Senior Star at Weber Place

605 S. Edward Drive, Romeoville, IL, 60446

Reviews of Senior Star at Weber Place

Caring105840450 May 02, 2015

I highly recommend Senior Star. They have a sense of safety there. Anytime there has ever been a change in medical condition, the staff has always made the correct and appropriate decision like sending them to the hospital. I feel safe with them, and the staffs are always checking on them. It is very clean too. As for activities, they have just about everything like church, choir, bingo, crafts, movie nights, and happy hour. They bring in people from Irish dancers to accordion players. I would rate the food as a four on a five star scale.

Norman9 April 17, 2015

I have my mother in Senior Star. I chose it because I toured Senior Star a couple of times over the last 5 years and talked to them, and it is very close to my location. I think they are excellent although she's only been there 3 weeks, and that's our only experience at this point. They have arts & crafts and physical therapy. They take them to church if they want to go.

The place is very nice and very well taken care of. The rooms are fine, and they have a variety of sizes that you can have. We chose what was appropriate for her. She likes the provided food very much. They have three meals a day, and they also have a microwave and a refrigerator and can do some for themselves. I am very satisfied at this point.

Tony21 February 10, 2015

Senior Star is a very nicely run facility, and we chose it for my mother because of the proximity to where I live -- about 15 minutes from my home. The people are very professional, and the service is very much on time. I don't really see anything bad.

Kathleen104976950 January 24, 2015

My first impression of the Senior Star at Weber Place was very warm and caring. Everybody was very happy. The people who work there were very concerned. It just seemed like a nice and happy place. The facility was very clean, and the rooms were very nice. I did not see anything that was out of place. They have lots of activities.

Caring97314150 December 05, 2014

Senior Star at Weber Place has a nice homey feel to it. I like the sizes of the rooms. They are very high on my list. The staff seemed pretty good. As I was going in, a bunch of people were sitting out, and I talked to them for about 15 to 20 minutes asking them about the place, and their general opinion is on the positive side. They did not seem to have a lot of complaints. They were all very honest. I never did get to see their assisted living situation.

Marcia20 November 19, 2014

Senior Star at Weber Place was OK, but we just couldn't afford it. The rooms were nice, and if I could go back for a little bit for myself I probably would, but it was just too expensive. They don't take Medicare or Medicaid, so it is just private pay. The staff was nice. There were just an awful lot of people like when I first walked in, there were so many people in the hallways walking back and forth, and it was a little crowded, but I just tried to ignore that. I went in ahead to have some dinner, and it was good.

Caring99600150 September 30, 2014

Senior Star at Weber Place is an absolutely gorgeous facility. The rooms were beautiful. Everything was just brand new. It was a like a country club because you have anything you want there. They even have a wine and beer night on Thursday. They have a computer room, a library room, and they even a beautiful restaurant. Everybody came up and said hi to us. The staff were friendly. They have an exercise room with exercise machines for elderly people. It’s a 5-star facility. I would recommend this facility if you are wealthy, because it's an expensive one.

Caring89590550 August 01, 2014

We went to Senior Star. It was very home-like. The staff I met were excellent. They always provide activities for the residents. The residents seemed liked they were active; the people were friendly and talkative. The food was excellent and the dining room was comfortable. They do have some chefs there.

Maureen12 July 29, 2014

I live 7 minutes away from Senior Star, and my mother wanted a little apartment as opposed to one room, so we went with them. The price is comparable to all the places we were looking at. Because she's legally blind, they discussed all the options they would have for her care. This place has wonderful amenities. It seems beautiful and new, and the staff seems wonderful. The food is excellent. It is kind of restaurant-style, literally. They have 2 choices of a main meal but on the back of the menu, they can order sandwiches, salads, or soup, a la carte if they don't like either of the 2 meals that are being served.

They have a therapy pool. They have Shapemaster equipment, which is really state of the art. They sit in the piece of equipment and push a button and the equipment moves. They go along for the ride, but it's giving them the full range of motion that that particular machine is designed to do. She goes 3 times a week and they're programmed for 5 minutes in each of the 6 machines, and so that's very good. They also have exercise programs like the Sit and Be Fit. A local library comes there once a month and brings gifts, and then she can participate in the book club.

They have a walking club twice a week, so she gets outside with her walker in nice weather and they walk which is very good. They have mass twice a week, and someone from the local church comes and does the rosary with them once a week. She says it has a little bit of a true religious connection. She is adjusting well. The staff is working very hard to make her feel 100% happy.

Bkwrm June 28, 2014

They have a great promotion that does not follow through. Most of the time the people are in the tv room, just sitting there. The care people sit around and talk. If they know special people are coming. They all run around spit spat. My mom has declined faster there, than at my home. In 6 month she has been injured, urinary infection, bed sores and hospital stay. They keep reminding me that they are not a nursing home. Do not wast your money

Caring29887250 February 28, 2014

When Senior Star Weber Place accepted her and right before she was going to move in, she developed a terrible infection; cellulitis in the jaw. But we thought it's a good fit for her because it was memory and assisted living. It seems to fit her needs.

Barbara85449650 February 13, 2014

Senior Star was okay but it has more of a hotel atmosphere and I think that would be too much for my husband. It’s a nice facility if you’re able to manage things on your own. The rooms were really nice and spacious.

MJ6 January 31, 2014

Senior Star was considerably more expensive than the other ones that I have looked at. It looked it's hard to navigate because it was kind of spread out and so there was going to be a lot of walking. The staff was awesome and they've gone above and beyond. They keep calling me for feedback and so I would say that they are up there in terms of staff.

Caring72102050 October 30, 2013

Senior Stars was close to my home. It was fabulous. It was very, very nice, clean and neat. The staff was unbelievably helpful and nice. Even the people staying there were also willing to help if they saw you looking around. The rooms were very nice. They are large and very roomy for just what I would call a studio. The dining room is beautiful. They had activities. They even had a night of karaoke. They had all the things that you could do. It was just a nice place to be.

Gale2 May 16, 2013

Mom needs a little bit more assistance, but Senior Star does not offer the extra care that mom might need. But other than that, I like their facility. The environment is very nice. They have lots of different services for the residents.

snow4jc December 10, 2012

my father was in the memory care facility at Senior Star for 7 months. Previously he was in a nursing home for 3 months and one month in a hospital. The nursing staff at Sr. Star was far & above what we experienced at the previous home. They respected every resident, engaged them & encouraged them and they worked very well with the family. The residents were always clean as well as the facility. Our dad was sometimes pretty combative & "bossy" ~ they teamed up and worked together to manage him at his worst. At the end of his life, they were like family. They loved him and helped all of us work through those weeks, too. The only downside is we had little contact with the facility's doctor. When we did (via phone call), he took time and answered all the questions we had.

lmarsh4444 March 30, 2010

Trolling for seniors

My mother lives by herself in Joliet (no family around). Over the course of several months, the people at Weber place managed to insinuate themselves into her life, going so far as to pick her up from a hospital stay. This was against our wishes; we had instructed them to contact a family member only for info, not her. Although she is in a weakened physical and mental condition, they took almost $8000 from her; she did not spend even one night in her apartment there, besides respite care which was additional of course. Due to extreme illness, she is now with family and we are trying to get her back her money. I hope this story has a happy ending and they do what is right.

From Senior Star at Weber Place

Senior Star at Weber Place is a progressive and inviting retirement community in Romeoville, IL with independent living, assisted living, and memory care components.

Our individual residences are attractive and bright, waiting for you to add your personal touches with your own cherished belongings. Weber Place community living areas and dining rooms welcome you to share stories and make new friends. And because everything is meticulously maintained - with housekeeping and linen service provided, you never have to worry about repairs, cleaning or yard work. Resident's families appreciate the peace of mind they gain by knowing that their loved ones live in a community that supports independence, encourages socialization and wellness and helps their loved one experience a fulfilling lifestyle.

Every year, we talk with thousands of families as they explore their options for transitioning into a senior living community. We find that most families desire the same things for themselves and their loved ones. Safety and security. Comfortable, supportive surroundings. A healthy lifestyle and well-being. A little help when it's needed. These are the very basics. And we do them extremely well!

We invite you to come and experience life at Senior Star at Weber Place today!

Features of Senior Star at Weber Place

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• We help families understand VA benefits

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55