Summit Hill Senior Living

Reviews of Summit Hill Senior Living

3.4

February 08, 2016

By white@fl

My mother lived there for the past 2 years after dealing with the bed bugs for two months and the director Heather waiting too long to deal with the issue. We decided my mother needed to move right away. This place has a huge turn over with staff. Medication given hours late. Heather is so rude she doesn't need to be over a facitly with the elder. If you care about your love ones this is not the place

February 06, 2016

By Bedbugssummithill

First off I don't know what was worse the bedbugs or the late medications mom got.....probably the bedbugs cause after 4 professional treatments we gave up and moved.....this is a horrible place......the residence manager is heartless..btw her name is heather...4 years there but the last 6 months was bedbug nation.......renter be warned

August 20, 2015

By Customer123

I lived at Summit Hill for less than a year. This building was an old hotel that they " renovated ". When you first go in the building, it looks nice. However, when you start looking closer, you can see how snotty the renovation was done. The windows are old and let in cold air in the winter. You can actually feel the air moving through them. Other residents complained that when it rains, the windows leak. The building also smells musty and moldy in certain areas. The elevators are old and constantly "out of order". The roof leaks as evident in the water marks on ceiling tiles in the community room. The ownership is not willing to put any money into the building. They don't care . The head nurse is horrible and doesn't seem to know what she is doing. Promises are made and rarely kept. Many residents are moving out or looking for other arrangements. I'm glad I did! DO NOT bother with this place, it's not a healthy environment.

July 02, 2015

By disappointedd

My family is disappointed in the level of care my father received there. I am not convinced that the nursing staff is properly trained. the care staff do not seem to display more than the minimum compassion required level compassion for the residence. if dad had more money maybe they would care more. We are actively looking elsewhere. save your time and money. skip this one

June 09, 2015

By MorganL

This facility was an old converted hotel. At first, this facility seems nice and fresh. However, it quickly became obvious that many of the renovations were just cosmetic. The windows are old. In the winter months, they frost over with thick ice! In the summer, they leak when it rains. It smells musty in many areas of the building. Even more alarming is the call system the building uses. I can't tell you how many times this system has gone down. This leaves residents in jeopardy! Residents have been told they are "working on getting a new system" but it never happens. Also, the area is a little suspect. It doesn't appear to be a real safe area to put your loved one.

March 18, 2015

Summit Hill Senior Living is a revamped hotel, and it's all been remodeled. Everything seems great. As far as level of care, I would have to give it average. They need to improve on responsiveness and attentiveness. They were prompt and pleasant to get me in; they made it quick and easy. Once my father-in-law moved in, I didn't think he was getting the care he needed. Their maintenance is fine, but as far as their housekeeping, I am not satisfied.

February 25, 2015

By Carmal

I thought it was a very nice setup, it was clean, the people are friendly, and I liked it. They gave me a tour and assessed my mother that day. It seemed like a good place so far. We chose Summit Hill because it was close to where I wanted her to be. I liked the way they care. I can see my mother everyday, I can even spend the night with her, and I can bring her out if I like. They have enough people to care for them. She hasn't started yet, but she will be moving in there on March 2nd, but so far, so good. I can trust them that she can be safe.

October 06, 2014

By Bethalicia1

While Summit Hill may look very nice visually inside...The care is not. Most of the staff is uncaring, they forget or choose not to disburse pills. My friend pressed he cal/help button that she carries around her neck and it took them 4 hours before anyone ever even came to her room. When Sandra who is in charge of nursing was informed about the situations she was rude and quickly dismissed the situation with no response as to why these MAJOR errors had happened. She said the he assistant would need to be contacted not her. This place is horrible!

July 30, 2013

By abecarol

My aunt is at Summit Hill. When we go to this place, we are very impressed and glad it worked out well. The staff is very nice and they have good care. Her room is very nice, spacious and clean. She has a private bath and has her own furniture. She also loves the food and they have their own dining area for each floor. They have activities there. She is safe there because it is locked and to get in you need a code.

November 16, 2012

By Linda25

Summit Hill have smaller apartments, but it's gorgeous. It used to be a hotel and it's been converted into an assisted living and memory care. Decor is beautiful, dining room was top shelf, and the kitchen was beautiful. I just met two people there and they did seem to be very nice. Their common areas were gorgeous, but I didn't care for the rooms. They're too small.

Photos of Summit Hill Senior Living

Features of Summit Hill Senior Living

• Minimum Memory Cost: $2500/month

• Pets: Pets Limit 30 Pounds

About Summit Hill Senior Living

At Summit Hill Senior Living we work with you to learn what your needs are, whether you are best fit for assisted living or memory care we are there to deliver your individual needs.

Summit Hill Senior Living has an abundance of amenities that you can look through as you pick the best options that fit your personal needs. Our team will help you to customize your individualized service program to create a perfect fit for you in your new home!

ASSISTED LIVING

As an assisted living resident at Summit Hill Senior Living, you will enjoy a comfortable, engaging lifestyle that includes a safe and secure environment. Our team is committed to learning and delivering on what your specific needs are. Our seniors quickly learn that our staff is dedicated to making you feel at home. We provide assistance with healthcare, personal care, household tasks, and planning of social and recreational events. Our seniors receive the quality care they deserve while maintaining their independence.

At Summit Hill Senior Living, located in St. Paul, MN, assisted living residents to enjoy freshly cook home-cooked meals every day. Our residents look forward to their daily meals because they are delicious and our staff serves our seniors so they can enjoy their meal times with their friends in our dining area. We have a chef on staff 7 days per week, where 3 scrumptious and tasteful meals are offered each day.

Our Activity Director partners with our residents to learn specific interests and requests to build an engaging and fun Monthly Activity Calendar that allows all seniors to participate in events that they have helped transpire! Our seniors love participating in our activities because we ensure our activities cater to their requests and that each activity builds enjoyable memories amongst our community.

Our staff and management team collaborate together to ensure our residents have a wide variety of activities that range from, live musical performances, celebrating birthdays and holidays, and recreational and educational programs. Summit Hill Senior Living also has a company bus that allows for fun outings that are pre-planned. Whether our seniors are transported over to the local ice-cream shop or park we make sure the experience is fun, interactive and safe.

INCLUDED AMENITIES

• Nursing Care Management
  • Personal Pendant Call System – There will be a minimal charge for each use
  • 7 days week continental breakfast, lunch & dinner in dining room
  • Weekly housekeeping & linen change – Approximate time of ½ hour
  • Complementary Direct TV – Approximately 48 channels
  • Transportation for scheduled shopping and outings
  • Staff planned activity programs & events
  • Complimentary laundry facilities
  • 24-hour access to staff
  • Okay checks daily
  • Apartment building maintenance on-site
  • WiFi available on first floor

MEMORY CARE

Summit Hill Senior Living offers memory care apartments with 24-hour staffing. Trained staff members provide specialized activities and care designed to meet the unique needs of each individual experiencing memory loss.

Our memory care services were designed to relieve our residents and their families from the daily cares that are necessary for a happy and thriving life, yet have become difficult for seniors in need of memory care to maintain on their own.

Our memory care apartments at Summit Hill Senior Living are designed to enhance the quality of life for the individual with memory loss while providing a comfortable home-style atmosphere. Individuals are accepted into memory care following a comprehensive nursing assessment of cognitive, physical and social levels of functioning.

The memory care program administered by our staff is designed to stimulate and nurture memory preservation and development. We utilize smaller group activities and programs that specifically focus on each resident's capabilities. Interactive games and group events also add to our residents’ enjoyment. Our professional, compassionate staff engages our memory care residents in programs that encourage them to participate, enhances their sense of joy and accomplishment and promotes their physical, emotional and social well-being.

All of our home care staff receives specialized memory care training, enhancing our staff’s understanding and expertise in this field. We are devoted to making our residents and their guests a warm-hearted environment and we are committed to making that experience everlasting.

Thank you for your interest in Summit Hill Senior Living. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Summit Hill Senior Living