Allegro | St. Petersburg, FL

4600 54th Ave S, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33711

Reviews of Allegro | St. Petersburg, FL

Caring84438050 June 10, 2014

Allegro is clean, fancy, and attractive. It’s very nicely decorated. The food is good, but it’s not very useful because a lot of people there are on special diets. I think they need more people who are able to assist the residents. The people who worked with my mom-in-law are very nice, but it’s really difficult to get somebody that can assist her and do the things she needs done during the day. I don’t think she has gotten the care that she needs, she has gotten worse since she has been there.

Caring82862950 April 26, 2014

Allegro is where my mother spent five months. She was first in the skilled nursing, and then she moved to respite care, and then from respite, she stayed in the same room, but she was there as assisted living.

She was very, very close to her home. The facility is so beautiful, and her room was adequate. There were some issues, but we worked through them. The activities were wonderful. She was part of everything. She played bridge when she was capable. They had a little hair salon there that she still goes to, even now that she's home. They had trips to museums and to plays, and that was wonderful. They have a wonderful woman who plans their activities, and she does a very, very good job.

They have a beautiful dining room, beautiful facilities, and the people who were servers that were there were just fabulous, but the nursing aides and the non-existent nursing care was where they really fell down bad.

I was there two months at a time and was with her every day for two months, easily, as were my sisters at other times. The only time I ever got a call back was when I called in January to say that she would be there till the 1st of February and then we were taking her home. That was the only time anybody was ever concerned with us because she was leaving. They were trying to talk us out of having her at home.

I gave them a list of things that had gone on that they should check into. They never, ever sent a follow-up questionnaire, a follow-up survey, a follow-up letter. Their nursing aides sit around on their rear ends on the phone all day long instead of helping people. When my mom really needed help, they were sleeping and getting paid for it. They were missing the care component. Everything looked just beautiful, and people act so caring when you are getting ready to sign on the dotted line, and then as soon as you do, it's like they fold up the tent and they leave.

Roger4 April 30, 2013

I did all my looking initially online and visited. The food was excellent. It is much smaller, but it's a nice facility. They don't have as many activities obviously because they are a much smaller facility. They're very neat and clean. Everybody was very nice and friendly. We talked to some of the people that lived there about the staff and the facility and they spoke very highly of them. The waitress we had that day has been there for many years. It seemed like a very warm, friendly and family-type atmosphere.

About Allegro

Allegro is an assisted living facility in Saint Petersburg, FL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Allegro for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Allegro