Summit Hill Senior Living

1824 Old Hudson Road, Saint Paul, MN, 55119

Reviews of Summit Hill Senior Living

Average Rating:

white@fl February 09, 2016

My mother lived there for the past 2 years after dealing with the bed bugs for two months and the director Heather waiting too long to deal with the issue. We decided my mother needed to move right away. This place has a huge turn over with staff. Medication given hours late. Heather is so rude she doesn't need to be over a facitly with the elder. If you care about your love ones this is not the place

Bedbugssummithill February 06, 2016

First off I don't know what was worse the bedbugs or the late medications mom got.....probably the bedbugs cause after 4 professional treatments we gave up and moved.....this is a horrible place......the residence manager is heartless..btw her name is heather...4 years there but the last 6 months was bedbug nation.......renter be warned

Customer123 August 21, 2015

I lived at Summit Hill for less than a year. This building was an old hotel that they " renovated ". When you first go in the building, it looks nice. However, when you start looking closer, you can see how snotty the renovation was done. The windows are old and let in cold air in the winter. You can actually feel the air moving through them. Other residents complained that when it rains, the windows leak. The building also smells musty and moldy in certain areas. The elevators are old and constantly "out of order". The roof leaks as evident in the water marks on ceiling tiles in the community room. The ownership is not willing to put any money into the building. They don't care . The head nurse is horrible and doesn't seem to know what she is doing. Promises are made and rarely kept. Many residents are moving out or looking for other arrangements. I'm glad I did! DO NOT bother with this place, it's not a healthy environment.

disappointedd July 02, 2015

My family is disappointed in the level of care my father received there. I am not convinced that the nursing staff is properly trained. the care staff do not seem to display more than the minimum compassion required level compassion for the residence. if dad had more money maybe they would care more. We are actively looking elsewhere. save your time and money. skip this one

MorganL June 09, 2015

This facility was an old converted hotel. At first, this facility seems nice and fresh. However, it quickly became obvious that many of the renovations were just cosmetic. The windows are old. In the winter months, they frost over with thick ice! In the summer, they leak when it rains. It smells musty in many areas of the building. Even more alarming is the call system the building uses. I can't tell you how many times this system has gone down. This leaves residents in jeopardy! Residents have been told they are "working on getting a new system" but it never happens. Also, the area is a little suspect. It doesn't appear to be a real safe area to put your loved one.

Caring107851750 March 18, 2015

Summit Hill Senior Living is a revamped hotel, and it's all been remodeled. Everything seems great. As far as level of care, I would have to give it average. They need to improve on responsiveness and attentiveness. They were prompt and pleasant to get me in; they made it quick and easy. Once my father-in-law moved in, I didn't think he was getting the care he needed. Their maintenance is fine, but as far as their housekeeping, I am not satisfied.

Carmal February 25, 2015

I thought it was a very nice setup, it was clean, the people are friendly, and I liked it. They gave me a tour and assessed my mother that day. It seemed like a good place so far. We chose Summit Hill because it was close to where I wanted her to be. I liked the way they care. I can see my mother everyday, I can even spend the night with her, and I can bring her out if I like. They have enough people to care for them. She hasn't started yet, but she will be moving in there on March 2nd, but so far, so good. I can trust them that she can be safe.

Bethalicia1 October 06, 2014

While Summit Hill may look very nice visually inside...The care is not. Most of the staff is uncaring, they forget or choose not to disburse pills. My friend pressed he cal/help button that she carries around her neck and it took them 4 hours before anyone ever even came to her room. When Sandra who is in charge of nursing was informed about the situations she was rude and quickly dismissed the situation with no response as to why these MAJOR errors had happened. She said the he assistant would need to be contacted not her. This place is horrible!

abecarol July 31, 2013

My aunt is at Summit Hill. When we go to this place, we are very impressed and glad it worked out well. The staff is very nice and they have good care. Her room is very nice, spacious and clean. She has a private bath and has her own furniture. She also loves the food and they have their own dining area for each floor. They have activities there. She is safe there because it is locked and to get in you need a code.

Linda25 November 17, 2012

Summit Hill have smaller apartments, but it's gorgeous. It used to be a hotel and it's been converted into an assisted living and memory care. Decor is beautiful, dining room was top shelf, and the kitchen was beautiful. I just met two people there and they did seem to be very nice. Their common areas were gorgeous, but I didn't care for the rooms. They're too small.

About Summit Hill Senior Living

Summit Hill Senior Living is an assisted living facility in Saint Paul, MN that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Summit Hill Senior Living for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Summit Hill Senior Living