New Perspective Highland Park Assisted Living

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of New Perspective Highland Park | Assisted Living

April 13, 2015

By Paula123

I am new to Keystone, but I have had such a wonderful first impression! The care givers are very good and seem to all be sincere and good at answering my questions. There is always something fun going on here! I don't feel alone as there is always nice residents or staff around to talk to. Different socials every day, people out and about make it seem like a fun community.

April 07, 2015

By Barley

I came to this community looking for assistance for my Aunt who had fallen and broke her ankle. I had a nice tour of the building but what impressed me most was the staff. It was a active community and the staff helping the residents who needed assistance did it with such care. I saw a lot of smiles in the community and they all seemed well cared for. My aunt is going to try going home with some home care for now, but when the time comes for a move we will be taking another look at this home.

February 13, 2015

Keystone Highlands at first glance is a lovely facility. It has a very nice setting along the river and attractive decorations. It has been remodeled recently, it is fresh, modern, and comfortable, and there is nothing wrong with that; it is very lovely. The staff -- I believe -- has my dad's best interest in them, and I give them an A for effort for the most part. I believe it is the direction and the management that has a problem with communicating the needs of the residents and the residents' family to the staff. And in the two months that we have been there, I don't feel they are doing anything extraordinary -- just really basic things. My father is diabetic, and he has succumbed to UTI's. We went in there with the doctor's order, and all he gets all day is just about 1 or 2 oz. of water. He ended up in the emergency room with a severe UTI, and for the last four weeks he was in critical condition. We brought him back there, and they still don't bring him water. He is running a fever again, he has got a respiratory cough going on, and they don't check on him at midnight to check his cough even though I have talked to three different nurses. It's been very hard to get a care conference. It is kind of like I have to chase them when I see one of the directors running down the hall. I have to run alongside them when they get in the elevator and ask them if I can speak with them, and then I kind of like have to chase them into their office, but then they are answering phone calls and there is the feeling they don't have the time. On three different occasions, they kind of snapped at me, saying, "I have a million other things I got to be doing, and I can't talk to you right now." Then I have tried calling the director asking for an appointment. We've had three or four of those, addressing the same topic every time, and the same answer I get is "OK we'll have to talk to somebody and we will get back to you." They never get back to me until I call another time and try to chase them down again. We've actually contacted the county office of the Ombudsman, and they said they are very familiar with the facility as they get many calls of the same nature that we are calling about, so it seemed that we are not a rare case. They won't address our issues at all, and all we are asking is if he can have water during the day, which is pretty ridiculous. I wouldn't even give them any star rating, and I wouldn't put my loved one here. I spend three times a day to make sure that he is being taken care of. They walked past him when he was almost unconscious halfway off of his bed. A resident just walked in, took his trash, and didn't take notice that he was vomiting, had diarrhea, or that he was half falling off the bed. It is definitely neglect on their part.

September 04, 2014

By Leslie32

The Keystone Communities are not really independent-living. They really are what I would consider the next level from that and they're excellent. They were the only other facility that I felt comfortable with having my mom in. The culture of care was present in every single staff person and they keep their health people for a long time. The food was excellent. The memory care patients that are in their memory care wing have these bracelets on them so if they get too close to the door, the alarm goes off. When we were doing a tour, that happened and the guy that we were doing the tour with, stopped immediately, excused himself and took care of the situation. I felt that was wonderful.

May 29, 2013

By Joy5

My family chose Keystone Communities Highland Park for my mother. The staff and the apartment are very nice. They have lots and lots of activities going on in the morning and afternoon. I've been to one of them and I was very impressed. I have not eaten there myself but my family has eaten there and they liked it. The building is so secure that they have a push button for you to come in and go out.

Photos of New Perspective Highland Park