Vintage Senior Living at Villa Serra - Salinas

1320 Padre Drive, Salinas, CA, 93901

Reviews of Vintage Senior Living at Villa Serra - Salinas

Barbara110886050 August 22, 2015

Vintage Senior Living at Villa Serra was beautiful, and the rooms were very nice, spacious, and clean. The staff was great. They also offered rooms for people who need respite care.

Anonymous106704950 May 13, 2015

They are very nice at Vintage Senior Living, but my father is having a lot of issues, and I do not know if they can help him. The facility is very nice and very clean.

Caring100465250 October 17, 2014

My mom is at Villa Serra. Everything is OK, but the biggest complaint among the residents is the food, because it is horrible, and for what these people are paying this shouldn't be happening. The staff rotates quite a bit, so I am not really familiar with them. They are also very slow to clean up the place. They have arts and crafts, bingo, and Bible study -- the usual stuff, nothing extraordinary. Her apartment is very nice.

Maria32 June 27, 2014

Vintage Senior Living looked more like a hotel when you walked in and saw the front desk. We were able to see one unit that one of the residents let us see, but it was occupied. They were a good size. There was a little kitchen there, but I don't remember seeing appliances besides a refrigerator. It was more like what I can find at a hotel, but it was good. The staff showed us around. It was a nice facility. It looked like a dining area, where there were some people gathering and playing something. I liked that the grounds were nice.

Melissa15 May 27, 2014

Vintage Senior living is a nice community, but it is very expensive. The environment is very homey. It’s not near the ocean, but it’s nice. They have good food, and if you don’t like what they’re having, you can order what you want. You can get a little condo with a bedroom, living room, kitchen, and bathroom. My father was satisfied with the accommodations. I liked the activities, like Bingo, and people come and play music. The residents are nice; the staff are nurturing and helpful. They can improve on having more staff.

Jim77385750 February 28, 2014

The unit at Villa Serra was small. The residents seemed pretty well assisted in their state or present health state. The staff seemed very polite and they seemed very confident. I presumed the meals are good. It was comfortable and for assisted living we thought it was very good.

friendofresident1 August 22, 2013

This facility years ago was excellent, it has gone so far down hill that I would not move a friend or relative of mine there. The food is awful, management has no clue on how to run things and I can understand why people are moving out. Cost goes up but quality does not. My friend is looking to leave and I feel that is the best thing in the world for them.

Caring0723131 July 30, 2013

I've found a facility for my mother which is Villa Serra. I would rate them very highly and they're a really nice facility. They take care of people. All the aids and nurses are very, very friendly. It's a really nice facility.

Lighhtmoment May 10, 2013

This was pretty good value when our mother moved in a few years ago. New ownership (Vintage Senior Living) is eroding the value to residence...clearly to increase profits for shareholders. Long time chef was replaced with disatrous series of food managers. Food went from pretty good to unacceptable over the past two years. A lot of fried food...and poor quality ingrediants. Local management is less competent and tech staff aren't trained well. We would move mom out, but there is a high physical and emotional cost to moving her now that she's a few years older and more frail. We're worried about the future of this place because the quality is still dropping and we're seeing more vacant units. We're very unhappy...and, a bit trapped.

caringdaughter6 November 19, 2012

My father has been a resident at Villa Serra for several years. The staff is friendly and helpful and the residents are presented with many activities. But, as far as I've seen, there are two fireplaces. One in the main lobby where many residents sit during the day and another in a game room/lounge which is often unoccupied. There is only one dining room and the food is ok. The facility seems very safe. The residents have to be willing to seek out activities or company, otherwise they could easily spend most of their time alone.

Caring468689 January 06, 2012

The first impression is this is a Busy and Active environment. The residents will never be bored here. From the moment you walk in the staff is there to greet you with a smile. The staff is professional, well trained and educated. The staff is attentive and accommodating to the residents. The facility is BEAUTIFUL!!! They have gone above and beyond to make this a living environment 2nd to Heaven. The decor is amazing and there is several fire places threw out the common areas. There are several dining halls all bistro style. The menu is well planned and has healthy choices for all diet plans. The staff goes above and beyond to make life here grand. The residents here are living a 5 star resort lives and they are well deserved. There is an active daily calendar of event and activities and the residents seem to be in motion all the time. There is a shuttle for trips if needed. I would place my loved on here, it is one of the best I have seen. You will not go wrong choosing this facility!!!

From Vintage Senior Living at Villa Serra - Salinas

Assisted Living and Independent Senior Living in Salinas, California.

Make yourself at home at Villa Serra in Salinas, California. It's a friendly, flexible environment that celebrates your individuality and nurtures your soul. We recognize that each new resident has a unique lifestyle. So we've tailored solutions to match:

• Independent Living, for our most active seniors
  • A safe, secure environment
  • Compassionate, capable staff
  • Busy days, rewarding activities
  • 3 chef prepared meals daily
  • Scheduled transportation for errands, medical appointments and field trips
  • Friendly people and a sense of community
Shopping and Dining:
  • Extensive fine dining nearby
  • Old Town Salinas features quaint, one-of-a-kind shops
  • Fisherman's Wharf, Cannery Row, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel By The Sea and the Pebble Beach 17-mile Drive are just minutes away
Medical:
  • Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital
  • Natividad Medical Center
Pricing:
  • Villa Serra, a Vintage Senior Living retirement community, offers Independent and Assisted Living starting at $3,395 per month, depending on availability and floor plan.
License # 275294221