Greystone Farm at Salem

242 Main Street, Salem, NH, 03079

Reviews of Greystone Farm at Salem

WinHow May 30, 2014

I was very impressed with Greystone Farm at Salem. I met with the director, the marketing director, and the director of the memory care unit, and I was very impressed with all three of them. I like the atmosphere because it's homey. People were out and doing things. They were enjoying themselves. I was able to eat there, and their food was delicious, very good. I was very impressed with the young lady who was the director of the memory care unit. She is knowledgeable and caring. She has some understanding of my husband's rare disease. I am very satisfied with what I have seen so far.

Caring65866050 September 25, 2013

I did a complete tour of Greystone Farm at Salem. The facility was clean as a whistle. It was also a much smaller facility, probably somewhere around 50 to 60 residents. They're more compact and yet they seemed to offer everything that the other places offer. Because of its size, everyone seemed to know everybody else, staff and residents. It had a small town feel to the entire place. The residents all seemed to be very happy. The staff and the accommodations were considerably adequate. I met many of their staff and everybody seemed to be most helpful. They even have nurses on board. Aside from assisted living, they also have memory care. I would absolutely recommend this one. I loved it! If I have to decide to move, I would consider this place.

paulaW May 19, 2013

My mother has been a resident of Greystone Farm since Sept 2010. She currently resides in Harbor community which is for Alzheimer's patients. My mother receives excellent care at the wonderful facility. The decor is very cheery, bright and clean. The staff is always welcoming, compassionate and caring. They provide activities for the residents daily, have many special occasion events for family members to attend, and take those able to participate on outings. They have provided my mom with the best care and given my siblings and I peace of mind.

celena April 27, 2013

My husband is in the harbor plan and they take of him with compassion,professionalism and great meals. His pt and ot are given almost every day. His blood work is done on a regular basis. All the people work as a team to provide my husband with top notch care.

Haley1 July 28, 2012

This place is quite shaggy compared to the others I've visited. I think it's in a pretty location despite the fact that my dad is not fond of it. I didn't see most of the things here, most of the time I just sat in the office. My dad mentioned that the rooms were tiny.

The time of our visit was also the time when there's fund raising for the community. The people in this place are community lovers so there were baskets of things for sale in the area where I suppose residents gather around when they're not in there rooms. I would recommend that people should visit this place when there's no fund raising activity; I think it would have a warmer feeling. However, this is a Benchmark facility so I'd be confident that my loved ones would be taken cared of satisfactorily here.

Hi Haley, We would encourage you to contact the Executive Director at the community to schedule another visit. Since you were in the office for most of your visit, we would love for you to really see the community in its entirety and to meet with some of our residents and associates. What makes our communities so special is the people, the care we provide, and the programming we offer. We look forward to hearing from you.

barb79 January 28, 2012

Greystone has a lovely common area and dining area. My relative was in the locked area for patients with dementia which was also sunny and welcoming. The staff were very professional and welcoming and we felt that our relative received competent care in this facility.

charmsicle October 14, 2011

A beautiful area Salem,NH foreseeing a strip of shopping malls and stores along the way. Ajoining the area is Manchester, NH. and Hampton Beach a scenic route to travel with your loved ones staying at the Greystone Assisted living faciliy. Greystone Assisted living is a 3 story large facility on beautiful grounds located conviently for visitors. The staff and lna's that are hired by the facilty are compassionate and loving,seeing the needs of all the assisted living residents. They have beautiful dinning and spacious rooms with a grandfather farm type porch. The inside is victrian style and very well cleaned and secure. The have a secure harbor unit which caters to alzeimers and demencia patients and a very good activities program in a spacious living room for the residents. The food is well served and staff is assigned to residents that need assistance in eating . The grounds outside are kept up constantly and cookouts and holidays are all in order and done with charm and care. I would highly recommend Greystone as it has been a pleasure visiting and experiencing a calming joy knowing my family is in their care.

From Greystone Farm at Salem

Greystone Farm at Salem is a 65-apartment assisted living community offering both traditional assisted living and The Harbor Program, a specialized program for the memory impaired.

Surrounded by natural woodlands in Salem, New Hampshire, Greystone Farm at Salem evokes the serenity of a bygone era. In the country kitchen sits a beautifully restored antique loom, brought here by its original owner, fully restored and now a reminder of a simpler time. Thoughtfully designed apartments and amenities provide a comfortable, familiar feeling of home.

At Greystone Farm, fond memories and traditions are the way of life. Wecome to Greystone Farm at Salem!

Greystone Farm in Salem, offers a full continuum of care including, assisted living, memory care, and end of life care, in other words, the opportunity to "age in place."

Features of Greystone Farm at Salem