Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills

997 West Aurora Road, Sagamore Hills, OH, 44067

Reviews of Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills

Caring86310450 June 30, 2014

My mom is in Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills. I like its location. It has a warmer and a more country feel than a big city. It is very welcoming. The staff is very friendly. She is in an apartment, and it fit some of her furniture very nicely. She only participates in some of the activities, and for the most part, she likes them. They have a salon there, and every week they get their hair done. They have exercises, sing-a-longs, and bingo. They give her rootbeer floats, and she loves it. She enjoys her extracurricular things. They tend to have field trips a few times a year, and she is hoping to do that. However, sometimes they take a little long to respond when she needs assistance, because they have a necklace that she wears that she can push no matter where she is in the facility if she needs help, and weekends are a little slower because there are less staff, but I really like that they have the necklaces.

Caring86398550 June 17, 2014

My visit at Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills was very nice. It is a bigger place; it is a two-story building. They have an elevator and steps. It had a very nice center area with a big fireplace, and you can sit and read a book or visit with your mother or dad. That went out to the eating area. Everything looked very clean.

Mary L2 February 01, 2014

Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills was very clean and I saw the residents got excellent care. They had a beautiful dining room and the food looked good as well.

Caring72096850 November 23, 2013

A social worker recommended Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills for my dad. I had taken him there and I saw that the facility is a little understaffed. While he was there, his eyeglasses, dentures, and hearing aid was lost. With regards to the dining area, you can see somebody helping the residents and gives out their food. The only thing I can say as far as food goes, he eats well. They seemed to have pretty good exercise and physical therapy activities.

spotty364 July 16, 2013

I would not recommend this facility to anyone. The outward appearance and staff initally are pleasant. Staff are untrained and overall understaffed. Please reconsider placing anyone her.

Paul8 June 23, 2013

Elmcroft Of Sagamore Hills was just 10 minutes away from my home. My father, who has early stage Alzheimer's, liked it there. This was the best choice for us at the moment. They had a set-up there where you can press a button whenever one needs help and that's a big plus for us. Their one-room apartment was not spacious enough for my father, but their two-room apartment had a bedroom and a living room and you can take in more furniture. In terms of amenities and activities, they have a program that is designed for every resident. There also was free transportation, which was helpful. Their staff were hardworking and they do what they can for the residents. One thing they could improve on though was food, it's not like home-cooking, but it's okay.

Jill6 May 11, 2013

Elmcroft is fine. The staff was friendly. It looks great when you go in. I would recommend it.

cohnd2008 August 28, 2012

I thought that the place was nice overall, and it seemed relatively clean. The food didn't appear to be the greatest as I recall. The staff seemed to be really nice to the residents but weren't super friendly to me. The residents seemed to be pretty happy, and it seemed as though they got a lot of time to socialize. I don't recall seeing lots of day trips outside of the facility as I've seen with other assisted living centers, but I think there were some interesting planned events for people to engage in.

Caring391015 July 31, 2011

Ill start this review by explaining my thought leading up to this. I was pretty apprehensive about putting my father in Elmcroft of Sagamore HIlls assisted living home or any assisted living home for that matter. As a child I remember if the subject came up of someone possibly being put in assisted living he would always say "I would hate to be in a place like that. I want to be independent" But when my almost 70 year old father fell for the second time I knew he needed someone around when I couldn't be. He fought the idea at first (as did I) but eventually agreed to give it a try. When we pulled up to Elmcroft of Sagamore HIlls it looked like an assisted living home out of some kind of movie. The staff helped along with the process as painlessly as they could. Walking around the place to have a look it all looked very nice and well kept. The rooms were an okay size, though they kind of had a hotel feel to them that I wasn't sure about. After all was said and done and he was going to the home I felt so guilty about putting him there and second guessed myself. I kept searching online for 'Assisted living horror stories' I guess just to torment myself. Fast forward a few months later and my father was loving it. Every time I went there he had some story of something some new friend of his told him or of some activity they were doing there. This was great to see since he was kind of a not social guy. He looked as if he was a kid at summer camp.So in short Id say Elmcroft of Sagamore HIlls has a very nice staff. My father says they provide A+ care whenever he needs. They also have helped me very much in the process of getting him in and keeping me informed immediately if anything happens. The only minor problem Ive had with them is a small billing error that they fixed immediately when I called. The rooms at first felt very hotel like, but once seeing my father living in it for a few months (now a year) it easily achieved an at home feel to it. The facilities are also kept very very clean. They have many activities like bingo, special dinners, games, shows, you name it. They also let them have a lot of freedom to pretty much do whatever they want with only the necessary amount of monitoring. With the exception of my father needing an occasional change of scenery and coming to our house for a day or two he has had no complaints regarding wanting to leave. He seems to love it. Id give this place an easy 5 stars for great service, staff, atmosphere, cleanliness of home, and great entertainment provided for the resident of the home. I also want to thank this place, because without homes like this I wouldn't know how to help keep my father safe. Would definitely recommend.

From Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills

Sagamore Hills is a small community surrounded by the picturesque Cuyahoga Valley Metro Park System. Elmcroft is located on five manicured acres bordered by a wooded area that is home to deer that are often seen on the property. The community's rural feeling is complemented by big city conveniences found in the surrounding areas of Brecksville, Macedonia and Northfield Center, which offer fine dining and ideal shopping for visitors and residents alike.

Accommodations and Services

Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills is an assisted living and Alzheimer's Care community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.

Each apartment includes all meals and basic utilities as part of the monthly fee. Also, residents enjoy daily activities, private dining room for family and guests, library and sitting areas, bistro and billiard activity room, housekeeping services and many other amenities. Other services include a beauty/barber shop for a nominal fee.

The emphasis on activities is a main thrust of the service offerings. Social interaction is a vital part of overall good health and Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills is committed to offering residents a full range of social, recreational and spiritual activities from which to choose. Scheduled transportation on the community van allows all residents to take advantage of travel activities.

Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills is truly a great place to live and work and is proud to be a part of the Sagamore Hills, Ohio community.

Located near the beautiful Brecksvill Metro Parks

Features of Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,250/month

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills