Reviews of University Village Assisted Living & Memory Care
Caring111843650 September 07, 2015
I am a friend or relative of a resident
We have moved my stepfather to a memory care facility called University Village. They are extremely taking good care of him. The staff there is very knowledgeable. They know how to take care the people with the Alzheimer’s disease, they speak with them, and they are just very caring over there.
He has been there a little over a month and is doing very well. My representative was extremely helpful and follows through. The food looks very good. They have been very happy with the food there. They have snacks and things throughout the day.
For their activities, they have mobile type games that they play to keep them mobile, puzzles, card games, field trips, and movie nights with their popcorn. They tried to get the patients out of their rooms as much as possible to interact with all of the other residents to keep their brain stimulation. He has only been there a month, but he is doing very well.
commercesd May 31, 2012
I visited this facility
While in the Austin region touring local options for my brother's friend, we decided to stop in at the new University Village facility in nearby Round Rock, since it was conveniently located near both Scott & White and Seton hospitals, where his doctors are affiliated.
We immediately liked the ranch-style of the building and thought it looked welcoming, as was the staff, despite the fact that we did not have an appointment.
The grounds were well kept with a tranquil park-like setting and many trees, benches and walkways for seniors to enjoy safely.
The windows throughout let in plenty of light which made the place seem larger and more expansive. The private units were very well-designed, nicely decorated and spacious with nice views.
The fitness center had the latest equipment and they also offer instruction and classes. The dining rooms were very comfortable and homey, as were all of the activity rooms. The library was stocked with many great books.
The food was what you could find in a high end casual restaurant. The residents looked like they were all active and occupied with an interesting activity - from reading to socializing with other residents.
The regularly planned outings included visiting many local restaurant favorites and numerous cultural venues. Nearby Austin is known for its music and art venues, which the seniors are encouraged to enjoy on their frequent visits into town.
This is a very well thought out senior community, with everything they need. The decor was fresh and the facility was very clean. Definitely one of the better facilities we've seen in the region. Anyone interested in a beautiful place to live should check it out.
This senior community had a nice balance of competent care, along with kind and respectull staff in an invigorating living environment.
From University Village Assisted Living & Memory Care
At University Village Assisted Living & Memory Care, our staff members are 100% dedicated to the comfort, life enrichment and genuine happiness of all our residents and their loved ones. Our program emphasizes a Personal Touch Philosophy of care for those with Alzheimer's and various forms of dementia.
Our Personal Touch begins with the knowledge of history of each resident, as well as the education and understanding of the disease process. All of our staff goes through an extensive training on Dementia & Alzheimer's disease. Once we assess the resident, a tailored life program is then developed and delivered through each caregiver. With our Personal Touch philosophy, we develop close bonds between residents, their families, and our caregivers. This is the foundation for the friends helping friends approach to the Personal Touch philosophy. This may be the answer you have been seeking.
As in most wonderful neighborhoods, at University Village friends take care of friends. A life of stress-free living and familiar activities are found, once again, at University Village Memory Care.
Our unique community was designed with the residents in mind, providing an atmosphere that is inviting and comfortable for both your loved one and you. Upon visiting University Village, you will feel more like you are in someone's home rather than a care facility.
Our beautiful and home-like community is comprised of four distinct neighborhoods. The building was designed with the intention of having an amazing amount of natural light, which in turn helps with sleep patterns as well as mood. Each neighborhood offers a sense of home and comfort, reducing the feelings of loneliness and confusion. We understand how important this is to our residents and their loved ones.
Our philosophy for care strives to create a specialized environment that will afford each individual maximum self-expression. The staff is committed to creating a quality of care that meets the resident's physical, social, spiritual and emotional needs.
The Comforts of Home
- A familiar daily routine.
- Family-style, nutritious meals served three times daily and favorite snacks throughout the day.
- Opportunities for individual and group activities, including gardening, cooking, music movies and reminiscing.
- Weekly community outings to restaurants, movies, shopping, parks, and more.
- Our Personal Touch philosophy of memory care – a "friends taking care of friends" approach.
- Our friendly, affectionate "house" and "visiting" pets, which bring companionship, joy and loyalty to our residents.
- A beauty/barber shop on site.
- Therapy Fitness room, where our very own Home Healthy Company VALERIAN works with our residents.
- Neighborhood computers and complimentary WiFi available.
- Resident-accessible courtyards with fireplace & raised gardens.
Our Personal Touch Activities
- Dementia-specific activities, such as memory boxes, creative writing, and scrapbooking
- Exercise programs including Tai Chi, Yoga, musical stretching, walking, and balance activities.
- Stress-free classes ranging from patterning to sensory stimulation.
- Programs that encourage intergenerational relationships and community involvement.
- Spiritual opportunities for people of all religions.
- Creative arts and music activities that include rhythm, singing, and listening.
- Quality of care that meets the resident's physical, social, spiritual and emotional needs.
Thank you for your interest at University Village Assisted Living & Memory Care. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.
Features of University Village Assisted Living & Memory Care
- Minimum rate: $3950/month
- Minimum Memory Cost $4950/month
Room and housing options
- Studio Apartments
- State Licenses 132663-102454
Location of University Village Assisted Living & Memory Care
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities