Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Summit Hill Senior Living

Posted by MorganL June 09, 2015
1.0

This facility was an old converted hotel. At first, this facility seems nice and fresh. However, it quickly became obvious that many of the renovations were just cosmetic. The windows are old. In the winter months, they frost over with thick ice! In the summer, they leak when it rains. It smells musty in many areas of the building. Even more alarming is the call system the building uses. I can't tell you how many times this system has gone down. This leaves residents in jeopardy! Residents have been told they are "working on getting a new system" but it never happens. Also, the area is a little suspect. It doesn't appear to be a real safe area to put your loved one.

Posted by Caring107851750 March 18, 2015
3.0

Summit Hill Senior Living is a revamped hotel, and it's all been remodeled. Everything seems great. As far as level of care, I would have to give it average. They need to improve on responsiveness and attentiveness. They were prompt and pleasant to get me in; they made it quick and easy. Once my father-in-law moved in, I didn't think he was getting the care he needed. Their maintenance is fine, but as far as their housekeeping, I am not satisfied.

Posted by Carmal February 25, 2015
4.0

I thought it was a very nice setup, it was clean, the people are friendly, and I liked it. They gave me a tour and assessed my mother that day. It seemed like a good place so far. We chose Summit Hill because it was close to where I wanted her to be. I liked the way they care. I can see my mother everyday, I can even spend the night with her, and I can bring her out if I like. They have enough people to care for them. She hasn't started yet, but she will be moving in there on March 2nd, but so far, so good. I can trust them that she can be safe.

Posted by Bethalicia1 October 06, 2014
1.0

While Summit Hill may look very nice visually inside...The care is not. Most of the staff is uncaring, they forget or choose not to disburse pills. My friend pressed he cal/help button that she carries around her neck and it took them 4 hours before anyone ever even came to her room. When Sandra who is in charge of nursing was informed about the situations she was rude and quickly dismissed the situation with no response as to why these MAJOR errors had happened. She said the he assistant would need to be contacted not her. This place is horrible!

Posted by abecarol July 31, 2013

My aunt is at Summit Hill. When we go to this place, we are very impressed and glad it worked out well. The staff is very nice and they have good care. Her room is very nice, spacious and clean. She has a private bath and has her own furniture. She also loves the food and they have their own dining area for each floor. They have activities there. She is safe there because it is locked and to get in you need a code.

Posted by Linda25 November 17, 2012
3.0

Summit Hill have smaller apartments, but it's gorgeous. It used to be a hotel and it's been converted into an assisted living and memory care. Decor is beautiful, dining room was top shelf, and the kitchen was beautiful. I just met two people there and they did seem to be very nice. Their common areas were gorgeous, but I didn't care for the rooms. They're too small.

Location of Summit Hill Senior Living