Brookdale Castle Hills | San Antonio, TX

1207 Jackson Keller Rd, San Antonio, TX, 78213

Promotion ends in 13 days!

IT'S YOUR MOVE. LOCK IN THE 2017 RATE FOR LIFE. Lock in a rate that will never change for residents who take financial possession of an apartment by December 23, 2016. *New residents only. Excludes care costs and other fees. Additional details may apply.

Reviews of Brookdale Castle Hills | San Antonio, TX

Diane.m November 25, 2015

I like Brookdale Castle Hills. My mother is there. It’s beautiful, large, quiet, and not crowded. They have a memory center, play games, bingo and do exercise. The food is excellent. They have lost residents for some reason, however. We haven’t had a problem, but I’ve heard some people say that people are not being attended to.

Anonymous115070150 November 22, 2015

One of the directors at Brookdale Castle Hills was extremely informative and helpful. They have called back on several occasions to see if they can help us in any way. It was a nice facility, but it was more of a memory care unit; my father had a stroke, so it no longer met our needs.

Caring112604950 September 07, 2015

Everyone at Brookdale Castle Hills is very nice. The place is beautiful. My mom has only been there for a little while, but she is liking it for what it is. The meals look good. I like the size of the facility. It is not too big. I do feel that sometimes they seem a little bit understaffed. Other than that, everything has been very pleasing. Any time we have any kind of a concern, we email the director, and he answers right back and always does whatever needs to be done.

Julia18 July 29, 2015

A family member lived close by Brookdale Castle Hills. I liked the apartment, the executive director, and the location of the apartment from the dining room. The staff was really good. The apartment was a corner apartment, and it was very light. The dining room was good. They had a lot of activities.

Ronda5 May 28, 2015

I am very pleased with the staff at Clare Bridge (Brookdale Castle). He is happy with the food; in fact, he gained weight. It has been a very good experience, and they have been in touch with me. They always respond in a reasonable time; it has been very good.

Caring98842850 December 18, 2014

Brookdale Castle Hills was the first facility that we looked at because it's closer to me, and I didn’t like this place at all. The room that I saw was very small. It was dark to me. They didn’t have a kitchenette where you have water. They have a microwave and a refrigerator. I would recommend that they put a sink and water in the kitchen.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Your input is very important to us and we will share your feedback to help better serve our residents in the future.

Caring96875050 November 03, 2014

My wife was at Homewood at Castle Hills. My experience with them was a little better. When I got my wife home and checked her medication, I discovered they still missed some of her scheduled medications. Also it looked like they hadn't washed her hair.

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. We want to thank you for your feedback and please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

Donna73256050 November 27, 2013

My father has been placed at Homewood at Castle Hills for a couple of months now. We chose the facility because it was a good match for us financially and that was the environment we wanted my dad to be placed in. The people were extremely kind and the director helped us get him a room with a roommate so that it was more affordable for us. The environment was just pleasant. They have exercise programs for the residents. They did have craft activities and music. They serve very lovely meals, three times a day, and he was eating better than he was at home.

TaliaL August 13, 2013

Homewood has great facilities and the staff is very helpfull an friendly. Everyday they offer a variety of choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner; even do my father sometimes complains about the taste of the food, in general it's good. They have 2 different buildings where they divide the patients by needs and they provide daily activities for the residents. My father has been in 5 different Assisted Living Facilities, and so far Homewood has been the best one.

Maldonado September 27, 2012

The living area/rooms are spacious and well maintained. It even had a small balcony area where one could sit without having to leave the apt. It is well maintained. The cleaning service was very good. The nurses were on time when dispensing the medications and scheduling appts. The dining area had enough room to move wheelchairs or walkers. The dining room staff were all very friendly and willing to please. The meals a well balanced with a varied menu. The laundry area was spacious and well equipped, including a folding table. The parking area is convenient as one could park close to the entry way. The grounds are well maintained and the grass and flowers are very well tended to.

commercesd June 12, 2012

The Homewood at Castle Hills assisted living facility looked really well-kept from the outside as we drove up.

My brother's friend's family has lived in the general region for quite a while and he would like to stay in touch with friends and family.

We especially liked the park-like atmosphere of the grounds. Heloves to tend the garden and we could see that he would be impressed as well.

The main foyer had a lovely receiving area, reminiscent of a quaint country home. It was hard to imagine that this was an assisted living facility.

The communal areas all had interesting activities occurring, from reading to games and resident interactions. It was clear that the residents enjoy living here.

The dining areas have many options. From more intimate to communal dining, resident can choose whatever they like in addition to hosing guests in their own spaces. The food choices looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks offered continually.

The living suites were all a nice size and did not seem cramped. They were also beautifully decorated. We could see that anyone would be comfortable in any one of them. Each unit had individually controlled temperatures.

Events and outings scheduled include anything restaurants, art museums, the library, local films and crafts, fine dining and theater. They also host monthly birthday parties for residents at the facility which they encourage friends and family to attend.

This is a lovely facility with caring and attentive staff. All of the residents needs appear to be met easily and efficiently, in a friendly and caring way.

From Brookdale Castle Hills

Brookdale Castle Hills provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Castle Hills