Brookdale St. Augustine

150 Mariner Health Way, Saint Augustine, FL, 32086

Reviews of Brookdale St. Augustine

358 February 24, 2015

As with a lot of facilities, they put on a good show to get you in there but once there, the care falls to below grade. They do not shave my father, make sure he brushes his teeth. They do not see they have clean clothes on. One day my father had his pajamas on beneath his clothes. Sheets had not been changed in two weeks. Meal time is sad, sad, sad. They sit at banquet tables and eat off paper plates if they can feed themselves. Medical care is terrible. Cuts can go for hours undressed. One man fell and cracked his head open and a week later he still had caked blood on his face.

I would not recommend anyone to this facility and as soon as the new place opens in SA, we will be moving.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 to discuss them in greater detail.

Caring96489450 October 16, 2014

What I have learned from personal experience is that you must stay fully invested in your loved one's care, especially those in the Memory Care Unit. I realize you are sold a package that leads you to believe that your loved one's needs will be fully met and you have invested financially in same but I can assure you from personal experience that the level of care will never meet your expectations. My expectations may be too high and I am still trying to figure out how best to meet the needs of my loved one, maintain my own sanity, and work with the staff at Brookdale. I do believe the aides are caring individuals and do the best they can most of the time. I suspect that it isn't much different in other AL/Memory Care facilities in the area

animaniac55 June 04, 2014

My mother has been a resident for 5 1/2 years. My dad visited him every day until he passed away, and now I go every day when I'm here (every 2 weeks. We've observed wonderful, compassionate care by all of the employees. My dad was so confident in them that he often said that when his time came, he wanted to be there, too. That speaks volumes! Mom started in a suite, which was very spacious, and moved to the memory care unit when the need became evident. BTW, the food is very good! We'll continue to keep Mom there as long as possible.

gogojoe September 26, 2013

There was nothing wrong with the Emeritus at St. Augustine. It was just the idea how you had to live there. I went there and all these people were sitting in the chair staring. I'm just not interested in any place like that. A lady showed me what the 1-bedroom looked like. But I got a bathroom that is bigger than that bedroom.

Edward9 July 24, 2013

Emeritus was very nice and would probably be my first choice. The living quarters are very nice. I haven't been able to sample the food but I think that's very nice to have too. I was very happy with the assistance I got. It's a very nice place to live if it was a little bit cheaper.

Peace_of_mind_NOT March 20, 2012

Highly NOT recommended!!! I can't think of one good thing to say about this place. Read this as the MOST NEGATIVE opinion possible of this facility, management and a few "caregivers".

I'm very sorry to hear that your experience with our community was anything less than a positive one. Your opinion and experience with our community does matter and we would like to invite you to contact us at your convenience to discuss what may have happened to cause you to feel this way. As your schedule permits, we welcome you to give us a call through our Ethics First Department at (800) 429-4828 or visit our website emeritus.com/ethics to voice any of your concerns. You can submit your concerns anonymously, as well.

Nvy858 August 12, 2011

I had the chance to visit here when my family and I were determining the right place for my grandmother. We stumbled upon this facility and were very pleased with the overall space and activities given to the residences; not to undermine the wonderful care either. We then took a tour through the areas and seen the facilities multiple gardens, and when that was over ate some ice cream at their personal ice cream parlor. They also provide transportation to the surrounding city, which helps create more independence. In the end we moved to a different city, but this would have been our family's number one choice for finding a proper assisted living facility.

staug2011 July 29, 2011

this is the first center that i went to, which meant that the customer rep sat down with a very confused person. she was patient and helpful. she led me through a number of issues i needed to know. making the decision to place a parent in a residence is complicated, and it is not just about the cost. thank you tally.

From Brookdale St. Augustine

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #9908