Brighton Gardens of Saddle River

5 Boroline Road, Saddle River, NJ, 07458

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Saddle River

Bob104321050 March 31, 2015

Brighton Gardens is clean and well run. There are no major issues, and it is fine. It is good, and we like the director very much. I will only recommend it to people who need advanced nursing care. I wouldn't call it an active community. It is well run, and they did everything right, but the people I saw needed a lot of care.

William93954250 October 16, 2014

My wife has been in Brighton Gardens for the last 5 months. There are 3 floors there. As far as I’m concerned, the food is fine. She doesn’t quite agree with me. They take very good care of the people that they have there, and they take trips with them. All the staff has been marvelous. I’m thoroughly satisfied with it, and she is, too.

Jostine August 28, 2014

We visited Brighton Gardens. The place was clean and it looked more like a hotel rather than an assisted living place and it was nice. We liked the person with whom we spoke with-- I believe her name was Victoria. I thought she was the lead sales person there. We liked the amenities that would have been provided should my dad have chosen that place. I liked the location and the freedom that they had. They offered get-together hours. They had tour buses which took people where they wanted to go. They had a gym. The only negative I would say was that, if he lived in this facility and became really sick, we would have to find another place for him, as opposed to having an actual facility in there already, which a lot of communities had. However, if my dad had decided to go with them, I don't think we would have had any problem with it. I thought it would have met his needs.

Caring94879850 June 26, 2014

They have many different kind of activities at Brighton Gardens. My mother participates in bingo and enjoys that very much. Her room there is fine for her. Regarding the staff, there are some very caring and wonderful people there, and there are some people who are probably not in the right place for the job. I have talked to the management about them, and they were receptive. The food is very good. Overall, Brighton Gardens is a very good choice.

Cindy48 May 30, 2014

The staff at Brighton Gardens was really, really wonderful. The rooms seemed very small; it's a little more like a hotel. It didn’t seem homey, but the place is wonderful. When we visited the facility, there was an activity going on, and the residents seemed happy.

Caring81325150 March 31, 2014

I am in Brighton Gardens now. They offered respite care. I was able to make the arrangements very easily over the phone. I've only been here for six weeks.

I have a room, it's about 350 sq. ft., and it has a kitchenette area. It has two very generous closets and a very big bathroom with a handicap shower, and it's very pleasant. Windows are very important to me, and they have the biggest windows I saw in any assisted living places that I visited, or in the pictures. These windows are absolutely beautiful, and my room is flooded with light all day long, so that's what's important to me.

The staff is extremely pleasant, for the most part, very helpful, and it's not generally hard to find help if you need it. The food is mediocre. Sometimes it's very good, and sometimes you really wish it would go away. It's very changeable, except that their vegetables are all fresh vegetables, and their fruit is very good. I have not taken part in any activities. I am not that type of person, but we did have a St. Patrick's Day party the other evening, and that was a great load of fun.

Sueanne1 December 19, 2012

I was searching for assisted living facilities for my father and decided to look at 3 within a 10 minute drive of our home. Brighton Gardens was the first of the three I visited. Upon entering the parking lot I noted the beautiful grounds and welcoming entrance decorated appropriately for the season. Walking in I was greeted by a lovely receptionist who escorted me to the directors office, She offered me something to drink and chatted for awhile until the director arrived. Everyone was gracious and friendly. After speaking with the director, Donna, she confidently stated that she was certain that we would be choosing Brighton gardens. I was impressed with her confidence. I was shown the facility and as an RN myself I was looking for certain things. Were the areas clean neat and free of potential obstacles for those with canes, walkers etc.? Were the employees smiling and caring toward the residents? Were the accomodations spacious well kept without obnoxious odors, were there safety precautions? The answers were yes, yes and yes! Then the price would it be affordable..yes! The next step was to visit the 2 other facilites and then bring my dad and sister to the one I thought met all of our requirements and of course that my dad felt comfortable there. I left after that first visit with a positive impression. The other 2 facilites paled in comparison to Brighton Gardens! There was no question Brighton Gardens was the only choice. My dad and sister went for a tour and lunch and also loved it. My father did a one month trial and then decided to become a resident. He has thrived there. He is ambulating better and is much more communicative. He enjoys the meals and of course the afternoon cocktail. I would highly recommend this facility. i

Joe P. April 20, 2012

We wanted to get my mom out of the nursing home she was in, so my sister found Brighton Gardens. I think the place is great. It's clean and modern. They are a caring bunch. Most importantly, my mother is happy.

From Brighton Gardens of Saddle River

Step into a Sunrise Senior Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or cat.

Services & Amenities at Brighton Gardens of Saddle River

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

Brighton Gardens of Saddle River allows our residents to age in place phsyically and cognitively. By way of our higher level of care and continuum of memory care programs, for those residing in our Assissted Living and Memory Care neighborhoods (Reminiscence)

Features of Brighton Gardens of Saddle River

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do offer companion suites.

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Pets: All pets allowed.
  • Staff patient ratio: Variable staffing model is followed depending on resident acuity.

• Licenses: New Jersey Department of Health Facility License Number: 05a002

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brighton Gardens of Saddle River