Brookdale Hamilton Wolfe

5331 Hamilton Wolfe Rd., San Antonio, TX, 78229

Promotion ends in 14 days!

IT'S YOUR MOVE. LOCK IN THE 2017 RATE FOR LIFE. Lock in a rate that will never change for residents who take financial possession of an apartment by December 23, 2016. *New residents only. Excludes care costs and other fees. Additional details may apply.

Reviews of Brookdale Hamilton Wolfe

Kent11 October 28, 2015

I saw Brookdale Hamilton Wolfe (formerly Emeritus at Hamilton House), and the people I met were nice. The place itself was nice, but my parents wanted separate bedrooms. They would have separate rooms there, but my mom wouldn't be able to go in her room and shut her door. The apartment was nice with laminate floors and separate areas like three big rooms, and it was decent-sized. The staff was very friendly and informative and was asking about our interests. They showed us some rooms where they'll have use of the courtyard, or they might get a birdfeeder.

Buba August 27, 2015

I currently live in this facility, but have never been pleased with it. The employee turnover is excessive, the food is marginal, and the new management regime is substandard. There are at least twenty other Brookdales in the area, and you are advised to scrutinize this one carefully.

Caring110030550 July 21, 2015

I like Brookdale Hamilton a lot. They have a two bedroom apartment available, and it looked really good. They also offer transportation, which I like. They also have a very beautiful courtyard. Their place is very clean.

Caring104835950 April 20, 2015

We found a good facility. We put my mother-in-law in Brookdale, and we had to take her out within a week. She stopped eating and said that she was there to die, so we just brought her home. Everything was fine, but she would not adapt. The staff was good. They messed her meds up a few times but, overall, I think it was good, and I’m sure within a few more weeks, they would have figured that out.

PM March 10, 2015

My mother is already in an assisted living facility named Brookdale Hamilton Wolfe. I like the people. They are very caring. The rooms are very clean and very adequate. It is the right size. I was very impressed with the quality of the food. As a matter of fact, I go eat regularly with my mother there. She gets the main entrée. The grounds are very clean, very well kept, and very well-manicured. They have a calendar with daily activities of different things and different outings. It is very well organized. I would recommend this facility to other friends and relatives.

Caring97562850 December 03, 2014

Brookdale Hamilton Wolfe is a nice place. I had an interaction with the sales person, and she was very helpful and friendly as well. The rooms were very nice, bright, and cheery. It’s very clean as well. We walked through their dining room, and it seemed nice. They do have games, and I think they also have movie nights.

Caring95908050 October 16, 2014

The staff at Emeritus was very, very helpful. They invited my family and my mother to the dining room on our tour there, and we ate there that day. My mother said the food is very good and they made her transition very easy. I was impressed.

The room is just a studio, but it’s very spacious. They have exercises. They have bingo. They go shopping, and they take them on bus trips. They have like a happy hour on Fridays where all the residents get together and mingle with a glass of wine and stuff like that. One of the reasons we selected it was because it is very secure and safe. Their door is closed at 8 o’clock in the evening. At the same time during the day they’re open, but there’s always somebody at the receptionist office.

Tim18 April 26, 2014

Emeritus was clean. This was the best Emeritus of the three that I looked at. It was very well-managed. The staff was excellent. I managed to schedule my tours around lunch time for a specific reason, and I explained it to all of them. I want to see what they are serving. I want to taste what they are serving because if I’m going to live there, I have to eat that. It is in northwest San Antonio near the medical facilities. I’m a veteran, and it’s close to the Veterans' Administration hospital here. To me, location is a factor.

Caring8765 October 30, 2013

The main reason why I chose Emeritus at Hamilton because I need two bedrooms for my mother and grandmother. They wanted to be together. To have 2 bedrooms in one room is difficult to find in assisted living.

They have a very caring staff. The activities are good but my grandmother does not participate because she's 100 years old. My mother does play bingo there.

Caring2243 October 05, 2013

Hamilton House is a very nice facility. My experience during my visit was good. The staff was very polite and answered all my questions. They also shared information with us. The residents there were nice as well. They have very nice rooms. I was able to go into a room that was being used at that time. A lady there allowed us to come in and looked at it. Generally, it was a fine room and it seemed large enough. It also included a bathroom and a kitchen. During our visit, we also saw the residents eating and they seemed to like their food. I also remembered that they have a menu and that was nice.

Judy20 April 30, 2013

My friend recommended this facility for me because it's a smaller facility. If I were going to pick a facility today it would be this one. I like that they have covered parking for those of us who have vehicles. And they also have a try out program where for $100 a day you can go in and stay for a week or two weeks. They furnish everything that you can use when you live there which is something that I really appreciate. Their rooms are spacious. They have sample rooms set up so you can see different ways to set up your closet and arrange furniture. One thing I didn't care for is that the chairs in the cafeteria have name tags on them, which means they would sit with the same people all the time. I would rather just go in and pick chairs and sit down, that way you can get to talk to more people and learn more about them. When I went there they sat with me at the dining room and gave me dessert and we chatted for awhile. I got to meet some members of the facility. I enjoyed the food. I saw the video room where they have the TV and they said that that's where we can schedule movies. They have an exercise room with exercise equipment. Everybody was friendly. I like the way people are allowed to decorate their doors and show a little bit of their personality.

commercesd June 03, 2012

We visited the Emeritus at Hamilton House while searching for a suitable assisted living facility for my brother's friend. Many of his family members live in the area, so this would be an ideal place for him to live.

The outer grounds looked well-kept and pleasant. The staff greeted us and seemed very warm and friendly - which is very important to the family.

The foyer was nicely decorated and seemed homey, as did all of the communal rooms, which were spacious, with comfortable furniture. The seniors could easily socialize, make crafts, play games, watch TV and films and participate in many stimulating activities.

The library had great books and plenty of room to enjoy the peaceful environment. The residents may also reserve rooms for private parties.

The many recreational activities include trips to visit the local and surrounding area cultural and entertainment hubs such as art galleries and museums, eateries and other cultural events, like fairs and festivals.

The seniors may take exercise classes such as yoga and aerobics, or use the weight training and other equipment. They may also enjoy the outer walk ways around the building and courtyard. The residents are encouraged to enjoy physical activity as much as possible.

The private living spaces were all clean, well-kept and conveniently designed. They take the time to personalize to each resident's tastes.

There was a variety of types of food available - for example, meal choices ranged from a complete meals to snacks or lighter fare, for those who wanted it.

Staff appeared to make every effort to ensure that the residents were both safe and comfortable. The seniors appeared to be very content in this living environment.

txgeekygirl August 04, 2011

This is a beautiful facility inside and out. They serve good nutritious meals that are also tasty. I had my Dad in here for about a year and I only moved him because his care needs advanced. This is also a great place for an older couple to live a maintenance free existence and it helps the families to know all their needs are being met as well as someone is keeping an eye on them.

From Brookdale Hamilton Wolfe

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Hamilton Wolfe

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• State License(s): 030050