Colonial Oaks Senior Living of Sacramento

1922 Morse avenue, Sacramento, CA, 95825

Reviews of Colonial Oaks Senior Living of Sacramento

January 05, 2016

By -Reviewer1

Nazareth Park Place is very nice. They look into the well-being of my parents. Because of the language issue, they make special accommodations to make sure they understand what they need. The staff is very patient. I like to give kudos to Christina. She's always responsive to any request that I have. The place is clean. They have a calendar that is filled with activities. My parents don't participate to any activities even though we tried to make them to. They're not very social. I have not heard my parents complaining about food. However, I noticed that their food has more carbs instead of protein. I think this is one area that needs improvement. Overall, I'm very happy of how they take care of our parents.

December 31, 2015

By Bill121501450

I have been really impressed with the change in management in Nazareth Park Place. They are extremely attentive to my mother. She has significant health issues and physical limitations. They go out of their way to accommodate her and I’m very appreciative of that. The environment is very positive. They continually upgrade and remodel and working on the place. The rooms are bigger and brighter. I think it gotten better and better.

December 30, 2015

By Linda121429250

The staff and Kristina provided wonderful care. They were loving and caring towards my mother. One time when I couldn’t get the doctor to sign a prescription, she stayed with me even at 11.30pm in my mother’s room until we could get the doctor to sign the prescription. You couldn’t get a better person than Christina. She was so great. She did everything to make my mother comfortable. I would not have known certain things to purchase different things that mom needed. She was so generous with her time. I can’t say enough good things about her. I wish she can get more recognition for what she does. She was just phenomenal. The staff was great too. When my mother did passed, they came in every hour to be with me. I never knew such kindness existed. My mom was in a private room at Nazareth Park Place. She had people checked on her all the time. The facility is nice and clean. You can tell that someone is constantly cleaning. There’s no trash and no smell. It’s not a very fancy place but you can tell that it’s a comfortable place.

August 17, 2011

By guardian angel

Park Sacramento offers assisted living with the feeling of independent living in that residents have apartments adjacent to the community at large. I had a friend that worked there, and I used to volunteer there. It's in suburban Sacramento, 15 minutes North east of downtown Sacramento, and about a mile west of Carmichael and less than a mile from Arden Mall. Kaiser Hospital is across the street, and there are lots of doctors' offices, nursing homes, and more hospitals within a few miles. It's a nice facility, moderately large. But the rooms are relatively small with showers, and some have kitchenettes. They also have their own van to take residents to doctor visits. They tend to have high occupancy due to low rates compared to the local competition. The staff does assist in dispensing medication, and will provide other services as agreed to for one's loved ones.. The downside is that the staff lacks the warmth, connection, and enthusiasm with residents I've seen in other similar style homes. There's also sometimes an odor issue, which they mask with a cleaning agent. The residents who do best here are fairly independent. They have to be able to get to the dining room on their own"”even if they use a walker or wheelchair, they need to be able to propel themselves. One wonders because of their independence, if some memory loss doesn't get noticed soon enough. The activities area, and program are adequate. They have an activity room with a big screen TV and a piano, a separate library, and an area to do crafts. Perhaps because activities are posted but not necessarily encouraged, there is rarely that feeling of closeness or involvement. They also have a nice dining room in a relatively upscale, warm environment. Most residents asked say the food is delicious. About me: I have dedicated my life since graduating from UC-Davis, to enriching the lives of Senior Citizens. Happiness and fulfillment are what I strive to attain in meeting my residents needs. I have worked in different capacities for several assisted living and skilled nursing centers during the last 30 years. Whether as an administrator, social worker, activity director, admissions and marketing director, or caregiver my goal has to provide the best care and service to my elders.

Features of Colonial Oaks Senior Living of Sacramento

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3120/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

About Colonial Oaks Senior Living of Sacramento

Colonial Oaks Senior Living of Sacramento is a single-story community offering small studios, large studios, and one-bedroom apartments. All of the one-bedroom units are available as ‘private’ or ‘shared occupancy’ depending upon need and or finances. This quaint property boasts two interior courtyards for residents to get fresh air, relax, or read a book. Some of the units have direct access to the courtyards making the room look and feel even larger. (Refrigerator, bathroom, stove in room?)

Colonial Oaks Senior Living of Sacramento does what it can to create an environment free of stress by offering personal services such as; linen and housekeeping services, personal laundry service twice weekly, three meals and snacks daily, and a full calendar of social and activity programs.

Colonial Oaks Senior Living of Sacramento also offers transportation to-and-from medical appointments; other transportation arrangements can be made for non-medical purposes, as staff and vehicle are available.

Our well trained staff are available to residents 24/7 should any care need arise, allowing you and your loved one to feel secure knowing that someone is close at all hours.

Call or email us to day to receive additional information and schedule a visit to discuss your needs with our professional and caring staff.

Map of Colonial Oaks Senior Living of Sacramento