Adante Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

4.2

February 09, 2015

By Ginger7

I have a brother-in-law at Adante. It is a very nice and very large facility. He has a one-bedroom unit which is big enough for him. It looks luxurious to me.

January 30, 2015

By Resider

I have lived in Adante more than 3 yrs. I know nothing about Assisted Living or Memory Care departments. I am over 90 yrs. old, and there is one thing I know full well: there is no place else that could be better for me. I never anticipated winding up in any "old folks home", but this is more like living on a cruise ship, because I have elected to participate in most of the available activities. I feel surrounded by new, caring friends. I feel safe, comfortable, and respected. There is much more here than beautiful architecture. As for expensive.. yes, but I don't pay utilities, taxes, yard men, or repair men.

January 29, 2015

My father is in Adante Senior Living. The staff is friendly, and the rooms are just fair; they are not really big. The dining room is very nice, and the sanitation is excellent. They have a lot of activities.

December 30, 2014

The memory care of Adante was understaffed. They had too many patients for the number of staff members they have which meant that they were overworked. Basically as far as the food, that was just fine. When my brother became aggressive, they called his wife to come over and take care of him. The rooms were great. It was just that for the cost that they charge, it was outrageous for the care he was given. The food was great; there was no problem there at all. As far as activities, they have plenty of activities for the people.

At The Adante, our Pathways Memory Care Programming focuses on the resident by partnering with family members to provide the highest quality of care. Our associates are trained to standards that exceed the mandatory requirements. We partner with family members, as a familiar presence or loved one can have a calming effect. Our associates are trained to recognize the importance of relationships and understand that “caring” means “partnering”. If you have any additional concerns or questions, please feel free to contact Donny Veal, Executive Director, at 210-493-0103.

December 28, 2014

By Cherri2

We visited The Adante for my mother. We actually love it. The apartment was fabulous. It was very large, and it had a lot more storage. It had a refrigerator too. The facility was new. We love everything about it. The people were very friendly. The residents that we talked to invited us into their apartments to look at it. Everyone seemed happy. The restaurant was great. We didn't taste their food, but they did have two gourmet chefs. The facility is in a lovely area, but it is not in the area at San Antonio that my mother is familiar with. My sister and I like this place the best. Mother likes it too, but it is not her favorite. Security was great. At that time we visited, there were no activities going on, but there were a lot of people out in the sitting area. There were people in the card room playing cards, and there were people walking around. I saw the area where they have their exercise. There were a lot of people up and about, which was interesting. The people that we saw, most of them were not even on walkers. The staff was great. We met lots of people on the staff, and they were all good, very nice, and accommodating.

September 13, 2014

By Helen48

I like Adante Senior Living very much. The only thing I didn’t like about the facility is that it was like a big resort, but everything else, the staff, was nice. The people there were very nice as well. The food was outstanding, and the rooms were very nice.

May 20, 2014

Adante's staff is good. They're helpful and very friendly. The rooms are nice and clean. The food and dining area were good. I like the atmosphere, the apartments, the care, and the amenities that they have.

March 18, 2014

By caring75053450

I am on a waiting list for Adante. I liked the size of the cottage, which is a medium size. The food is very good. They got a very good staff. They are considerate in answering my questions and showing me around. The residents I have been contact with in the happy hour were all very friendly and we’ve had very good conversations.

January 23, 2014

By jr4763

We moved my mother to Adante over a year ago. She is so happy there. Her appartment is great and she feels very safe which is important to us. The meals are also great. She was under 95 pounds when she moved in...much too thin. Now she is about 105 pounds. Yes there might be hiccups along the way but that will be anywhere you go. Every Monday she takes the bus to HEB to get a few personal items which makes her feel a little more independent. I do provied everything else for her care. She has slight dementia so I am so glad that she can live in the independent care housing and know that she can be moved into assisted or memory care if needed in the future. My husband I eat at least once a week with her so I feel that I do have a good handle on what the facility is like. A good friend of mine moved her mother to the assisted living facility and also is so happy with the support she is getting for her mother. The home is well cared for and very clean. They have so many social outings and my mother can chose to participate...or not. I would recommend this facility to anyone who wants a safe, clean, active enviroment.

December 25, 2013

By SandiKSA

After a less-than-stellar experience with another Castle Hills area assisted living center, we moved my mother to Adante - she was one of the first three residents in this facility. Her apartment (not room) is LOVELY, her kitchen makes it feel like a home to her. She is on meds management and has become friends with her caring nurses. They have incredible on-site, on-property, and "field trip" social, fellowship events! We're so pleased with Adante.

October 18, 2013

By daughter69

I would think twice about putting my family or friends in this facility. It is very pretty, true and many of those who work there are friendly. But the beauty does not go farther than that. Those who are in charge do not follow through on things agreed upon. It is expensive and the care given does not meet the pricetag. They are horrible about communicating when things happen with my family. They do not live up to the agreed upon care. They are short staffed. Do not be dazzled by the pretty facade.

July 04, 2013

By Don't get old

The management of this facility lacks leadership and organization. Caregivers aren't trained properly and this has resulted in tremendous turnover. Complaints are listened to but never acted upon. Same problems over and over again. Facility is only two years old but hasn't been cared for. Think twice before putting your loved one in this facility.

August 03, 2012

By ngallop

My mother in Law is there now and is having mild dementia. I have never heard of the "Memory Care, etc" program. The nursing staff and all staff are great. The outings are terrific. However, one of the biggest issues was she would be transported to Mass each week. They have been without a driver for months. If something is important to you, get it in writing, they have lots of excuses, but no solutions to this problem.

July 25, 2012

By ShaggyTX

Nice new facility in middle of town. Fifteen minutes away from San Antonio International Airport. Convenient shopping minutes away. Assisted living or full care facilities available. Cozy rooms with kitchen area, dinning room and living room inside your apartment. Indoor hallway access. Fun entertainment and happy hour.

January 16, 2012

By commercesd

We visited the Adante Senior Living facility on the advice of a friend who lives in the area. We are checking out facilities to find a suitable place for our aunt. The rooms in the facility such as the living and meeting rooms were all nicely decorated and home-like. The living quarters offered range from spacious cottages to nicely sized apartments -- all with full amenities to assure a comfortable living environment. There is a theater, chapel, beauty and barber shop, pool room, library, computer lounge, craft room and library - which all of the residents may enjoy. The meals offered look delicious and there is a lot of variety, plus they will provide meals anytime as residents desire them. The same holds true for the snacks which looked flavorful and are offered frequently. Social activity at the facility ranges from quiet time to lively conversation, dances, socials and other gatherings. Friends and family are encouraged to visit frequently. They offer a memory care specialty center, and every need of the residents appears to be handled with a great deal of caring and compassion. A very nice place for seniors of many kinds to live.

Photos of Adante Assisted Living

• Activities Extra: Computer Class, Movie Theater, Painting

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: Assisted Living Type B Large

About Adante Assisted Living

In an upscale Northwest San Antonio neighborhood, Adante San Antonio is the clear choice for today's savvy retirees and their families. Medical services, shopping, restaurants and hospitals are all close by. Convenience is built right in. Adante San Antonio modernizes and redefines the retirement experience. From spacious assisted living apartments to a memory care community, every need is addressed with style and compassion. We have an abundance of comforts, designed for you. In our assisted living you are provided 3 meals a day, weekly housekeeping, all utilities paid excluding telephone, extensive lifestyle program, emergency response system, scheduled transportation, fitness center, heated swimming pool, health & wellness program, library, computer lounge, kitchens, studio, 1 & 2 bedroom apartments designed for your comfort. Simply San Antonio, Absolutely Adante.

Adante sits on 26 wooded acres in NW San Antonio and provides "redefined retirement" for seniors desiring luxury affordable living. Our Resident First philosophy and carefree lifestyle offered at Adante is first class and allows seniors to enjoy their independence while receiving the care they need.

Map of Adante Assisted Living