Brookdale Hollywood Park

16911 San Pedro, San Antonio, TX, 78232

Promotion ends in 19 days!

IT'S YOUR MOVE. LOCK IN THE 2017 RATE FOR LIFE. Lock in a rate that will never change for residents who take financial possession of an apartment by December 23, 2016. *New residents only. Excludes care costs and other fees. Additional details may apply.

Reviews of Brookdale Hollywood Park

Joanne35 April 01, 2015

Emeritus is a smaller facility; my father-in-law was in the assisted living part for a couple of years. They have activities, but he likes to stay in his room, read, have people watch him, and come out to eat. He is quiet, and he likes just being alone. Emeritus suits his purposes, but they seemed to be short of staff; you don’t get the response as much as you like.

He is in the memory care unit, and he is getting more attention now so I would have to say we are happy with it. I really like the fact that the staff is friendly and approachable, it’s clean, and it doesn’t have a smell to it. I like the people there; the food isn’t that great, and we have known them for a few years now. If the rent increased, they get corporate services; they are increasing a certain amount and complain sometimes they can work with you on it. I would recommend it, and they just redecorated it too.

As a valued family member and resident, what you and your father-in-law think is important to us. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. Your feedback is always appreciated and will be reviewed.

daustin888 February 25, 2015

I liked Brookdale Hollywood Park. It was clean, except that I don't like the hallways. They had more hallways, not the rooms opening onto one large room. That was what I looking for, and I didn't get a good impression. The staff seemed fine, but I don't think they have as much staff. They showed me a calendar with a bunch of activities. They do bingo and crafts.

Gladys11 October 31, 2014

I was very pleased with the staff at Emeritus. They were very courteous, and they went out of their way to answer my questions and to be there for us. Everything was just fine. It just wasn't as open as the place my father's staying at and the area wasn't conducive to being outdoors.

They had activities, and they had people that came in to entertain the people, which I found to be very good.

Caring78969750 March 28, 2014

From all the facilities we've looked at, we preferred Emeritus at Hollywood Park. It just fit all the requirements we needed and it's close to where I live. We also like their prices. The facility was very clean and very well taken care of. I went to their dining room and it is almost setup like a restaurant. The staff seemed really qualified. People were doing activities like playing cards or bridge. They have programs that went on all day long. They had shopping trips. They had in-house hair stylist, manicure, pedicure; just pretty much everything you would want. Everyone seemed to be really having a good time. Overall, it's an excellent facility and it was almost like staying at a little mini resort.

sharonanng July 29, 2013

My parents have lived at this facility for nearly 3 years. While the adjustment moving from a home into another life-style was difficult, they have adjusted and the current staff is caring and easy to work with. The quality and taste of the food has improved greatly in recent months and the care-givers have become friends. Additionally, the recent remodel looks lovely.. Thanks for all you do!

Linda63014650 July 29, 2013

Mom is in Emeritus in Hollywood Park. The staff was very nice, very courteous and very pleasant to talk to and informative of what's going on. We have a good deal with them. The food is really good and the dining area is really nice. Since, they have some pretty elderly and incapacitated people in their section, there's not a whole lot of activities, but they do have bingos, dominos and cards and they have a small exercise room.

Ksgardner February 17, 2013

My grandma has lived here for awhile and they are the worst facility ever. Every year this facility has declined and the residents are being totally neglected to the point where their health is compromised. My grandmother hasn't been bathed in weeks and this is a for profit corporation that seems more interested in cutting costs and making money than caring for the people who are currently paying to be there. There is a new staff every couple months and I absolutely warn you to stay away if you love your family.

We are sorry you feel that your grandmother is not receiving the care she deserves. We are very surprised and puzzled by this review since we have not heard anything from your family directly. We are extremely concerned by this information and we will be reaching out to your family members to follow up on this feedback.

Also, if you feel we are not meeting your expectations of care, we would like to hear from you. We have several avenues for expressing your concerns, which include speaking with the staff at the community directly. If you would prefer a more anonymous way of expressing your concerns, we have our Ethics First program, which is a way for you to share your valuable feedback with us, openly and confidentially at http://www.emeritus.com/ethics. We look forward to hearing from you.

Samplergal October 17, 2012

i moved a relative n three weeks ago. Despite promises to have a fridge upon arrival, it took three weeks. First week the food was good; since then it has been terrible. The sales staff makes promises and is very pleasant but NEVER follows up. Check-in process was non-existent. Took three weeks to get a mail box key. My Mom followed suggested route to dining room which meant she went outside. she fell and could not get up. she was not found for at least 10 minutes. when I arrived, two attendants were literally ringing their hands. Multiple vanancies in this facility. We are disappointed and heartsick. Moving is very difficult on old folks!

commercesd June 12, 2012

We visited the Emeritus at Hollywood Park while searching for a suitable assisted living facility for my friend's brother.

Many of his family members live in the area, so this would be an ideal place for him to live. The outer grounds looked well-kept and pleasant.

The staff greeted us and seemed very warm and friendly - which is the most important thing to the family.

The interior was inviting and we could smell fresh flowers. As we walked through the building, we could see residents enjoy the many nooks and crannies where ample seating areas adorn the many windows.

We saw residents of many ambulation - all of whom seemed to be well cared for, content and engaged in their lives.

The many recreational activities include trips to visit the local and surrounding area cultural and entertainment hubs such as art galleries and museums, eateries and other cultural events, like fairs and festivals. They also host monthly birthday parties for residents at the facility which they encourage friends and family to attend.

The exercise center includes daily yoga and aerobics exercise classes. Residents can also safely navigate the lovely garden pathways and courtyards.

The private rooms were all clean, well-kept and conveniently designed. They take the time to personalize to each resident's tastes.

The residents enjoy a pleasant dining experience where original the cooks create many different interesting dishes.

Every resident appeared to be very well cared for in a peaceful, yet fun environment by kind, caring and attentive staff.

jim frampton November 01, 2011

I will be placing my spouse into this faclility tomorrow. I visited before making the decision. I found the property clean and the staff seem very engaged with the residents. The check in process was done professionally. I hope for a good relationship and very good care for my spouse.

From Brookdale Hollywood Park

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Hollywood Park

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• State License(s): 030200