Brookdale Bay Pines

9797 Bay Pines Blvd, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33708

Reviews of Brookdale Bay Pines

Caring102805350 February 19, 2015

The room at Bay Pines wasn't nearly as nice as the one I have now, but it wasn't bad. The food was a little better than average. The staff was very good. I thought the staff was excellent. They have a bus that takes us around. They take us to different places or wherever they were needed. The facility is relatively a small affair. I think there were maybe 75 people there, and it wasn't very large.

Caring96015150 October 25, 2014

I went to Freedom Inn at Bay Pines for a visit, and it's a very nice facility. Everything is nice, but it's also on a busy street. I would recommend this facility if they are OK with a place that is on a busy street.

Caring95957450 October 16, 2014

Freedom Inn is where my son is. But it was so expensive; everything is gone initially. They did initial fee to go in and that everything they do, shower, helping you with anything, the first one they went in it was $1785. He was supposed to be in a room by himself. When we got there and moved him in, it was a shared room and the other apartment had taken over the bathroom completely. I called the director immediately; that was not satisfactory. So I went downstairs on the first floor, we’ve had another $100, and I said that was alright. And the last thing I got was to cover it was $3292, and they had $466 for September for services. I was very upset so I went to them and I said I want a detailed. I really liked the facility I just was as shocked by the money.

I chose this place as it is a beautiful facility. It’s like a lobby; in fact you will think you are in North Carolina when you go to the doors. It’s clean, it smells good, the dining room is beautiful to eat in, big high ceilings, and there’s a lot of windows, so it’s very airy, and everywhere you looked there are places where the patients can sit or sit in the wheelchair. They’ve got huge TVs everywhere, a library, and a barbershop. I couldn’t get him to shower; he was living in a really bad situation, and now he goes and he gets to put in that chair and leans back and he rubs his head, message and she washes, shampoos his hair and get some haircut, he just loves it. He said the food is outstanding. We ate there for four days because the room mixed up happen to come on the weekend. This place is beautiful, his room is beautiful, and he looks outside on an inner courtyard. He has a bathroom to die for. If you have ever been in a real fancy hotel and been in the handicapped room at all, his floor is white tile and it kind of goes down to a little slope and you don’t have to climb over everything; he just opens the drape, big closets, a big screen TV, furniture in. It is private, there is no Medicare, and that kind of shocked me, I got no help. The colors make you feel good. The staff was friendly and helpful. It’s kind of slim on the weekend; the staff isn’t there if you want to talk about billing. During the week they had something going on. They had a nice bus and they took 11 of them to a baseball game. They gave him a hat, T-shirt, popcorn, a hotdog, and I was so pleased as he couldn’t get over it. They had a man come in who played a keyboard and got them to sing and we clapped our hands. Outside they have a huge veranda, they must have cables that will fit maybe, they're nice, maybe 8 people to a table, they have umbrella over it, they have swings setup, and they have a fire pit, so they have cook outs. They take them to doctor’s appointment. They have a chef, they get a menu, and they can get coffee 24/7 since they have coffee makers in there. I can’t say enough about it, it’s just kind of expensive, but it’s really nice.

Caring83622550 May 31, 2014

I've been to Freedom Inn. They're spacious. The staff was very nice. I would brighten the place up a little bit with newer paint.

Sharon83337450 May 20, 2014

The food was good at Freedom Inn at Bay Pines when I was there, but the chef is no longer there, so I couldn’t tell if it's still the same. The young lady I spoke with was very nice, but I had to put her in her place because at first she talked to me like I was either 6 years old or demented. The rooms were very nice. I think they have two people share a room. They each have their own bedroom, but they share a living room and kitchen. There is no door between the two rooms, and then the person who is in the big room has no privacy. They have a lot of activities, and I am sure it would be a great place to live.

Caring77416350 February 26, 2014

Freedom Inn at Bay Pines is right across the street from a hospital. Very small facility, convenient to the hospital and to the new Wal-Mart. As far as Freedom Inn is concerned, it was good. The staff is very good. The women waitresses were good and there was a young lady there at the desk that is superb. She couldn’t be better. The rooms were small. I would think it would be more appropriate for one person. We have two and we need a 2-bedroom apartment and it’s just a little too small for us. It’s a very good thing but it’s just not what we need.

Lisa46 November 28, 2013

I choose Freedom Inn for my cousin because of its size, it is not too large; the amenities that they provide for the residents; and the cost. They are almost half the price of any facility that I look in the Pennsylvania area, which is close where I am living and which where I want her to be if she's going to leave Florida. I had the opportunity to eat a few meals when I was down there last week to make sure she moves in and the food is very well. I wanted to make sure they had nice portions and not a lot of salt. Every staff member that I meet when I am down there is professional, pleasant and friendly. It looks like they have a fair amount of activities and they have quite a few outings that you can sign up for. They have regular classes. One of the things that I really liked is that they have a small physical therapy on site. When you get to that age category, you're going to need a little tune up here and there. The fact that it is in the facility is a huge plus.

The facility is clean and because it is small with less than eighty apartments, I think it is homey. The apartments have different sizes and my cousin chose a medium size, which is a studio apartment. It is definitely spacious enough with a nice sized bathroom nicely set up for ADA disability. There are grab bars in the shower and a nice toilet. I will definitely recommend this facility to others.

LovelyLady000091 November 23, 2013

We are pretty close to signing a deal with Freedom Inn for my mom. It is reasonably priced. I liked that it's a small and compact. It's easy to get to all the different areas. There's a courtyard in the middle and a hair salon on site. The food is very good, too. It's close to the VA hospital, so that when my dad is released it will still be close to his primary source of care which is the VA Medical Center. The staff is very friendly, helpful, and was able to answer all the questions I had and provided the information that I needed. The room's about average. It was freshly painted and carpeted. They offered to make some accommodations to the room which is actually 2 studio rooms that share a bathroom. They're making it into a 1 unit for them and they've offered to cut a door between the 2 suites.

John72737750 October 28, 2013

I did visit Freedom Inn. The layout of the place was nice. They have a nice dining room and a nice enclosed patio area. The staff was good. They were forthcoming though. When I told them why I didn't pick them, that their rooms looked like hotel rooms, they agreed. They did say that it was the most common complaints they have. I also met with the head chef. He was more than happy to drag us into the kitchen and show us anything we want.

aljmcc October 23, 2012

Freedom Inn at Bay Pines is a friendly, cheerful place that is currently undergoing a huge cosmetic rennovation of the public areas. The dining room, lobby, front porch, gardens, and public rooms are being enlarged, repainted, and redecorated. All resident rooms have recently been repainted and doors and windows replaced and updated. It has been modernized in color and design, and is an attractive facility. The staff knows every resident's name, their likes and dislikes, and their family members. I am greeted each time I visit, and the staff knows who I am there to see. The staff is friendly, professional, and accommodating of special requests... we have made such diverse requests as boxed lunches to go when heading off to doctor's appointments, to the borrowing of tools like hammers and tape measures for hanging pictures while moving furniture. The medications are monitored, the residents are checked on 12 times a day, and there are a whole raft of activities and gatherings planned for residents. They range from crafts and puzzles to movie showings, song times, and cooking classes. The meals in the dining room at top notch!My grandmother has been a resident at Freedom Inn at Bay Pines for quite some time now, and has enjoyed the food, the people, and the atmosphere. We are very happy to have her at this assisted living facility.

commercesd May 03, 2012

The Freedom Inn at Bay Pines assisted living facility looked really well-kept from the outside as we drove up. I was helping a friend find a suitable place to live for his mother. The main foyer had a lovely receiving area, much like a quaint motel.

The dining areas had cathedral ceilings that offered many food options. have many options. From more intimate to communal dining, residents can choose whatever they like - in addition to hosting guests in their own spaces.

The menu choices looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks - offered continually. The food looked and smelled like what you would find in upscale restaurants.

The living suites were offered in a variety of really nice options. They were also beautifully decorated. Each unit had individually controlled temperatures. We could see that my friend's mother would be comfortable in any one of them.

The activity calendar featured many healthy and stimulating activities. We liked that the staff encourages participation and tries to make everything interesting for its residents. They have many fun outings to local libraries, events, culture, restaurants, shopping and other local activities.

The staff was very friendly an accommodating and the facility has everything their residents need to live a vibrant life, with just the right kind of care for each individual.

From Brookdale Bay Pines

Brookdale Bay Pines provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Bay Pines

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Bay Pines