Reviews of Osprey Health Care Center
DeborahCWZIA June 10, 2016
I visited this facility
The rooms at Osprey were OK. My mom doesn’t need anything big, so room size was fine, and they looked clean. I observed one of the staff members playing ball with one of the residents. Many other residents were in the dining room watching TV, but my understanding is they offer activities to residents. I know in memory care it was a lockdown situation. The assisted living piece was much more welcoming than the memory care. They were very nice and friendly, but it just seemed like the memory care was kind of forgotten about. The dining room wasn’t as nice.
superwoman2016 April 14, 2016
I am a friend or relative of a resident
Osprey Health Care Center was very lovely and very new. My first impression was that it was nice, so clean, and had lovely grounds. They have several different turnovers in their staff. It is kind of convoluted and disconcerting because the younger staff is really easy-going and don't seem to have a good rapport with some of the residents, but some of them are loving, caring, and wonderful. They seemed to be understaffed, too, in the memory care unit. They also need to train their staff more, and I know they are working on it. The food is wonderful most of the time. They also need more activities because the residents just sit there and kind of stare into space most of the time.
Reviewer118694750 January 23, 2016
I visited this facility
Osprey Health Care Center had a large yard. I like this facility a lot. It had a lot of outdoor space. It had a lot of security and it is closer to my house. They have a bird sanctuary and my dad would like that. They have nice big rooms, they were soundproof and I like that a lot. But it did not look like a home, it looked more like a nursing home. They have a barber shop. The dining areas were nice and big.
From Osprey Health Care Center
Welcome to Osprey Health Care Center
Osprey Health Care Center is a state of the art 72 bed assisted Living facility with a 24-bed memory care unit. Whether you are here for a short-term stay, or you are joining us as a long-term resident. We are delighted to have you with us.
Our dedicated staff work diligently to provide the highest person centered care within a beautifully appointed state of the art secure facility, which is equipped with all the newest safety features available.
Osprey is nestled on a 6-acre tranquil park like setting; abound with lush landscaping, walking paths, a butterfly garden, an aviary, fountains, and a covered pavilion for outdoor gatherings. Imagine wandering the paths with your favorite book in hand and finding a comfortable bench to relax and read while watching the butterflies flitting through the flowers.
Upon entering Osprey you will feel the ambiance that abounds itself from the wide-open floor plan, beautiful comfortable furnishings and the tropical colors. With every attention given to the safety and happiness of our residents. Whether you’re working at one of the many computer stations, staying fit in the state of the art fitness center or enjoying a premier movie in our theatre you will feel the warmth of the care being offered to our residents at Osprey.
- We have in-house home care and therapy. Outside walking grounds with large picnic shelter, shuffleboard and huge aviary.
- We also have a chapel and large library.
- Large selection of in house Doctors including podiatry dermatology and Eye Dr.
- We offer transportation to outside specialist within a 10 mile radius specific days.
- In House beauty and barber shop.
- Our residents wear a GPS band and we have cameras throughout the facility
Assisted Living Care
- Assistance with personal needs including dressing, bathing, and dining
- Licensed nurse available
- Visiting Physician, Podiatrist, Physical Therapist, and Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Personal Care Plan & Medication management
- Trained staff on-site 24 hours per day
- Personal care assistance around the clock
- Ongoing monitoring of residents’ health status
- Three nutritious chef prepared meals served daily
- Snacks and beverages available throughout the day
- Daily activity programs, events and outings
- Continence care
- Handicap accessibility
- Emergency response system
Osprey’s Memory Care unit is specifically designed for those that are living with cognitive challenges brought on by Alzheimer’s or Dementia. We have designed our memory care unit to allow our residents to move freely about, even venturing out into a secure park with walking paths. Our outside pavilion encourages our residents to spend time outside whether they are reading, chatting, or enjoying a snack.
The 312 sq. f.t suites are spacious with beautiful finishes (they do not include a kitchenette) each room is equipped with a touch screen computer for resident use, this can help enhance their tactile experiences. Family members can add their own music, pictures, or movies. Memory boxes are located outside each resident suite for easy identification of their suite.
Our staff are trained in the concept of creating daily moments of success, and the promise of offering unique opportunities for our residents to find happiness and meaning that supports their very unique needs. Osprey’s beliefs are deeply rooted in providing person centered care, which focuses on sustained feelings of purpose, belonging, and a sense of self.
Thank you for your interest at Osprey Health Care Center. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.
What Makes Us Special
Osprey Health Care Center provides Person Centered Care, with respect for individual preferences in a secure, supportive and inviting home. We are privately owned Senior Living community that offers all-inclusive fees.
Features of Osprey Health Care Center
Technology and entertainment
- Cable TV in resident's rooms
- Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas
- Medication Management
- Psychiatric care
- Skilled nursing
- Physical therapy
- 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
- Hospice care
Room and housing options
- Studio apartments
- Beauty/Barber shop
- TV room
- Gardens/outside patio
- Parking for residents
- 24-hour security gate
- Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar)
- Shared space where residents can host parties
- Arts, woodworking, craft
- Organized offsite activities (outings, etc)
- Religious services
- Lectures and discussions
- Book clubs
- Guests can attend meals
- Ample parking for guests
- Laundry service for clothes
- Laundry service for linens
- Meals in a shared dining room
- Pets: Small pets allowed
- Monthly rent is all inclusive
- Minimum rate: $3,200/month
- Minimum memory care rate: $4,200/month
- We help families understand VA benefits
- We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
- State License(s): AL12498
Location of Osprey Health Care Center
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities