Brookdale Summer Ridge

3020 Ridge Road, Rockwall, TX, 75032

Reviews of Brookdale Summer Ridge

August 01, 2013

By Mary64991950

It was a good value. It was a nice facility with caring and knowledgeable people. I thought it would be a good fit for my mother. They had a menu with two sides. On one side it showed what they were having that day and on the other side, it had what would be available that week, if you did not want what was available that day.

July 31, 2013

By Adam4

My mother is at Emeritus at Summer Ridge. It is a very nice home. It is very clean, and well-maintained. There is a landscape inside the building. The staff was great and if I had any challenges, all I had to do was talk to the person who heads that group and they would take care of it. For the meals, they give you two entrees to choose from. You can pick your own side dish which is very nice. They constantly have something going on every day to keep the people busy. They have exercise activities, bingo and movies. They take them shopping.

April 24, 2013

By MIKO14

Other

I am a physical therapist working for a local home health care agency. I see patients daily in their homes in the community and many assisted living facilities in the area. There is no question in my mind that Summer Ridge provides the best care in the area. The facility itself if decorated beautifully and is kept immaculately clean. There is no "institutional" odor. The residents are as busy as they would like to be with a variety of activities offered to keep them active and engaged. The staff is the BEST!! Truly caring, dedicated individuals who are interested and devoted to the residents. I would, and do, recommend Summer Ridge to anyone who has reached the time in their life when they are in need of additional care.

March 29, 2013

Their apartments in Emeritus were dark, at least the ones they took as to. They're smaller compared to the ones my mother's in. I think their place is clean and they have good staff. I suggest that they update the place, paint it and brighten things up.

July 31, 2012

By LuAnn1

Summer Ridge Assisted living is a great place for the elderly to have a wonderful experience in continuing to live which with the same if not better in the ways they lived before having to go to such a facility. There staff is wonderful and accommodating to their every need but at the same time allowing them to some what take care of themselves and their spaces (rooms) to their own desires. It is nice to see such wonderful people helping our elderly and families continue living in an enriching way. The facility itself is beautiful with peaceful places for the residents to rest or do fun activities with others.

February 17, 2012

By JJohnson

The care at this facility seemed sufficent. Nothing spectacular but not exactly lacking. I had seen mine grand mother in worse nuring homes before. This one thank God lacked the distinct smell of stale urine and defecate. I would be under the assumption that this facility is cleaner than the others. Also, she does not complain about the food as she did at other homes. A lot of people assume its just elderly taste buds not functioning properly, but I have tasted some of the slop they serve at other homes. It is dreadful. The staff here is generally nice and will cater to the elderlys requests without belittling them. They of course have doctors on site that will frequent the residents. A church service is offered on Sundays and also a nice recreation area that helps them pass the time. All in all it is a decent facility to live out your last years on Earth.

Photos of Brookdale Summer Ridge

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Summer Ridge

About Brookdale Summer Ridge

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Summer Ridge