders and the like pinned to the wall. They do the same for the 50's and 60's. In addition, they have a short bio of the resident and It helps add color and personality to residents.

I also enjoy the warm and friendly personalities everyone has. They don't just point down the hallway, they personally escort you to where you need to go. If I had to place a family member in an assisted living facility, Kingsley Place would be it. World class facility.

kejotu August 07, 2012

My sister and I visited Kingsley Place twice, along with several other places, and chose to move our 88-year-old mother there. She's always been a social person and living alone hasn't been good for her, so she really responded well to the upbeat atmosphere of this place. Her private room will contain her personal furnishings, etc, is very nice, and doesn''t feel like a 'hospital' room at all. We also liked the director very much. She related so well to our mother and knew how to calm her fears. I was very grateful for that. Finally, the atmosphere in the dining room is that of a restaurant, not a hospital cafeteria, and the food tasted wonderful.

charrell1507 August 06, 2012

Kingley place is a wonderful place. My brother and I toured this place and we were very impressed. The Executive Director was so wonderful and made us feel like we were making the right choice. We are gonig to start our 88 year old mother out in Assisted Living and then if she needs memory care they have that also so we don't have to move her to another facility. We had lunch there and we were also impressed with the taste of the food. We move my mother in 2 weeks and I think she is also looking forward to it so she can be around people.

commercesd June 03, 2012

We visited the Emeritus at Kingsley Place Medical Center assisted living facility while searching for a place for my brother's place to live in the San Antonio region.

The outside area was very nicely maintained. The grounds outside offer easy access for residents, where they can enjoy walking around freely safely each day. We could see that there was also plenty of space to have cookouts, parties and picnics.

All of the indoor rooms had plenty of fresh air and light. The foyer was fresh and bright with very nice decorations and furniture. Communal activity rooms were spacious, with comfortable furniture.

The seniors can easily socialize, make crafts, play games, watch TV and films and participate in many stimulating activities. Residents can also tend the garden. The facility can accommodate all levels of ambulation.

Seniors can use the exercise room at any time and also go on daily walks. Aerobics and yoga classes are offered. The residents go on trips to visit the many art galleries and museums, eat at casual and fine restaurants and enjoy the many cultural events offered in the area.

The private rooms featured plenty of space in nicely decorated surroundings. All had a great deal of natural light and fresh air with very comfortable furniture.

The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. The menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, as well as whenever residents request them. The dining room was quite nice, with plenty of space and comfortable furniture.

The residents here looked very content in their living environment and were well cared for by kind, considerate and competent staff.

From Brookdale Medical Center Kingsley

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Single story community, Located across from Lulu's, Happy Hour every Friday, Layout is extremely open and bright, Pull cords and pendants, Basic cable and WiFi i inlcuded

Features of Brookdale Medical Center Kingsley

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• State License(s): 030044