Eskaton Village Roseville

1650 Eskaton Loop, Roseville, CA, 95747

Reviews of Eskaton Village Roseville

Lorraine L September 15, 2016

Excellent in all matters.

Caring son24 January 15, 2016

My mom was at Eskaton Village Roseville before she passed on, and our experience has been very good. My father is still there. My mom, with her condition, didn’t participate much in activities but did go on outings. They take one of the buses out on one- to two-hour outings to look around and see things or go shopping. There are memory-type classes and art-type classes, and things like that.

Lorry1 November 30, 2015

The staff at Eskaton Village Roseville was very good. They were very interested in showing us around. We saw the nice restaurant area. Everything about the place was first-class.

Linda114724550 November 25, 2015

Eskaton Village Roseville was very nice and clean. Their amenities were very nice, but their rooms were a little small.

Anna Santucci August 31, 2015

Eskaton and its employees have been a godsend for me and my family. I know my mother is receiving the best care possible. She has met and made many friends. The staff is kind, caring, helpful and have become my friends as well.

Tom114756150 July 31, 2015

The memory care unit has been my wife's home for over a year now. She has a private room which is something that many communities do not provide. But most importantly, the memory care unit staff members are extremely good at providing gentle and empathetic care to each and every resident.

Caring105526950 May 02, 2015

I think Eskaton Village is excellent. The staff and the facility are excellent. The apartment has one bedroom, a living room, and a bathroom. It's very light and very nice. The food was very tasty and very good, but it wasn't very plentiful. I understand why it wasn't. It's not big portions because people are not very active.

They have all kinds of activities like bridge, card games, and board games, and they have a three and half feet deep pool. They also have a full-time activity director. They're very good, and the accommodations are excellent. Security is great. There's a wall around it and two entrances, both of which has a gate and a guardhouse on each end. Then they have a roving security at night that goes around the compound.

Thank you for visiting our community. We are pleased to hear you had a good experience. We offer daily exercise plus balloon volleyball twice a week and Tai Chi every Monday. Brain fitness is also very important. You will see on our activity calendar trivia, Jeopardy, X-box and iPad games. For a complete list of activities and amenities, visit our website http://www.eskaton.org/village-roseville.html.

jeanne9910 November 29, 2014

Eskaton Village is not too far from our place, but it is nice and surrounded by parks, and a not very busy street. My mother likes it when they have a dance. The whole family has been very happy with them. For the memory care unit, there are only 30 residents in there, and it is very well-secured. She has her separate room and separate bath and all that, and we are able to go there and check on her anytime. If we see anything that we question, we ask them.

barefooted July 04, 2014

My Mom was in Memory Care for a month. In that time she developed Stage 3 pressure sores. She had to be moved to another facility for wound care, Pressure sores should never have happened and found her lack of care disturbing. Have to put a star in rating, they do not deserve even that.

Eskaton take reports like this very seriously. We expect that all of our residents receive the best care in the best environment possible. Vicky Cross, executive director, is available to answer any questions about staffing, care, and surveys conducted by the health department.

Caring77295050 May 29, 2014

It’s a tough adjustment from a home to an apartment here in Eskaton Village, but I’m comfortable. It’s going to take a little longer for the adjustment, but I've talked to other people here, and they said sometimes it takes up to a year. The food has been very good. Some of the servicing has been weak. Some of the assistance, I should say, but there are always certain conflicts - personality conflicts etc., but I think most of these are correctable.

Kate16 April 10, 2014

Eskaton was near our house, and my husband stayed there for one night. It was nice, very clean, and very well-lit. They had WiFi, and my husband had his own laptop in his room. They invited us for dinner, and the food was very good. It was well-proportioned, tasty, and nicely presented. The kitchen staff even chatted with people if they had time. The staff was very sweet and accommodating. However, my husband had a dog, and he didn't want to walk the dog enough. Every time he left the dog in the room, the dog would howl, and it was annoying to the nearby people. Fortunately, he opted on his own to come home.

CarnelianSundrop March 20, 2013

I spend time in Eskaton Village Roseville's memory care at least once a week visiting a friend in failing health. The residents (the one I visit included) are often disheveled. The center smells strongly of urine and feces. The staff are kind, but seem overworked, tired and hard to reach since there are so few. I am often waiting upwards 20 minutes for assistance. Activities are slow, juvenile and only ever seem to engage a few of the residents at a time. They often have entertainment though, which brings the group together. Eskaton Village Roseville is a very beautiful facility, but unfortunately runs very mediocre.

Eskaton does everything possible to keep our residents healthy and engaged. Our staff is well trained and receives 40 additional hours in Eskaton’s Memory Care academy. We are very concerned when we hear a report like this and our executive director Vicky Cross takes it very seriously. Please know she investigates every concern by residents, family, visitors and staff.

agnis1234 October 24, 2012

We found this place to be the perfect match for my grandmother because my grandfather had recently passed away and she is all-alone in her big house. We decided that it was time for some extra help more than the family could provide. It really made a difference when the staff showed they cared and interact with my grandmother on a person level. It is a great experience not only when we are there but behind closed doors. She says that they are always as nice as they seem in front of us. It is great to see that they really know what they are doing and truly enjoy their jobs. She also loves the extra curricular activities they provide, such as exercises, barbershop, field trips to places such as the casino and the mall, arts and crafts and many more. This place also has care for every stage of the elderly life. The have three floors depending on what kind of care they need so she knows she is safe and will always be taken care of based on her needs.

HoneyEeds July 18, 2012

When my mother-in-law fell and broke her hip, she was unable to move back home to her 2-story home. She was just starting to have memory issues and was having difficulties taking her medicines. We chose Eskaton Village because it was the nicest facility around and it was near her home and family.

nikkib1447 June 23, 2012

My great grandma and her husband, the Gideon's lived at this facility for over ten years once they both retired. The surrounding yards are always maintained very well and the duck pond at the entrance always looks great with its large fountains. The indoor pool and indoor spas were always kept clean and well stocked with towels for guest use also. The dinning area has a very friendly crew, and the food is reasonable, but nothing out of the ordinary. My grandparents never had any complaints about the faucility and since they were there for quite a long time I take it that it must be quite nice. The apartments and houses are all in a gated community with help never far away for those who are in need. The snack shop is also quite cute for it looks old fashion and has ice cream and shakes. The Rec area near the pool is fun also for it has some games that me and my family use to play when we visited.

SoftKitty March 14, 2012

My aunt began having memory problems. Her husband had died a few years earlier. She was in good health and able to care for herself for several years. Then she began to forget where she left things, what day it was, whether she had taken her medications--the usual slow decline. I and several other family members visited Eskaton because it was close enough to where we lived that we felt we could visit my aunt frequently. The facility is very attractive and very cheerful. They seemed to offer many activities in addition to the long-term memory and dementia care. After about a month at the facility, my aunt began to be withdrawn and seemed to be unwilling to talk to us when we visited. I discovered that she was spending almost all of her time alone in her room. I was told that she was a "disturbing" influence on some of the other residents because she "talked too much." After lengthy discussions with some of the staff and administration, and a few conversations with the other residents, we decided to move her to another facility that really DID specialize in memory loss and other such problems. After a few weeks at her new facility, she became her old chatty self--even if she still didn't know what day it was. She seems happy. I feel Eskaton is more a retirement facility and that they should not claim to be able to deal with memory loss and dementia clients when they can not do so.

Eskaton offers a specialized memory care program called Dawn of a New Day. Our staff receives an extra 40 hours of training through the Eskaton Memory Care Academy. Please read more here http://www.eskaton.org/memory-care.html

lindagrondona February 15, 2012

My mom has been a resident at Eskaton for about 2 years. I am very impressed with the facility which is lovely, but equally impressed with the staff. Without a doubt I believe my mom, who is in memory care, is receiving amazing care. The staff is genuinely concerned about her and I know she is receiving great care. What I have noticed is that many of the staff that were there when she arrived had worked there since it opened its doors and they are still there today. That says a lot to me about how much they enjoy what they do. I have recommended Eskaton to others and am very pleased with everything it offers. My mom gave so much to others as a nurse for over 30 years that it's nice to see her now on the receiving end as she is now getting the same kind of care she once gave.

Susanmo February 13, 2012

My father has been a resident in Eskaton's memory care unit for over a year now. I live far away, and it is a great comfort to me to know that he is very well cared for. I have visited him several times and I talk to him on the phone every week. I also have family close by that checks on him several times a week. When I visit, I spend most of my days at Eskaton with Dad, eating meals with the residents and participating in activities. I've had the opportunity to watch the staff interacting with all the residents, and have been impressed with their caring and patience. As can be imagined, some of the residents in a memory care unit can try one's patience! The staff is very professional, and I am grateful that my dad is getting such good care.

AEDDY January 25, 2012

My father has lived at Eskaton Village Roseville for over a year in Memory Care. Living with minimal supports 3,000 miles away, his health had rapidly deteriorated to the point that he was enrolled in hospice shortly after his arrival in California. I credit the care that he has received at Eskaton Village Roseville to his dramatic improvement and hospice "graduation." The staff is knowledgeable, caring and compassionate. Always a fiercely independent man, they took the time to understand my father's interests and found a way to engage him through music and concerts, computer classes, pet visits, outings and exercise. He thrives on the attention and now feels a sense of daily purpose again. Always respectful, they have found a way to discreetly assist him with daily needs in a way he is comfortable with and will accept. The staff's support extends to the family as well. They have been a valuable resource when navigating through the unfamiliar process of caring for an elderly parent, and have provided emotional strength during some very difficult days. The care and help that my father has received at Eskaton Village Roseville gave me and my family the most important gift of all "“ the gift of time with an aging father. I will be forever grateful.

saynotoeskaton January 22, 2012

Eskaton started out as a stepping stone for my grandma's transition from living at home with her husband to moving into full time memory care. Their experience in their own home was fine, but the time came for her to be in a place with staff trained to deal with her decline into dementia. Before she was admitted to their memory care she was given a full evaluation by staff and my grandfather discussed the problems she was having at home (namely abusive language... no physical aggression towards him whatsoever). A few days after she moved into the memory care place, she started using the previously disclosed abusive language and hit doors. Eskaton's reaction was to call the police, stuck her in an ambulance, and put her in the hospital.

Are you kidding me?! My grandfather had no idea any of this had happened (despite the fact he lived less then a block away) until she was carted away. They didn't even call him so he could ride in the ambulance with her!!!!! Every single professional we have interacted with thinks this was EXTREMELY poorly handled by Eskaton. Her behavior isn't the least bit uncommon in dementia patients. I have to seriously question the way the staff is trained if the best they could do was call the police... and I definitely wonder why the police were contacted well before my grandfather and her husband of fifty years was notified. Needless to say, we will not let Grandma return to this environment.

Long story short, if you're choosing Eskaton as a retirement community, it's great! Lots of activities and a friendly community. But go somewhere, anywhere, else for memory care. Your loved one would be better off in a freaking McDonalds then this place.

This is a very unfortunate situation but, as you can imagine, there is another side to the story, and it is our responsibility to ensure the safety of all of our residents. Lois Roland, Administrator

From Eskaton Village Roseville

Eskaton Village Roseville (a Multiservice Retirement Community) is a service rich retirement community that offers home ownership, as well as the Lodge with assisted living and memory care in a picturesque, gated community. Located in Northwest Roseville, the community is just a short distance to the region's newest medical centers, the area's largest shopping mall, plus numerous restaurants and specialty shops. Residents enjoy the combination of peaceful community living and accessibility to everyday conveniences.

The Memory Care Center is designed to offer a supportive and secure environment for individuals with memory impairments. The Lodge's home-like setting and specially trained staff represent Eskaton's commitment to dignity and quality of living for all residents.

Private rooms with shared common areas (dining, recreation, etc.)

• 24-hour personal assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming
  • Bedside care and tray service for minor, temporary illness or recovery from surgery
  • Recreation and social programs tailored for memory impairment
  • Delayed egress, alarmed perimeter doors Monthly Fees: Monthly service fees are based on the appropriate service level and can be adjusted as individual needs change.

The Lodge's assisted living provides residents with support of everyday living tasks and healthcare, as well as dining, housekeeping, transportation, exercise and social programs.

Apartment Features

Kitchenette, Temperature Control, Emergency Call System

Bathrooms: Private

Facility Features

Activities/Recreation, Beauty/Barber Shop, Chapel Services, Internet Access, Private Dining Room, Fitness Room/Gym, Gardens/Outside Patio, Facility Parking, Private Laundry, 24 hour security at Gate, Guest Meals, Room Service, Pharmaceutical Service, Transportation, Pet Permitted

Features of Eskaton Village Roseville

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• State License(s): 315002052