Brookdale Historic Roswell

75 Magnolia St., Roswell, GA, 30075

Reviews of Brookdale Historic Roswell

Caring104469350 March 31, 2015

Brookdale Historic Roswell is very handy to all different types of stores. The unit itself is clean, and the restroom is very good. They serve three meals a day, which are well prepared. They have facilities for people that don't drive, and buses go everyday to different places. We're enjoying it, but we're novices.

Caring97358350 December 09, 2014

My brother-in-law stayed at Freedom Pointe Roswell for six to eight months. They were good. He just kept sneaking out to go to bars as the facility was near cocktail bars. He would watch TV and use the computer lab. The staff was good, and the food was good. They provide a shuttle service down to the hospital for appointments, and it was convenient.

Debra32 June 27, 2014

My mom is very happy at Freedom Pointe Roswell, but unfortunately we can't afford it. The facility is very, very nice. I was able to eat there, and the food is very good. The staff were all great.

Caring84001450 May 20, 2014

The good thing about this community is they have varied activities for the seniors. In the morning, they have access to a library and to an exercise room where the machines are easily accessible and easy to get on and off for a senior.

They had staff on site: PT, OT, and ST. These people have an office there. They are there. They had on-site nurses. Whether it was 12 hours or 24 hours, they had someone there all the time. We were introduced to everybody, whether it was the chef or the custodian or a nurse or CNA or the physical therapists. Everybody was gracious. Everyone was friendly. The manager/sales person who took us around was extremely informative and knowledgeable. I liked that a lot.

I saw that they have the three meals, and they could make choices. I thought that was good if they didn't want what was on the menu. There were certain things on that menu that were always available if they wanted to steer away from the planned menu of the day or the special of the day. The only thing that I didn?t like: the d├ęcor is not that great. I'm sure elderly people will like it. They had tapestry rods, but I mean the colors and color coordinating. I'm African American, and none of these facilities have African Americans in them except for Freedom Pointe.

caring010714 January 24, 2014

It is very clean and comfortable. My mother-in-law's room is quite nice. It smelled nice, it has a new carpet, granite counter, and the kitchenette was nice. The staff is very helpful, loving, and kind. We're very happy.

Caring71534350 October 11, 2013

We found this facility for my brother-in-law and it was a good place. The facility is very attractive and the surrounding is pleasant.

Susan40 May 02, 2013

My mother-in-law, now 97, has lived here since the beginning of December. Since her move, she is much happier and feels loved all day, every day. The caregivers are wonderful, easy going with the residents just like old friends, yet very efficient in getting the job done. When my mother-in-law is upset, which happens frequently with no known reason (dementia), the staff is terrific in settling her down. The clinic is efficient and welcoming, caring for and treating each individual with friendly respect. When I visit, which is often, I observe residents doing various activities or just sitting and visiting with each other or staff. There is no "prison" feel and the residents are frequently sitting outside or walking the halls for more exercise. Physical therapy and a gym are both in the building and available, and group exercise is held daily. There are opportunities almost daily for excursions to local stores and entertainment. The administration appears to be everywhere in the building rather than sequestered in offices somewhere. They truly are "eyes" to what is going on, both with staff and residents. The front desk staff juggle about a million things at a time but are always available to chat with a resident who wants to talk and greet those coming and going. And the food - my mother-in-law weighs more now (120 lb.) than she ever has in her whole life! 'Nuff said. The building is clean, but housekeeping allows residents to use the building like their homes. There is no "hovering" or stress to keep things spotless at all times; the facility is definitely very clean, clean yet comfortable. Maintenance issues are addressed quickly and efficiently. As I tell my mother-in-law, you can live like a millionaire with staff at your beck and call, staff you can trust and who have the residents as their first priority. Additional services are available when needed and can be added or removed as residents require. We are pleased and pray that this will be home until she reaches her True Home!

Pat19 April 17, 2013

My mom has been here for 8.5 years - arriving after a major stroke. I like that there is a stable staff, the physical therapists are top notch. Even the hairdresser who does her hair weekly does a better job than the one she had a home and the price is so reasonable. The staff has been very patient and supportive during difficult times from the caregiving/wellness staff up to the Executive Director.

CharlotteM. April 09, 2013

My mother is a resident. We have been delighted with the care she has received. Without exception the staff members at Freedom Pointe are always friendly, courteous, and very responsive to requests and questions. When my mother moved in they did everything they could to make her feel welcome and to help her adjust to the community. As a resident, my mother is very happy with the food, the salon, social parties for families, and the "field trips" offered which allow residents to go to local restaurants and stores. I am happy because I believe my Mom is in a safe environment where she'd being cared for by compassionate people.

Garry August 14, 2012

We were thinking about moving mom to a different facility because they had a problem with some kind of stomach bug that went through the place, and 50% of the people there got it. Mom was one of them so she has to be hospitalized and it took her quite a while to recover.

Everything's fine now so she's back there but we were concerned about it. The problem might be what was going on in there. She was quarantined to a room for 2 weeks and then she came out with it. Well, we still don't know what happened. I don't know where it went wrong because we've never been informed.

One day, they called to tell us that mom was doing fine, but she'd been in the hospital already for 2 days and they didn't seem to know that. I told them it was interesting because mom's in the hospital and they're, like, "Oh, my list needs to be updated". So, that was concerning. They had some kind of turnover there, I don't know but I think things are back on track. My suggestion is for them to improve on communication. They must be updated and prompt with communicating to us. Otherwise, it's a very nice facility. It's a pretty expensive place and it's clean and seemed to be well-kept. Mom is okay there at this point. She's back in there and so far I haven't heard her complain about anything new. The staff is friendly and accommodating and the residents there seemed happy.

Hayess September 27, 2011

I was here only a few months but i did enjoy my treatment. Every Saturday i had help working out in the exercise room. I really enjoyed the yoga sessions that were offered also.

ashley2011 September 12, 2011

the center was very professional abd neat. the rooms are spacious and staff was very helpful. i placed my dad her and he was very satisfied with the treatment he received. the staff was nice to him helped him shave every week

From Brookdale Historic Roswell

Brookdale Historic Roswell provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Historic Roswell