Arbor Oaks at Tyrone

1701 68th Street, North, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33710

Reviews of Arbor Oaks at Tyrone

Caring96015150 October 22, 2014

Arbor Oaks at Tyrone is a nice facility. The staff is fine and friendly. Everything about is clean, but it's on a busy street. I don’t think it would be a good fit for my husband. There's just too much coming and going there. I would recommend this facility to anywhere who wants to live there.

Daisy Green September 01, 2014

I visited Arbor Oaks because my uncle was there (he recently passed away), and I was very impressed. It does not look like a senior home, more like a pretty hotel with old world charm, including warm, friendly staff. The Director is extremely obliging;, the beveled glass, art deco ice cream parlor, and quaint library room all make this a delightful experience for visitors and residents. My uncle never complained about the service. He was allowed to keep his room the way he wanted, had a good size private bath and caring, sensitive nursing help. I actually stayed there for 5 days, living in the room my uncle had occupied, and the experience changed my mind for the better about assisted living.

Caring82832350 July 19, 2014

We placed my father in Arbor Oaks last February, but he passed away a few weeks ago. It was a clean and nice facility. It wasn't a hospital setting. It was more of a hotel room. He has his own bathroom in his room. I thought the staff was very attentive. When we visited, they were always on top of things. They seemed to address everybody as individuals, and he was well taken care of. We were able to eat lunch there, and the food was horrible. He didn't like it, and I don't care for it. It was institutional food. However, the dining area looked just like a restaurant and I was really pleased with it.

Grateful daughter and son May 12, 2014

Our mother was a resident for 17 months until she died May 2nd. My brother and I feel she received outstanding care under the direction of Susanne. Mom’s care presented a variety of challenges to her and the staff, all of which were met beyond our expectations. We slept infinitely better during this past year, knowing that she was being handled by this not only competent, but kind and generous staff.
Susanne sets high standards and creates the caring, professional environment that her staff clearly respects and endorses. The consistency, close attention residents receive and warm, cheerful attitude that is so evident at Arbor Oaks are an undeniable testament to the quality of her leadership. Towards the end Arbor was fully cooperative with Hospice as well, which I know from past experience at other places, is not always the case. We will ever be grateful that our mother spent her last months under their care.

Bryan1 April 25, 2014

Arbor Oaks is small, and I like the way it was run. The rooms are nice, and the staff is very accommodating. They treat the residents like family. They have activities throughout the day, morning, afternoon, and evening, every day. They have entertainment, games, ice cream socials, and all sorts of stuff.

Lisa37 September 30, 2013

I have a relative in Arbor Oaks at Tyrone. The location of this facility is close to the family. The facility itself, I think, is of good size. It always looks clean when we go and visit my relative there. The staff seems to be really nice. As far as the food, we did go there for a celebration that they had one time and we actually ate there, and it was really good. However, I'm not sure about that on the day-to-day basis. They do have activities for their residents but I don't know how much my relative participates because she has dementia.

Elana2 September 27, 2013

I liked Arbor Oaks because it's close to my house. I think the care that my dad is getting there is good. He has only been there for about two or three weeks. The room that he has is small, but it's okay. And also one thing I do like specifically about this facility is that my dad is in the memory care unit and he had direct access to the outdoors. There is a very safe-sensed walk out in the back and that is very good. He can go outside as much as he wants to.

Robert O February 01, 2013

My parents were in respite care at Arbor Oaks at Tyrone for approximately one month. Our family found Arbor Oaks to be a well managed, caring facility. The staff was warm, welcoming, and attentive. The facility was well maintained. The meals were superb. The administrative staff were personable, professional, efficient, and accomodating. The health and well being of my patrents were their primary concern. I would not hesitate to have a family member reside there again. I give Arbor Oaks at Tyrone five stars.

HughB January 31, 2013

My parents were at Arbor Oaks Tyrone. They both passed, but I was very satisfied with the care they received. The lady that ran the place was very nice. Everything went fine.

Caring9747 July 24, 2012

The facility is a little too big for my Mom's taste. That was her initial impression but she's old and has dementia so it's not surprising that she was a little overwhelmed by it. It's a very clean facility. The staff there seemed concerned for all of the residents. I find the facility very secured for someone who has dementia.

escowler June 22, 2012

My grandmother lives at Arbor Oaks. I feel comfortable that she is well cared for and attended to. The caregivers, food service folks, and maintenance staff are great. The facility is clean and comfortable. There could be a bit greater variety in the activities provided but then most of the residents don't really need much more than is being provided.

Martha Bracewell May 24, 2012

My dad has lived at Arbor Oaks for more than 7 years. I couldn't be happier with the care he receives and the love and concern the staff shows him and the other residents there. He is truly at home there.

Karen Watkins May 03, 2012

My Mother and neighbor have been at Arbor Oaks for over 5 years and I have always been impressed with the care given to them. If you want a safe, clean and well run building for your loved ones, look no further than Arbor Oaks.

2bwright May 01, 2012

My Mom has been at Arbor Oaks for several years now. I cant say enough good things about the facility and the staff...

Toodlebug April 25, 2012

My father has been at Arbor Oaks for almost 2 yrs. We looked at several ALF before coming to Arbor Oaks. The minute that we walked into Arbor Oaks we could feel the warmth and caring come through. I felt that "warm fuzzy feeling" that was not present at the other Facilities. All the Staff from the Director to all the caregivers are very caring and really do have the residents well being as a priority. God Bless all of them for doing such a caring and wonderful job!!

Charlann April 24, 2012

I recently moved my mother to this wonderful facility.
The staff has been ever so helpful, addressing my concerns and making sure my mother is happy there. I just can't say enough praise for the beauty of the facility and for the people who work there. Thank you all. Charlann Mason

tampabayCNA January 17, 2012

In Tyrone, a segmented area of St Pete FL, there is a large scale ALF called arbor Oaks. Once you pull up to this building you notice how well manicured the lawn is. Once you enter the building and sign in through the front desk, you almost get the feeling of being in an older hotel. The lobby is clean and fairly simple with a common sitting area. This facility is home to about 100 residents and it is busy with activity. While I was there, I noticed a presentation being given for the residents. A bunch of them had gathered for some music and snacks. The building had a very fresh smell throughout. The residents rooms seemed pretty much private and well maintained. The meals served in the common dinning area was served with the choice of two options. They do pay special attention to diet restrictions. The staff seemed helpful and happy at that. There was plenty of parking available.

condo gal September 22, 2011

I researched several assited living facilities that could move the resident to the Alzheimer unit when needed. This was the only secure unit I could find with a fenced in courtyard for the residents to get out in nice weather. The staff is phenominal and the manager treats you like her own family and is truly the most compassionate and caring person I have met. The facility is clean and the residents are treated with respect and kept busy with whatever activities they can handle. It is not a storage unit for the residents as I found a lot of them were. The residents in wheelchairs are moved from the living room and dining room at appropriate times so they do have activity going on in their presence. I can't say enough about the staff and management and would recommend this facility for assisted living and especially dementia patients.

About Arbor Oaks at Tyrone

Arbor Oaks at Tyrone is an assisted living facility in Saint Petersburg, FL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Arbor Oaks at Tyrone for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Arbor Oaks at Tyrone

• Psychiatric care
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Licenses: AL9299

• Financial guidance extra: We just help you to understand the benefits and will work with you to assist
  • We help families understand VA benefits