Sunrise of Rockville

8 Baltimore Road, Rockville, MD, 20850

Reviews of Sunrise of Rockville

Vickie9 May 06, 2015

My parent moved to Sunrise a couple of months ago. The staff has been very good, very compassionate, and receptive in working with mom. The rooms were nice. We ate there, the food was good, and the dining room was nice. We were surprised though when she was evaluated and placed in a locked down unit in the fourth floor. She is higher functioning than the other residents of her floor. They did bingo, painted with them, and celebrated birthdays.

makeup lady June 26, 2014

Sunrise of Rockville is definitely better than some other places. The rooms are a pretty nice size. My concern there is that my husband has to be in a locked-down on the 4th floor, and somehow that doesn't make me comfortable. Also, the eating arrangements and all were just completely different. But the rooms were very nice and actually much nicer than others. It was also easier to get to than I thought it would be.

rampservic January 28, 2014

Sunrise seemed more like a nursing home than an assisted living facility. Most of the residents seemed to be in wheelchairs, walkers and in a vegetative state. It was pretty much depressing. I was very turned off by the place and I couldn’t wait to get out of there.

caring12061 December 26, 2012

I have to say the staff is very nice at Sunrise of Rockville. My mom said she feels very comfortable and very welcome. I feel like the communication and things that are important are all in place. Everything has been fine.

Hchurn7 September 11, 2011

In general the Sunrise facility in Rockville was a nice, clean place, almost like a hotel. Friends and family can visit the building freely without doubting the conditions. There is also a sufficient amount of staff in the building at all times. The facility often organizes numerous events for the residents. For example, once there was a "carnival", where food, drinks and entertainment was provided for the residents. Additionally, the facility sometimes hires entertainers to perform. Overall, the staff makes sure that the residents are all entertained and enjoy their stay at the facility. The building also contains a cafeteria, where residents may eat their meals. The food provided is both nutritious and favorable to the residents.In conclusion, after visiting Sunrise, I can say that it is a well developed and well organized facility, and would be my first recommendation to others. The facility covers almost all the things needed to become an Assisted Living facility.

From Sunrise of Rockville

Located just two minutes off I-270 and ten minutes from the 495 Capital Beltway, Sunrise of Rockville sits in a convenient location for all of Montgomery County - just off Rockville Pike near the Metro. We pride ourselves on the continuity of our dedicated and loving staff, which creates a wonderful family-oriented atmosphere. We specialize in personalizing our services to meet the daily needs of each of our residents. Our specially designed program for the memory impaired offers comfort, care, attention and stimulation for each resident.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise of Rockville

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Sunrise of Rockville