Parkshore Senior Community

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Parkshore Senior Community

December 15, 2015

By L.D.1

My visit at Parkshore Senior Community was absolutely wonderful. It was beautiful. The reason why I didn’t choose them is due to the type of diagnosis my mother had; her disease would outlast the money, and Parkshore is strictly private pay, so that’s a drawback. For a place that is basically private pay, I thought the rooms and apartments were extremely small nor as clean as I anticipated for that type of environment. They had a lot of amenities and activities, but for the living conditions, I was a little bit disappointed because I thought it was going to be a little bit cleaner, and it really wasn’t.

August 10, 2015

By Heidi11

I did visit Parkshore Senior Community. Overall, it was very nice and spacious. It overlooks the waterpark. It was also in close proximity to the grocery stores and shopping. I was really impressed with it. They have a swimming pool, which I really like. They also have different activities for the seniors. The staff who took me on the tour was very knowledgeable, and she was really great. I really like her.

June 09, 2015

My aunt is in Parkshore. For the most part, I think they are doing well. There is always a question about confidence, but for the most part, they address those issues immediately. The staff has been very accommodating. As far as the facility, it is wonderful. The location and everything has been good. She has an access to a swimming pool and a garage, so all of her needs are meet. They have been wonderful, and all of the people have their apartments. I am impressed with the underground parking because we want a place where she can park her handicapped van inside. I am also impressed with the pool because she needs it for physical therapy purposes, and we also have access to a therapist there as well so she doesn't have to go outside in the winter. I also like the upkeep of the building. They remodeled maybe 5 years ago. They are really good. They have a beautiful garden and have a place where people can go and walk or wheel together. They have movies, concerts, speakers, and exercise classes. They have a salon that is available, and she has utilized that. They have gardening activities also. The staff calls the people by name. When we were starting out, they have someone feed her, and it took about a month, but she found her little group who she is comfortable being with in the dining room. They give you what you like or what you need in terms of half portions or finger foods.

April 19, 2015

By Caring101910450

I visited Parkshore. The staff's work attitude was very positive. The rooms were nice, spacious, and bright. The dining room was nice. It was attractive. As for activities, they have yoga, swimming, water aerobics, cards, and crafts. They have fitness equipment. However, what I would suggest for them to improve on is the price.

March 17, 2015

Dad is in Parkshore and was first at assisted living, but a week later he fell, and we had to move him into assisted. I have done two moves in a month. The care of the staff is well for the assisted living. They have a gorgeous workout facility with a heated lap pool. People want to stay active, but they don’t want to leave the complex. That was one of the big selling points for my dad. Overall, the cleanliness and aesthetics are above average.

January 06, 2015

By Helen100530950

I just signed on at Parkshore, and I obviously like the place. I like the apartment; I have a dining room, living room, bedroom, kitchen, and a bath, and they also have a restaurant. The sanitation is excellent, and the location is fine.

October 26, 2014

Parkshore is not large, but it’s very friendly. It’s pretty, and it doesn’t look like an institution. The one we were looking at was two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a kitchen. If you are in the assisting living you have meals everyday, but if you’re in independent living, you will only have two meals a week, and the facility is very clean.

September 26, 2013

By Marjorie8

We visited Parkshore and it's a clean place. The facility is quite handy to where we are. The rooms were fine.

August 01, 2013

By Shirley24

I like Parkshore a lot because it was at Saint Louise Park which was were my parent where living before. It was my first choice. The apartments were nice and what I liked about them was that they had a separate building for assisted living but they were connected and if you started as independent living, you had first choice if you needed to go to assisted living. I didn't get the chance to eat the food there but I was able to talk to the people who lived there about it. They were very pleased and they had this kind of a bistro or like a coffee shop area. So, if you don't want to eat at the restaurant, there's this another area that adjoined the restaurant like a little casual coffee shop and they always make fresh pastries. They had a pool which was in the right size was always kept warm and they had exercise area. The view of the ground was very attractive and it was next to a park and it was in a good location.

June 26, 2013

By caring0390

Park Shores is a new facility and it has a pool. The location is good. Everything is located nearby. It's close to the clinic that we go to. It's also close to the hospital. The place is very nice. The staff that we saw is very accommodating and very helpful.

Photos of Parkshore Senior Community

Services & Amenities of Parkshore Senior Community

• Minimum Memory Cost: $2095/month

• Hiking Trails
  • Pool

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: Housing with Services

About Parkshore Senior Community

Parkshore Senior Community is an assisted living facility in Saint Louis Park, MN that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Parkshore Senior Community for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Parkshore Senior Community