Brookdale Salinas

290 Regency Circle, Salinas, CA, 93906

Reviews of Brookdale Salinas

Diane351455 September 07, 2016

I found my mother a place at Brookdale Salinas. It is a nice facility. She's in memory care, and it's kept very clean. She gets a lot of attention, and they keep a very good eye on all their memory care patients. The staff is very attentive and very good about keeping track of the residents, making sure they eat and get their medications. There are three meals a day. My mom is now eating regularly, and she's getting a lot of attention. Her mood seems to be much better.

Anonymous118098250 February 16, 2016

A month ago, we visited Brookdale Salinas for my parents. My mother has dementia and has to go to memory care, and it’s going to be a really hard transition for both to be in memory care since one doesn’t need it. I was hoping that she can go to the regular assisted living with my father, but it looks like that won't happen. If there is something in between, that could be better because they don’t really have couples there. The only problem I have is with the transitioning; I think it’s going to be extremely hard. They are in the middle of a renovation, so it doesn’t look good. I requested brochures from other places, and I liked the way everybody else breaks down pricing, but Brookdale doesn’t have that. They wrote it down on a piece of paper and that seems unprofessional, but I know it was just bought out by Brookdale and maybe they don’t have their paperwork all printed out yet. It’s just hard to compare when they don’t have a price list. They’re highly recommended by everybody, but I really can’t tell price-wise, and I can’t see what it’s going to look like because they’re in the middle of a renovation.

Visitor119242150 January 20, 2016

When you first drive up, Brookdale Salinas appears to be beautiful outside and very well kept, but when you open the door, the carpet is filthy and everything needs to be painted. It was disorganized. They knew we were coming, but the person who gave the tour didn’t know a whole lot about the place other than just showing us a room, which very badly needed painting. We didn’t stay very long because I knew we were not going to live there. I can’t live in that kind of filth. The dining area was the cleanest part of the place, but it was very small. They had a little library that my husband was looking at because he reads a lot, but it, too, was very small. I don’t think we stayed long enough to discuss anything else because she didn’t really know very much.

Jack47 December 10, 2015

Brookdale was OK and seemed clean. The people seemed to be nice and friendly.

denise46 November 29, 2015

Brookdale was very nice and clean. The people were very helpful and very professional. It seemed like the facilities were set up very well for the type of service my mom needed at that time. The rooms were of a good size, and the grounds were very nice, open, and airy. They showed me the calendar of activities and the areas where they do crafts.

Pat114519250 October 29, 2015

I like Brookdale Salinas. The rooms were not as large. The staff was nice and went out of their way more to accommodate me. We had lunch there, and the food is very good. The grounds are very nice, with a wonderful garden, but the place was just expensive.

Jill24 April 18, 2015

Brookdale Salinas was OK, and my mother-in-law is there. I knew a couple of people there, so I felt comfortable. She got her own studio, but I think she needs to be on a lower level as she is on memory care, she is on a third level as she sits on there, and she is no longer in a wheelchair.

Clair2 January 24, 2015

Emeritus is good. They are one of the best in town. My wife is in the dementia care. She can't walk and has to be helped to go anywhere. They have different functions going on and stuff. The rooms are nice. She doesn't use the dining room much because they have it served in her room. She gets served breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and the service is very good. They are doing well. In the other facility, there were three people in a room. Over here we have a separate room, and it is a lot better.

Carl13 November 26, 2014

I was impressed with Emeritus at Harden Ranch. I wouldn't mind if my dad went in there only because there was our nationality there that was taking care of the place, so they can communicate with him very easily. The staff was very helpful and upbeat, very happy people over there. The rooms were very nice. They had activities and certain types of games; they stayed very physical with their patients to keep them vibrant, so I liked that, and my dad likes to walk.

shamid62 November 06, 2013

My mom has been at Emeritus in the memory care community for 2 months now. The transistion was initially VERY difficult (for her and us) but it seems to be getting better. The staff is very nice and seem to be very attentive to all the residents. Unfortunately my mom has a fall within a few weeks and that of course made us feel anxious and apprehensive BUT they've been very good with her. My mom's memory is not getting better but I do feel that she's in the right place. Do I wish I could see how she's doing when I'm not there, of course I do, but I have no reason to not trust that she gets the same care I see when I visit. I would recommend Emeritus to other families struggling with this terrible disease. It's homey, the staff is friendly, they have a lot of activities and they are on a schedule that gives them structure. That is what my mom needed and that is what led us to choose them.

kswift18 October 13, 2012

Overall i think Emeritus at Harden Ranch is a great retirement place for my mother. It has a nice view, fresh open air, the staff are friendly and there's a lot of room. It's close enough for me to visit regularly and it's in a quiet neighbourhood so she won't be waken up in the night. There are quite a few stores and resturants in the area and it'll be really convenient when i have to visit because i can do some shopping shortly after. There's alos several hostpitals close by so if god forbid anything should happen i feel very safe knowing she'll be taken care of. The one downside is that my mother always wanted to retire near a beach. Maybe one day i'll move closer to one and take her with me.

ffranktly February 29, 2012

My stepfather is a current resident. The initial heartburn was from them not wanting to honor an initial quoted price.

I had to fight and write a letter to the corporate office in Seattle to make them honor it.

They also went through a stint were they seemingly didn't care about his hygiene either. But, The change in management with the new facility director has definitely improved our experience.

Now, I'd recommend this facility.

Anonymous16 February 28, 2012

We toured Emeritus of Harden Ranch with my Mother-in-Law in mind. We noticed that it was a very clean and desirable community.

If I could some it up in one word. I'd say it was, Nice.

They had all levels of care there. We were not specifically focused on Memory care, it was readily available.

My mother-in-law is not ready for a move. So, My Sister-in-Law is the full time live in primary caregiver until our circumstances change. But we were really impressed with what Emeritus had to offer.

From Brookdale Salinas

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Salinas