A Touch of Home Assisted Living

4301 Crestridge Dr, Round Rock, TX, 78681

Reviews of A Touch of Home Assisted Living

Caring105555750 February 04, 2015

The facility is called A Touch of Home. It is a private home for women only. It just doesn't meet the need of my friend at all. I thought the staff was very pleasant when I was around. But I didn't hear if they are the same after the visitors left. I didn't try to eat there, because their food was not acceptable. They need to improve the menu because it is not nutritious at all. It is just way full of salt, sugar, and processed food. It is a private home, so they just have large bedrooms with two or three women in each bedroom. They didn't have adequate space. Most of the patients there are not cognitive of what is going on. They just shower, eat, and lay around all day. I thought the security is fine because you have to knock on the door to get into the house.

I’m sorry for your impression of our home. Obviously our wonderful, loving home is not for everyone.

Thank you, for saying everyone was pleasant. We are very lucky to have wonderful staff that has been with us for years. Some of our staff has been with us for over 23 years. Not a lot of homes can say that. We have cameras so we can watch what is going on 24/7. We are always happy to give reference upon request.

We are licensed by TDADS, so we follow their nutrition guide lines. Our food is home-cooked, not restaurant. Granted our food may not be for everyone. That is why we provide options. If someone doesn’t like what we are serving, we offer something different. Ex. I have one that doesn’t like fish, so we make her chicken. That is the nice thing about being a small home. We don’t allow visitor at meal times. Meal time is our time with our ladies, to make sure they get what they need or want. We don’t cook with salt. We do have sugary snacks at times, why not? I would be happy to send a menu upon request.

We are in a house that has been converted to accommodate multiple people with different needs. We have semi and private rooms. We also have one room that accommodates 3 ladies. This room has its own bathroom and a door that leads out to the deck. This room we have open for the budget-conscious lady. There are lots of people that don’t have $3000 +, to spend a month for rent. This is a good option for them. That room is always full! Our ladies aren’t in the rooms very much.

We have many levels of care, some needing a little assistance, to some needing total care. We do our best to take wonderful care of our ladies. I believe that’s why we’ve been in business for 25 years

Kathleen37 August 30, 2014

A Touch of Home is beautiful -- they’re out in the middle of nowhere and you don’t have to worry about people bugging you all the time. They were having meals when we got there and it was pretty good. The dining area wasn’t big enough. The staff member who assisted us was really nice. The residents were an older age group and I wasn’t ready to move in to that kind of situation, but I would recommend them to anyone with that necessity.

Phil3 December 18, 2012

this facility is very attentive to all your needs. I was there one week for physical therapy and the week went by quickly. Good people and good food. Activities were included and everyone was professional and gave great care.

austinlibrarian December 18, 2012

Very caring staff, beautiful grounds with walking trail through flowers at all seasons. Decision makers for us were two:
1. Mom was encouraged to bring her OWN PET (in addition to those at the home). When kitty comes to cuddle at night, or Mom gets a knock on her door for someone asking to "play with her kitty," she is thrilled. 2. At the mention of Mom's Celiac Sprue diet, they took it as an opportunity to learn how to provide that kind of SPECIALIZED DIET for a resident. They stock all her gluten-free pasta, breads, treats, etc. to provide the same food in a safe manner for her. And instead of lots of sweets and then cranberry/prune juice, they have a small bowl of fruit at every meal.

leyash June 02, 2012

I loved this assisted living facility. It was one that I could definitely see my great aunt staying in for a long period. The place definitely lives up to their name. They allow a personal touch, while still remaining professional, and doing their jobs. Any time my aunt needed something, they were there to help her within 15 minutes. It never took them long. The amenities were great, and everything was always kept so nice and clean. They had many people that would offer to help my aunt, just because they wanted to. The staff was incredible, and they really were made up of great people. This is not an experience that I could ever get anywhere else, and I really love how far they came, and how much my aunt loved being there. Knowing your family member is being taken care of can definitely set your mind at ease, and this living facility really helped with that great, comfortable feeling.

From A Touch of Home Assisted Living

A Touch of Home is a small, state licensed assisted living facility designed for individual seniors who no longer choose to live alone, or due to health problems, are unable to live alone. Our mission is to foster dignity, well-being and independence for our elderly residents and their families by providing an affordable alternative to institutional care.

A Touch of Home is located in northwest Round Rock. Our residents enjoy quiet country living with the conveniences of suburban life. With more than an acre of land, a swimming pool, a walking trail, raised vegetable gardens,fruit trees, a children's playground, a 900-square foot deck and community activities, our home offers opportunities few other assisted living facilities can provide.

We ONLY take FEMALE residents and are family owned and operated since 1989. With over an acre of land, swimming pool, walking trail, vegetable gardens, children's playground, 900-square foot deck.

Features of A Touch of Home Assisted Living

• 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Activities extra: walking trail

• Private services

• 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,000/month

• Staff patient ratio: 5 to 1
  • Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: Texas DHS License 137510
  • State License(s): 030013

• Housing extra: Shared Living

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)

Location of A Touch of Home Assisted Living