Brentwood

6280 Central Ave, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33707

Reviews of Brentwood

Fergiepie February 11, 2015

Worse place I ever put my Father. He was neglected and dirty everyone I came to visit. The staff was running around because they were short. The nurse walked out on his shift. I took my Father out right away. It looks amazing but one he was in, it was a nightmare.

Caring96015150 October 25, 2014

Brentwood Senior Living is a very nice place, but very expensive. For people who can afford to live there, I think it would be a very nice place. The staff that I met was very friendly.

Ruth29 March 30, 2014

Brentwood Senior Living Community in Saint Petersburg is smaller than where my mother was, so it is a little bit more intimate; people know each other a little bit more. I really liked the staff when I was there. Their attitude was great, they were happy; pretty much everyone there was in a good mood every time I went to visit, and the cost was very reasonable. She likes the food better there than where she had been before. They have a lot of activities, but my mom is not really a big joiner. She only does the fitness exercises they have every morning.

John76446050 February 13, 2014

I was impressed with Brentwood and it seemed very new. I was also impressed with the staff. The room that we looked at was a studio and I thought that was very nice. They have assisted living and memory care facilities.

John72737750 October 28, 2013

We moved my mom at Brentwood in the second week of August. This is our choice because they are well laid-out. I thought that would best suit our needs. That facility I feel was the best. The food they serve here is pretty high quality and that is also something that my mom strives for. Rooms are average. Some of the facilities I looked at, all the rooms were of the same size. They were all apartment-sized. However, with Brentwood, they have what I call "easy entry" shower in their rooms because it is all one-level. Whereas others I saw, you have to step into it, and since my mother was a stroke victim, it is hard for her to step over and stuff like that. The staff members are all pretty friendly and knowledgeable. They know their residents. They also offer pretty much standard activities, e.g., cards, bingo, movie nights, entertainments, cookouts, etc. They have a chili cooking contest. Their activities are pretty well rounded. They also have scheduled tours, shopping tours, and then they have mystery tours where no one knows where they're going until they get there.

pasadena123 September 12, 2012

The memory support unit, while it looks nice, is severely understaffed and residents do not receive the level of care that the facility touts itself as providing. My parent was in this unit for over 6 months and every time I visited which was frequent, the residents were ither unattended, unengaged or worse: wet or dirty. Their idea of activities are to have the residents sit in the TV room with aan activities direstor who tries to lead them all through th same activity whether they want it, can do it or even care. There is no appropriate dementita related activites that are related to the residents ability or interest level. Staff is severely untrained in behaviors of dementia and the appropraite ways to interect with people with dementia. I moved my parent out of there and would never recommend the facility.

brought my parent home August 06, 2012

My parent was in the memory Support Unit and was mistreated by the staff when they were there at all. We saw many of the residents left dirty and wearing the same clothes day after day. Staff is severely undertrained and often they take breaks and left residents completely unattended. UTI's, bruises and open sores were numerous and vulnerable residents were pushed into wheelchairs and left sitting in their own waste for hours. It is OK for assisted living IF they can take care of themselves - not for higher level care. Reported to state.

Lisa010 May 09, 2012

I liked the facility, although some of the nurses were not as caring about the residents as others.

About Brentwood

Brentwood is an assisted living facility in Saint Petersburg, FL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Brentwood for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Brentwood