Brookdale Roswell

1000 Applewood Drive, Roswell, GA, 30076

Reviews of Brookdale Roswell

Joan105743550 May 02, 2015

Brookdale Roswell has independent living, assisted living, and memory care. I was very impressed with the place and the people. It is probably not the newest facility, but from what I have seen, it seems to have what I am looking for because it has a lot of activities. I like the dining hours there, and the people were very nice and accommodating. I saw a one bedroom -- which I guess they call it like a den -- and it is nice. It has the full kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, and living room. It had a little eating area, an extra room, and a porch also. I like its overall impression of how they ran it, the activities they have, and the services they offer. It seems actually more than a lot of other places. They do outside activities; for instance on the day I was there, they had gone to a show. The only other one which I actually saw is they had a Wii bowling tournament. But they have other activities, and that just happened to be going on that day.

Brian18 February 10, 2015

When I walked in at Brookdale Roswell, I felt like it was a lot more of an assisted type living. They allow their residents to run around with little scooters. The lobby did not seem inviting to me, and the people at the front desk did not seem very professional. They seem a little preoccupied. I did not feel very welcomed at the time of my visit. It is an older facility.

Caring97358350 December 09, 2014

My brother-in-law is at Chambrel at Roswell. It is very clean, and they have a good maid and laundry service. They have exercise, art classes, and whatever else you might want to partake in. They have a variety. The care is very good, and they have healthy and very good food.

John96510750 October 16, 2014

I visited Chambrel at Roswel. It was very nice and very good. The staff was likewise very good and nice. I liked that it was a month-to-month pay. The rooms were also very nice.

Caring00041 June 29, 2013

Chambrel at Roswell was old and well taken care of. We saw a friend's apartment and it had two bedrooms with a bath each, bathing room, porch and a full kitchen. It was clean and all the amenities were amazing. A friend said their meals were delicious. I was very impressed, and from what I saw and from my friend's comment, I would recommend this place.

Caring0151 April 18, 2013

When I went to Chambrel, the lady who toured me was really courteous. She really went out of her way to show me everything and explained everything. I talked to some of the residents and they lived there for some time already. They did not have any complaints and everything suited them. It seemed like everything was good. There were also plenty of activities to choose from. There was an available room which could be repainted and recarpeted. I did not see anything that needed improvement

Panopticon April 19, 2012

I'm a protective son, and I have zero tolerance for bad service. That said, Chambrel has never disappointed me or my father. This is quite a feat. The staff keeps me in the loop whenever I'm out of town or busy. They've never dropped the ball in terms of administrative coordination. They return calls within 30 minutes, max. In one medical emergency, they contacted me within 5 minutes of learning about the situation and had everything under perfect control despite the chaotic nature of a medical emergency. The facilities are well manicured, maintained, and quite secure. No crime issues, period.One great selling point was the breadth of activities and opportunities to elders all ages and conditions. Poetry club? Check. Frisbee golf? Check. Gardening club? You bet. Pet friendly? Always. It's peaceful, quiet, and not separate from nature (and even includes senior-friendly "hiking" trails that look quite relaxing). They also have a reputation for varied and delicious food. That's a great selling point for my father. These perks are very important to me. I find few things more upsetting than assisted living facilities that treat their residents as "things" - focusing on the body and not the mind or soul. Chambrel is special in this regard. I've never heard them speak ill about anyone, and they don't ever talk down to residents, friends, visitors, or family members.The staff has a gentle, intuitive approach to assisted living care - there's quite a bit of emphasis on dignity and (where appropriate) independence. Online research and the developer's website got us interested initially, but the grounds are what got us out of the car and on a facilities tour. Glad I did. So glad.

Caring497241 March 13, 2012

Chambrel is a beautiful and very clean. The staff is well trained and attentive to the residents. The rooms are large and well decorated and also cozy. There are many activities to keep the residents engaged and active, such as Arts and Crafts, Bingo, Bridge games, and programs as well as worship services. The grounds are lovely, nicely manicured with a beautiful fountain and sitting area. The menu is well planned with healthy options. There is housekeeping and laundry weekly for the residents. The staff is compassionate and caring and will meet the needs of your loved one. The residents a friendly and seem to really love the staff and the community they call home. Several told me the people there are their family staff and other residents. That speaks volumes, I highly recommend this facility.

valeriejones September 25, 2011

This place was okay but when i came for a tour it seemed like a shortage of staff there was so much going on from a missing senior to records being lost. I am not for sure how the center is on an everyday basis but when i visited The environment just seemed too overwhelming and caustic for me.

ashley54 September 12, 2011

My father is currently living here each time we visit he tells me how much he is enjoying himself and how the staff is very helpful. i met one of his nurses and really goes out of her way to take care of him she shaves him and if she is not there she leaves a note on his door so the other nurses will know to shave his beard.

Cgaskins July 27, 2010

Chambrel needs new Managment

The property is beautiful, the staff is wonderful, but the management is horrible. My mother has lived at Chambrel for almost 3 years now. Management has changed numerous times, but unfortunately not for the best. The business office manager was promoted from a housekeeper position (with no management training or accounting education). He is a nice young man, but unable to handle a 300 unit community. The rent is consistently incorrect. There was never a problem with our bills until he became business manager. It is almost impossible to reach any of the directors. Their assistants are wonderful and must do most of thier work because they are the only ones to return calls and solve problems. I have numerous problems contacting and getting any information from the engineering director. The activities lady never returns phone calls and was very rude when I tried to plan my mother's 90th birthday party- at my expense. Overall... the young men and women that work at Chambrel are very dear to the residents and work very hard to help them in any way. The building is very old and is popping up with leaks at almost every rain. However, the community has been renovated and looks beautiful. My mother calls Chabrel her home and has more friends than ever. She is very active and attends many of the events throughout the community. My advise is to be cautious of the management staff and follow-up with anything suspicious. Terms can and may change at any time.

From Brookdale Roswell

Brookdale Roswell provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Roswell

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Cottages
  • Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Game room, walking path, 24 hour concierge, transportaton to physicians and shopping

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class, Bi fit

• Staff patient ratio: 1 to 6
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 50

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): PCH001892